Seattle Mariners @ NY Yankees May 20-23...

Crizilla

Reaction score
I was cautiously optimistic when the M's worked the pitch count into oblivion through three innings. Then, they proceeded to accomplish nothing further until the Raleigh three-run homer.
They were having great at bats early on but 0-4 Polanco, Julio being an idiot swinging at balls while Scotty stands there with his thumb up his arse, France caught stealing(yeah he's so fast) and benching Rojas and Raley means this team ain't driving in any runs. Let's sit your 2 best players. Cool story.

I've never seen a coaching staff change their line up so much and derail momentum like this one. It's fohkin stewpid.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Julio continues to strike out on balls. He's literally getting no coaching which means yes M's ARE constantly getting out coached because opposing managers know Julio is not getting coached therefore don't need to thrown him a strike purposely since he'll swing at anything. I'm sick of baseball fans that downplay managing a game. This team isn't managed good. It's not. Cold hard fact. But we're quiet because first place. If the Ms even made the world series this year with what's going on here it would be seriously one of the best feats or miracles in American sports.
If you are so talented, do you need coaching?
I have a hard time thinking JR or ARoid needed coaching to hit.

Jase

Reaction score
1 hit in 8 innings, 3 hits all game. Absolutely pathetic. At least we got the split but this type of crap is incredibly painful to watch.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Like someone said a few days ago - New York is just insanely good. Or something along those lines. And did I mention they SUCK wins out of thin air via billion dollar player salaries?

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
If you are so talented, do you need coaching?
I have a hard time thinking JR or ARoid needed coaching to hit.
All players need coaching at least one whose sole job is to keep an eye on the player to see if they developed bad habits without the player knowing it. I remember there was a commercial when Edgar Martinez was still playing he was taking batting practice the hitting coach and another coach was playing cards behind the backstop and was paying no attention to Edgar after he was done with batting practice he wold ask “coach how am I looking?” The coach without looking at a single swing would reply” looking great Edgar”

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
All players need coaching at least one whose sole job is to keep an eye on the player to see if they developed bad habits without the player knowing it. I remember there was a commercial when Edgar Martinez was still playing he was taking batting practice the hitting coach and another coach was playing cards behind the backstop and was paying no attention to Edgar after he was done with batting practice he wold ask “coach how am I looking?” The coach without looking at a single swing would reply” looking great Edgar”
Sounds like one of the spoof ads the Mariners were good at back then. They had a few. Don't kid yourself, coaches are always watching the players to spot tendencies and bad habits that creep in. Always, and all of them.