LA Angels @ Seattle Mariners Apr 3 - 5

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Too many men left on base. He’s effectively wild and some of the M’s hitters have had awful approaches against him.
Yes, too many left on base. However, Otahni makes most of the league look dumb. He's a phenom.

It's only a 1 run game against one of the best pitchers in baseball. Not bad. They absolutely had plenty of chances. Incredibly lucky break on that bounce back to the 3rd baseman to easily throw France out at the plate.
Also, one mistake by Flex. He's pitching a hell of a game too. With Ohtani having that high pitch count, and it being early in the year, hopefully we get to their bullpen. A lot of managers won't let the starters stretch out too far the first few weeks.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Flex did his job. 5 innings, only 2 runs allowed.

Would be nice to bring some of those runners home, TBS.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Brash gets guys on 2nd and 3rd after that passed ball with 1 out. ZERO runs given up. Nicely done kid.
BOTH teams leaving a lot of guys on base today. Let's get this dub. A dub will keep the deb's away..........

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I love watching our players swing at pitches in the dirt, and then stare at pitches going right down the middle of the strike box. It's definitely not frustrating.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm trying :)
I know it's not over, but this offense gives me hives hahahahaha

4-2, it's a start. And............4-3. Back to a one run game. One thing we learning about this team last year, they don't give up, ever.

Last edited:

Crizilla

Reaction score
I mean what we are seeing so far (so far) is the bottom of the line up isn't looking better in fact it's looking worse. The bottom of the line up is going to have to come through in the bottom of the 9th to give Julio a chance.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We got this. One run down. The league changed the rules for more scoring, too. So no excuses if they **** this up.

Threedee

Reaction score
I mean what we are seeing so far (so far) is the bottom of the line up isn't looking better in fact it's looking worse. The bottom of the line up is going to have to come through in the bottom of the 9th to give Julio a chance.
JP was a reliable hitter until last year. Then he fell off a cliff, and hasn't recovered.

Ruminator

Reaction score
JP was a reliable hitter until last year. Then he fell off a cliff, and hasn't recovered.
Not sure what he's dealing with, but am starting to wonder if he'll ever recover. He does seem to notch outs an awful lot lately.

NoGain

Reaction score
I was very shaky when the M's didn't put more punch in the lineup this past off-season. JP, Kelenic, DH, Wong left their lineup too soft this year unless they added more or these players really turned it around. The M's were really rolling the dice on that. I hope they're right.

Threedee

Reaction score
Not sure what he's dealing with, but am starting to wonder if he'll ever recover. He does seem to notch outs an awful lot lately.
Could be a vision problem. If his eyesight has declined fractionally, it could be slight enough as to not impact his fielding, but still damage his hitting.