Seattle Mariners @ LA Angels Jun 24-26

Threedee

Reaction score
STOP PITCHING TO TROUT!!!!!!!!
Intentional Walk every AB that doesn’t have the bases loaded.
HAHA, the torment continues. On the plus side, when Trout retires, you'll never have to hear a broadcaster state that player X is setting new records against the Mariners. Because no one is ever going to touch Trout's offensive records against us.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Again, STOP PITCHING TO TROUT!!!!
Why is this so hard to understand?
We have the dumbest manager in all of baseball.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Meh. Julio misplayed that line drive. It should have been an out, not a triple.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Oh my, they intentionally walk Trout and they get out of then inning unscathed. Who knew? (Sarcasm off).

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
16 LOB but the bullpen comes through. Some of the pieces looking a bit like last year.

Threedee

Reaction score
It's weird that we finally have players to be excited about (France, J-Rod, Crawford, Gilbert), but, things only occasionally feel better than the past handful of years. Any chance that Cal Raleigh develops into the real deal? It would be nice to finally have a star catcher who can hit a baseball.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Cal Raleigh is coming around. He's still essentially a rookie though. Should be great to watch him develop.

Still no word on France's elbow. Hopefully it isn't long.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Cal Raleigh is coming around. He's still essentially a rookie though. Should be great to watch him develop.

Still no word on France's elbow. Hopefully it isn't long.
10 day IL I heard.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Ty France has a strained flexor, on the 10 day DL, I have a feeling it will be longer than that. I'll be happy if we can get him back before the all-star break.

Also, what's up with Lewis. He had the concussion almost a month ago. Sounds like Haniger will be back around the all star break.

Winker is mashing the ball now, hopefully this is the new normal for him. We need his bat more than ever with all the injuries.

Still don't know why they continue to pitch to Trout, I read that yesterday was the first time Servais intentionally walked Trout since 2016. That's very hard to believe.

Two more games against LAA, then we get a seven game home series against Baltimore and Oakland. We need to take advantage of the schedule.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Lewis and Haniger will rehab with Rainiers for a couple weeks which is understandable.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They need to bring up Kelenic and send Toro or Moore down. Worst case scenario JK hits slightly better than those 2 and is a better base runner and defender.

J-rod, Winker, Trammel, and Kelenic can rotate between OF and DH spots.

I’m not counting on Mitch or K-Lew to stay healthy for any length of time, and if they do, you deal with it when it happens.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You know when you have Padlo hitting 5th who is hitting .148 career and has a total of 4 ML hits, you have a weak lineup, and a manager that isn’t good at lineup construction.

Threedee

Reaction score
The Winker K is the 20,000th example from this MLB season of why we need to automate the strike zone, give or take a few thousand at-bats.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Winker K is the 20,000th example from this MLB season of why we need to automate the strike zone, give or take a few thousand at-bats.
Yep the strikezones have been erratic as hell this year.
Almost seems intentional.