Seatttle Mariners @ Cleveland Guardians Sep 2-4

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Why are they tired? Were they doing wind sprints after a single inning pitched? ;)
Most of them pitched more than once in the series. Some on consecutive days. I'm not saying we'll have nobody in the pen, but the guys who are on their second or third call in the last 3-4 days won't have their best stuff. It would be very nice if Marco can go at least 7 innings tonight so at least a few of them can get a day off.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
TBH the Guardians remind me a bit of the Mariners last season. The stat lines kind of indicate they are playing above their heads, much like the Mariners with almost getting into the playoffs with a negative run differential. It appears that Cleveland has been winning with a lot of small ball and very little power hitting. I actually like a little small ball, the old get 'em on, move 'em over, bring 'em home stuff you do with singles, steals, sacrifices, etc. I love that stuff, but it's not sustainable in today's game where the other guys can score 3-4 runs with a single swing of the bat. Cleveland, like the M's last year, need some additional pop in their lineup.