So we have one of the best

toffee

Reaction score
Doesn't matter about your skill positions if the Lines don't rise to the task, all those skill players need to get the ball and have a place to go or have a QB have time to get it there, on defense if your gashed by the run it means the LB'S and D line can't hold up to the task, an all star secondary is wasted without run support and pressure on the QB.

If we improve there, we can do some serious damage.
What is your prediction on our OL and DL?

rcaido

Reaction score
I predicted 5 games max last year...

I think think they go 9-8 or 8-9. It depends if the Rams suck just as bad as last year.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I honestly dont know what to think. On paper they should be a game or two better, but who knows. I still think they will struggle in the trenches. The schedule looks tough, but you never know how teams unfold until the season plays along. Will Geno continue to play admirably or will he regress? Injuries are always a factor too.

Playing it safe - 10-7 with yet another early post season exit.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I predicted a few more wins this season, hopefully against SC.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Still not sure Smith is “one of the best QBs,” let’s see how he does in 23. Lots of guys have had one good year. But he does have a ton of weapons around him, so if he can just be a pg, we should be set.

Fade

Reaction score
Clint Hurtt and Pete's track record on defense the last 7 years has my expectations tempered.

If the defense plays well, though? The sky is the limit, because this will be the best offense in Seahawks history.

Mick063

Reaction score
After an initial hurdle of getting a bunch of new defensive faces on the same page, this team will go on a tear.

We will get some early season moaning and whining though because it is going to take a couple of games. Just ignore them for the first quarter.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
I have this team at 9-8 again. As favorable as the front end of our schedule looks, Nov 10th-Dec 5th is an absolute grind; Ravens, Rams, Cowboys and 49ers twice. Also, teams have a full year of tape on the "Seahawk" Geno Smith heading into 2023, who imo sputtered to end 2022.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I was at the raiders game and when jacobs got past our D it let all the air out and people got up before he was in the end zone and couldn't get out fast enough
It all relies on our defense and if they can or can't stop the run , so it's a wait n see but if they can well .....
Can't wait for real games and of course
FTRs
Go hawks

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Clint Hurtt and Pete's track record on defense the last 7 years has my expectations tempered.

If the defense plays well, though? The sky is the limit, because this will be the best offense in Seahawks history.
Agreed!
If this IS the best offense in Seahawks history we will at least sell a LOT of tickets. And if our defense plays well a lot of those tickets will be to playoff game/s.

chris98251

Reaction score
What is your prediction on our OL and DL?
Depends on how we put together the interior on both. Need the run stuffers for sure, we have edge guys up the Ying Yang now,, Our linebackers have to be able to play down hill and aggressive to the line and not be in wait and react mode. On offense, Center has to get sorted out, and if Bradford is the guy it will take a few games.

I am thinking rough out of the gate as far as look great a few plays burned on others, same on offense a few series where we look unstoppable and then we are shut down as oppositions throw veteran tactics at our youngsters and get in their heads some.

We could be 3 and 5 out of the gate, but like every year, seems like games 8 - 16 we go on a tear. So 9 and 7 0r 10 and 6 are not to far of a reach, if stuff clicks we could be 13 and 3.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Agreed!
If this IS the best offense in Seahawks history we will at least sell a LOT of tickets. And if our defense plays well a lot of those tickets will be to playoff game/s.

Are Seahawks games ever not sold out? I was under the impression that every game was sold out, and that for some time now, the number of tickets sold every season was the same as the number of tickets made available for sale that season.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
We could be 3 and 5 out of the gate, but like every year, seems like games 8 - 16 we go on a tear. So 9 and 7 0r 10 and 6 are not to far of a reach, if stuff clicks we could be 13 and 3.

Are you expecting a Seahawks game to be cancelled, or did you forget that each NFL team currently has 17 regular-season games?

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'll have to qualify my remarks by saying that I'm naturally pessimistic, but I'm thinking that we'll go 9-8, same record as last season, and one and done in the playoffs. Although it's really hard to handicap schedules this far out, at least on paper, this season's looks tougher than last year.

And I'll be specific and go above and beyond what anyone else has predicted. Here's how I think the season will shake out:

Week 1 vs. the Rams: W
Week 2 at Detroit: L
Week 3 vs Carolina: W
Week 4 at NY Giants: L
Week 5 Bye
Week 6 at Bengals: L
Week 7 vs. Cards: W
Week 8 vs. Browns: W
Week 9 at Baltimore: L
Week 10 vs. Commanders: W
Week 11 at LA Rams: W
Week 12 vs. Niners: L