Should Seattle lose tonight

Mizak

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":6qbvhxed said:
What should happen for the rest of the season according to you?

Invoke the Wildcard Giants team that beat the Undefeated Patriots in that Super Bowl into the Seahawks.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't see how we would have a choice other than to keep fighting. At least we have Jacksonville the following week, which would give us a great chance to be at least 3-5 going into the bye. We'd still be in the mix for the 7th playoff spot, although our margin of error would be next to nothing.

But if we lose to New Orleans AND Jacksonville? Fire sale. Get whatever we can for whoever we can.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What should happen to what?

The team? The fans?

If we lose, we'll hear what we've heard after every loss this year, the same bromides of optimism from Pete and the team leader that they need to play better and there's still time to turn the season around.

I don't see that happening, but that's what you'd expect out of a proud organization like the Hawks who are used to winning to say right?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Rat":3knrsnzy said:
But if we lose to New Orleans AND Jacksonville? Fire sale. Get whatever we can for whoever we can.

And then?

Not saying you're wrong, but it's a pretty scary scenario given the recent propensity for getting fleeced.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lost 2 games in Overtime. Average team yes, but a few plays from being 4-2.
And no, I am NOT SAYING that they are a top tier team. Or that they are playoff bound. But it's not over until it's over.

JGreen79

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ceijxaf said:
Lost 2 games in Overtime. Average team yes, but a few plays from being 4-2.
And no, I am NOT SAYING that they are a top tier team. Or that they are playoff bound. But it's not over until it's over.

Strangely enough a win tonight puts them in the 7th seed spot. It's not over yet, they just need to hang on until after the bye

flv

Reaction score
After Week 6 the probability order for making the last 2 NFC playoff spots was Saints, Vikings, 49ers, Seahawks, Eagles. If the Seahawks can get a win tonight it will be a very good week for them. Losing would put the Saints firmly in the #6 seed and it would be an uphill battle for the Seahawks to compete for the last playoff spot. If the Seahawks lose they should be looking to trade players on expiring contracts to save on future cap space. This wouldn't mean players like Wilson. They could wait until after the Jaguars game and trade at the deadline. It's business.

diver110

Reaction score
Well, so far it looks like a win tonight is in reach. The Hawks are not an elite team, even with Wilson. But it is hard to see how they make the playoffs if they lose tonight. Even if they lose, I don’t see them making many changes until closer to the end of season.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Well, hindsight kinda makes this cheating:
-PC has completely lost the fans.
-PC has mostly lost the team.
-Somebody needs to ******* slap Jody Allen in the face to wake her up.