Sean Payton pissed off that Seattle ran up the score on MNF

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":k802apqa said:
Seattle scored 0 points in the fourth quarter and only 7 total in the second half. That's running up the score? Someone should be apologizing to his team for letting them get embarrassed in the first half.

Exactly.

The logo being painted on the field. I would like a pic of that. In the past other teams would blast sound during practice so the QB and line could prepare. The logo is something new I think.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sean Payton is a dirty coach, we should show the d when the took cheap shots of Hass.

whodat2316

Reaction score
As a Saints fan, I have a hard time believing Payton said this, for a few reasons:

1. I'm not a conspiracy theorist that thinks all media hates the Saints, but it wouldn't be the first time ESPN made up a story about us. See: Micky Loomis, wiretap.

2. Payton has be known himself to run up the score, like others pointed out: vs. Atlanta, vs. Colts, etc.

3. This is the NFL. This isn't Alabama vs. Northwest Wyoming Tech. I personally don't believe there is such thing in running up the score in the NFL. All of these guys are professionals, and if you don't like it, then stop them from scoring.

4. That being said, no lead is safe in the NFL, just ask KC.

5. It just doesn't sound like something Payton would say. I can't imagine after getting beat down in a big game, Payton would focus on the other team "scoring too much", rather than focusing on his own team.

Anyway, here's to a good game Saturday.