Shane Waldron appreciation thread?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Seattle goes into this game with 2 tackles out. I don't know if Brown came back or not but if not, if he he didn't he loses another one in game. On the road in a very hostile environment and he came up with an excellent game plan and called a good game too.
Was that long one at the end of the 4th the only sack given up? The guys, Geno, Tyler and al executed well too but thought Waldron deserved props for this one

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He called a good game, but my issue with the Waldron is he is uneven. This is actually a criticism of Pete Carroll's offenses in general. You never know what you're going to get. An offense that will put up 30+ points or a team that plays to their weaknesses and struggles to get out of their own way.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
I will appreciate the man as soon as he learns to either teach a proper screen or remove those pages from the playbook.
So jealous of teams that execute screens for 10 or 20 yards continually while we loose yardage almost every time.

sutz

Reaction score
Thought it was a well called game overall. Maybe a few more run plays, but lot of variety in the passing game with a lot of different targets. Waldron is just in his 3rd season, and his second with this QB and with a lot of young players out there. I give him credit for doing a pretty tough job well.

OP
OP
H

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
So jealous of teams that execute screens for 10 or 20 yards continually while we loose yardage almost every time.
Our blocking downfield really struggles on those. On that one to Parkinson that Hutchinson knocked down, the linebacker had sliced between the blockers and was in position to blow it up even if the ball gets there.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Seattle goes into this game with 2 tackles out. I don't know if Brown came back or not but if not, if he he didn't he loses another one in game. On the road in a very hostile environment and he came up with an excellent game plan and called a good game too.
Was that long one at the end of the 4th the only sack given up? The guys, Geno, Tyler and al executed well too but thought Waldron deserved props for this one
The only problem I had with playcalling was not attacking their safeties when they went out.

Other than that - alot of it FELT like the first half of last season's calls. Which I was hoping for.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Our blocking downfield really struggles on those. On that one to Parkinson that Hutchinson knocked down, the linebacker had sliced between the blockers and was in position to blow it up even if the ball gets there.
Yup,I saw that during the play and thought a completed pass would've been fumbled.

James in PA

Reaction score
He called a great game today. I'd like to see him do this more consistently. We needed every bit of his great playcalling today with Myers and the defense doing everything in their power to screw up the game.

NoGain

Reaction score
He wasn't super innovative, but I had little to complain about in the play calling department. They just executed well on offense today for the most part.

OP
OP
H

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The only problem I had with playcalling was not attacking their safeties when they went out.

Other than that - alot of it FELT like the first half of last season's calls. Which I was hoping for.
I thought at least one of them game back in?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
He called a good game, but my issue with the Waldron is he is uneven. This is actually a criticism of Pete Carroll's offenses in general. You never know what you're going to get. An offense that will put up 30+ points or a team that plays to their weaknesses and struggles to get out of their own way.

Exactly. I need to see more consistency than just one game. Play like we did today for the next 4 weeks and we can talk.