SI team preview

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't they have not said anything about returning Green and Martin nor acquired Ziggy, or what Mingo can bring as a DE primarily.

Once again they just don't do the research needed. We may not have a top ten Pass Rush on paper, but I would wager it is going to be better then non existent, also them saying Blitzing is the only way we will get pressure means they have been baited by the pre season, we won't gamble that much on defense all the time, situationally yes but not as a basis of operation.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't think leaving out Green or Mingo is a big deal (Mingo might not even make the team). Leaving out Ziggy is an obvious miss and they should be embarrassed. Leaving out Martin means they didn't look very closely.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkGA":3rhhpobt said:
I don't think leaving out Green or Mingo is a big deal (Mingo might not even make the team). Leaving out Ziggy is an obvious miss and they should be embarrassed. Leaving out Martin means they didn't look very closely.

I read where Mingo is going to be put in a position to do what he does best, rush the passer and added weight, he may drop into coverage at times to confuse the offense granted but is going to be more of a dedicated DE, that can be done with Wagner, Wright and Kendricks on the roster as well as the depth we have.

McGruff

Reaction score
chris98251":1criu9by said:
HawkGA":1criu9by said:

I read where Mingo is going to be put in a position to do what he does best, rush the passer and added weight, he may drop into coverage at times to confuse the offense granted but is going to be more of a dedicated DE, that can be done with Wagner, Wright and Kendricks on the roster as well as the depth we have.

Yeah.

And he has been really bad all preseason at doing that. Playing well into the 4th quarters and getting schooled by burger flippers.

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":214k5ooo said:
chris98251":214k5ooo said:
HawkGA":214k5ooo said:

Yeah.

And he has been really bad all preseason at doing that. Playing well into the 4th quarters and getting schooled by burger flippers.

Well they are using less meat in patties now at Burger King so maybe they are lighter allowing them to flip quicker and develop quick twitch muscles.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Just another myopic national reporter repeating the party line. :177692:

At least RW’s frequent brilliance is recognized, but not a careful examination of the D.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":2wszx3od said:
I don't they have not said anything about returning Green and Martin nor acquired Ziggy, or what Mingo can bring as a DE primarily..

The guy obviously did his homework if he got into the weeds of the zone coverages we've been using on defense this pre-season.

So why didn't he bring up Ziggy, Green, Martin or Mingo? Cause they haven't played or been effective playing.

Sorry, but Mingo's been awful in his transition to strictly DE this pre-season and is probably going to be cut tomorrow, and Green and Martin are just backups. They've both shown flashes, but not enough to get excited over or to even think they can be difference makers consistently rushing the passer.

I also think he nailed us going into the season, and I'd be SHOCKED if we don't pull off a trade to pick up a quality DE. Might not be Clowney, but there will other dudes available this weekend.