Seattle Sounders 2018 Season

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Smurf":9e97xisx said:
Harry Shipp and Brad Smith both out 2-3 weeks with Hamstring Injuries.

Feel like Smiths form dipped a little after a great debut. Still the best option and still a loss.

Never thought I'd say the same about Shipp too but he has played well lately.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":ebt5kwqx said:
Heard Luis Suarez has an offer from MLS. He's been linked to Seattle previously and is close with Lodeiro.

We have a DP spot...

Suarez is a piece of crap as a person but an effin amazing player.

Suarez is not a piece of crap as a person...

Just weird sometimes.

As one of my favorite players ever I hope he never plays for Seattle if that's how fans would think of him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1iur0icy said:
Glasgow Seahawk":1iur0icy said:
Heard Luis Suarez has an offer from MLS. He's been linked to Seattle previously and is close with Lodeiro.

We have a DP spot...

Just weird sometimes.

As one of my favorite players ever I hope he never plays for Seattle if that's how fans would think of him.

As A Liverpool fan, I loved Suarez the player, but he does have a long history of erratic and even racist behavior.

So piece of crap person? No, that's harsh, but I'd say he's got some questionable personal issues that maturity has not slowed down.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
He certainly has made some questionable decisions on the field. Would never debate that. Is his biting the worst thing ever? is it some leg breaking tackle, or shoulder damaging arm bar, tearing up a knee or ankle with studs up?

It's not.

The racist behavior is probably a conversation for you and I off the board, but I would disagree that was what happened that day.

I think he's a passionate footballer with a loose brain. he is (was) brilliant and mad. He'd be fantastic for the MLS if they appreciated what and who he is.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Topic change

Just read that Paul Allen is interesred in buying Chelsea and has met twice with their lawyers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":uat5k38h said:
Topic change

Just read that Paul Allen is interesred in buying Chelsea and has met twice with their lawyers.

Wow, that'd be insane...............not that I could ever bring myself to root for Chelsea. I wonder if Abramovich is having money issues, or he just wants to get out.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ufsi3k0 said:
Uncle Si":2ufsi3k0 said:
Topic change

Wow, that'd be insane...............not that I could ever bring myself to root for Chelsea. I wonder if Abramovich is having money issues, or he just wants to get out.

Doubt the money issues. I do know that he (or his ventures) have come under more scrutiny in England since Brexit (may or may not be related, i don't understand all that to be honest).

He may just be wanting to move on.

Either way, if it was to go through, that would be some connection between the MLS' most popular franchises and one of the world's most popular.

Possibilities abound (including the loan opportunities, of which Chelsea loves)

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2nrkwvww said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2nrkwvww said:

We have a DP spot...

Just weird sometimes.

I stand by my opinion.

I still want him as a Sounders player regardless.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1341a36i said:
Uncle Si":1341a36i said:
Glasgow Seahawk":1341a36i said:

We have a DP spot...

Just weird sometimes.

I stand by my opinion.

I still want him as a Sounders player regardless.

He's an acquired taste (see what i did there)

(he's also a stand up guy in both the Liverpool and Barcelona communities, regularly donating money and time to youth programs, etc. He's a shit on the field. off it, he does a good job)

Smurf

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2puf3bqu said:

We have a DP spot...

Easy on the 3rd DP spot. A couple articles have been written lately that MLS may get rid of the 3rd DP slot in favor of increasing TAM and the Salary Cap (Which I think will improve the league).

And if that is the case...then Garth Lagerway deserves a lot more credit for how he's built the roster, and more importantly managed the salary cap.

Smurf

Reaction score
Suarez to Seattle sounds too good to be true....but then again #DempseyWatch happened...

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1p0luz30 said:
Topic change

Can you post that article?

That would be such a great thing for MLS and Chelsea fans. Allen is the type of owner to hire a manager and give him time to develop a roster to win. Opens a lot of avenue's for the relationship between the two.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Personally I would like to see Chelsea lose their sugar daddy and return to mid table mediocrity like they used to be. Definition of a historically middling club that won the lottery.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":3bshftem said:
Uncle Si":3bshftem said:
Topic change

Can you post that article?

That would be such a great thing for MLS and Chelsea fans. Allen is the type of owner to hire a manager and give him time to develop a roster to win. Opens a lot of avenue's for the relationship between the two.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paul-allen-emerges-potential-new-13322423

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1g8zt9xr said:
Nice to see Seattle stop their mini-skid with a 4-0 thumping of Colorado.

Looked like Colorado gave up after the first 10 minutes of the match. That was about as easy as it gets for a win. Sounders moved up the table ahead of RSL and the TImbers.

Smurf

Reaction score
hawkfan68":s9r21gg1 said:
SeatownJay":s9r21gg1 said:
Nice to see Seattle stop their mini-skid with a 4-0 thumping of Colorado.

Looked like Colorado gave up after the first 10 minutes of the match. That was about as easy as it gets for a win. Sounders moved up the table ahead of RSL and the TImbers.

When 3 of the 4 goals scored are from simple cutbacks you know they are a bad team. They didn't mark anyone in the box...

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Houston are without their top players/forwards as well. Unless Bruin steps up I think this has 0-0 written all over it. Bruin has been off form lately though.