SI 1st Round Mock Draft

GemCity

Reaction score
SI 1st Round Mock

They have Chicago taking Anderson and us taking Carter…I’d love for this to happen but, Anderson would be a great addition as well.

Hawks take Richardson at 12. He’s an interesting prospect and sitting behind a re-signed Geno would be a great situation for him.

I was kind of hoping for four straight defensive picks and “maybe” finding a QB in the later rounds. This is a complete 180 from what I thought before we saw Geno come and and rip it up. If we re-sign Geno (and we should), how do we not roll with an All-Pro QB, bolster our defense, and maybe get him more protection and another offensive threat instead of taking a QB that early?

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. If PC and JS grab a QB that early, while having All-Pro Geno back, I have no doubt they think that pick is going to be a star. You could say this about any other team and pick in the first, but, Hawks fans know this is especially true for PC and JS when it comes to QBs…

There’s a gazillion draft threads…just bored and was surprised at the #12 pick….

WarHawks

Reaction score
I think Richardson will be gone by 12. Levis also. There are half a dozen teams that need qb's.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
The more I think about Levis the more I'm convinced he's
the next Josh Allen
I think Richardson will be gone by 12. Levis also. There are half a dozen teams that need qb's.
I hope Seattle's smart enough to not have either of these two on their day 1 draft boards.

12forlife

Reaction score
I hope Seattle's smart enough to not have either of these two on their day 1 draft boards.
Bet the teams that passed on Mahomes & Allen are saying the same thing right now?? I think if JS & PC think one of them is our guy u pull the trigger.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Geno had 10 turnover throws in a 4 game stretch. That changes his narrative drastically. He’s been really good and blew expectations out of the water but I’m not convinced he’s going to be what we saw the first half of the year from here on out and I hope they’re not either. If you don’t love any of the QBs then fine roll with geno because he’s at worst a decent QB but I’m not passing on a franchise guy

Chevy

Reaction score
If Pete retires after this season, then I think it's highly probable that John Schneider would draft a QB in the 1st round.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Geno had 10 turnover throws in a 4 game stretch. That changes his narrative drastically. He’s been really good and blew expectations out of the water but I’m not convinced he’s going to be what we saw the first half of the year from here on out and I hope they’re not either. If you don’t love any of the QBs then fine roll with geno because he’s at worst a decent QB but I’m not passing on a franchise guy
I agree. You should not evaluate a QB from a small sample of games. After a mini-streak, either good or bad, we can expect what statisticians call “regression toward the mean”

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I DOn't know, we got two QB's, lets get some Defense, maybe an OL.. besides, don't we have Denvers 1st next year.. they will still suck next year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The more I think about Levis the more I'm convinced he's the next Josh Allen
I was playing around with the PFN Mock Draft Simulator. I chose Carter at #3 and Levis at #12. I agree he's the closest to Josh Allen style of play. Strong arm and can run if needed. They both, Allen and Levis, are in the Ben Roethlisberger mold (physical perspective).

Will Levis, Draft Network NFL Draft profile - https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/will-levis-aec7933d-f8e0-457b-a27f-f9951a585b87/

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think of that happened Seattle would run to the podium but Levis wont be there at 12. The mock simulator is fun!

WarHawks

Reaction score
Here's a crazy idea. Get Carter, then trade up from 12 to get a qb using next year's Denver pick?

BASF

Reaction score
This coming years picks will be the 2023 draft. We don't have any Denver picks after that to trade unless you mean trading Denver's second round pick to move up. Is that what you meant to say?

knownone

Reaction score
Richardson at 12 feels like a stretch. Ignore the highlights, and he looks like a two-year project, minimum. The dude misses wide-open receivers from a clean pocket and looks like he's making everything up on the fly. With that said, he's a similar prospect as Trey Lance, so maybe someone will gamble on him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Levi isn’t Josh Allen. He is much closer to Trubiski than anything.

We need defense. Hope the first 4 picks are all defense. Sign a C in FA

Last edited: