Seattle Mariners @ San Diego Padres Jul 9-10...

sutz

Reaction score
Off to California for a short 2 game series in SD, followed by a 4 gamer at the Angels. Gotta get something going. Can't go into the break on this slide.

Probables:

Tue: Logan Gilbert RHP (5-5, 2.91 ERA, 108 SO) vs Adam Mazur RHP (1-2, 7.52, 15 SO)

Wed: Bryce Miller RHP (6-7, 3.84 ERA, 97 SO) vs Randy Vasquez RHP (2-4, 4.66 ERA, 38 SO)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Bright side is Santos is ready to go.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's HUUUUUGE ^^

Munoz can only do so much. The bullpen is spent. It's not a coincidence that they went from dominant to very shaky. At some point, you need more help in that bullpen.

Chapow

Reaction score
Really need to see some signs of life from our offense against this starting pitcher. 7.52 ERA, more walks than K's, giving up a .301 BA to opposing hitters. Almost certainly not ready to be pitching at this level. If they can't do anything against this guy, there's probably no hope for this offense (not that I have much hope for them anyway).

Crizilla

Reaction score
Robles still not playing despite .300 avg with the team. Canzone didn't have a BAD June but Robles played better. Almost every move this team makes I don't understand.

Julio goes yard.
I *still* think T-Mobile park sucks to hit in from opening day through June. Hopefully Julio heats up let's go global warming!
I like Raley but I don't think he's a 3 spot guy. Rather see him 4, 5, or 6. He's batting .100 in the 3 spot. His stats are crazy good lower in the line up. Of course no coach cares or probably even knows it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Helluva game tonight. Gilbert was aces through 7. Tough finish, but still a great outing.

Nice to see them find the boomsticks. Hopefully it's not a one and done.

Finally get to see Santos. Rough start, but got it done with no damage. Guy throws smoke, for sure.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Robles still not playing despite .300 avg with the team. Canzone didn't have a BAD June but Robles played better. Almost every move this team makes I don't understand.

Julio goes yard.
I *still* think T-Mobile park sucks to hit in from opening day through June. Hopefully Julio heats up let's go global warming!
I like Raley but I don't think he's a 3 spot guy. Rather see him 4, 5, or 6. He's batting .100 in the 3 spot. His stats are crazy good lower in the line up. Of course no coach cares or probably even knows it.
Robles is one who can hit the fastball,I like him so far.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Needed Game 1.

Not a lot of faith winning game 2 for me. Miller away splits are so bad.

bileever

Reaction score
Welcome to Seattle, Mr. Santos. Holy crap. That dude is awesome :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Barking back and forth right away, then telling the bench he's their daddy. I like him already.
Yes, over 100mph on the fastball. Imagine if we had him and Brash over the first half of the season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, as much as get on the front office (justified) there was no way to predict that they would be without those 2 for most of the season.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Julio.... 4 strikeouts swinging at balls again. Dude has 22 walks on the year (360 plate appearances). That is absolutely pathetic. No coaching going on. This franchise has a potential star and are doing nothing to help him, lmao. If Julio went to Atlanta or Philly they would actually teach him the game of baseball at the highest level.

Luckily, Miller was on point today. Take 3 out of 4 now from the Angels and go into the All Star break feeling better before you start playing Houston again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Mariners baseball. Pitching duel, which we have an advantage in against most teams. Low scoring with a couple of key hits to score just enough runs to bring it home. Munoz makes it interesting but comes through in the end. Some great defense, including Julio nailing a guy at home from center. Nice tag by Cal on that play as well.

Nice to sweep that series. Been needing it. Not sure where the Angels are at, but we should be better than them. Let's finish the first half on a high note.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cal and Munoz keeping this team afloat week after week. Need some better hitting coaches desperately.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yep, I'm honestly hoping that they package Miller in for a trade. He's the weak link, imo.
You really believe this after last night?
Miller is only in his second season,I think he will only get better with
more experience.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's been pretty bad on the road. That was awesome to see him light it up. Very easy to say after the fact. You have to give up something to get something.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Julio.... 4 strikeouts swinging at balls again. Dude has 22 walks on the year (360 plate appearances). That is absolutely pathetic. No coaching going on. This franchise has a potential star and are doing nothing to help him, lmao. If Julio went to Atlanta or Philly they would actually teach him the game of baseball at the highest level.

Luckily, Miller was on point today. Take 3 out of 4 now from the Angels and go into the All Star break feeling better before you start playing Houston again.
Not as pathetic as praising a guy one day and acting like he's Colton Wong the next. His throw to the plate also saved the game.