Sean Payton pissed off that Seattle ran up the score on MNF

the ditch

Reaction score
Same thing when people run the score up on us, you don't like it, stop it. These are all high paid professionals supposed to be the best at what they do, don't like it, do something about it this isn't pee wee football.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If you don't like it...Stop us. 8)

yeahhhhhhh.jpg

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Sounds like a politician... don't hurt their feelings. We still have the edge big time, in my opinion.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
How many times have the Saints run up the score on teams? Drew Brees has had plenty of 400+ yard, 4 TD games that were blowouts. They do it as much as any team.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Gotta find extra ways to motivate when you're a clearly inferior team, talent wise and you're a shell of yourself on the road. In the most intimidating Stadium in sports. One you already got waxed in once.

What else can he do?

BBlades89

Reaction score
The very next week the Saints were up 18 with 10 minutes left in the 4th & threw a TD to Graham to go up 25.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
BOOHOO.

Do better and you won't get your ass kicked.

Maybe someone should send this guy a box of tampons and/or diapers.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Human nature

Payton is doing what all of us do, accusing others the same thing we do ourselves.

Players will ignore the noise.

themunn

Reaction score
what do they expect us to do, run run run punt?

It's not like the Saints put up 14 points in the 4th quarter against Dallas in a game they won 49-17 or anything

el capitan

Reaction score
The clue is in the title, he's only pissed that it was on Monday Night Football. Running up the score is fine, you just can't do it on national television. I can see his point, it must have been pretty embarrassing.

Basis4day

Reaction score
The Saints have many times demonstrated their ability to put up lots of points in short periods of time. You do everything you can to keep them from closing the gap.

White Devil

Reaction score
Obviously trying to add some fire to his team...and understood.

The problem I have is with who said it. Shouldn't he be careful of what he says before a playoff game? I wonder if there will be any "Bounties" put on players like Russell, Tate or Sherman that we find out about in a couple of years.

Bring it "Saints".

FLhawkfan

Reaction score
KC didn't run up the score when they were up by 28 points. How'd that work out? In today's NFL, you almost HAVE to run up the score.

Penman96

Reaction score
If running up the score means scoring when T-Jack / offense backups are playing for almost the entire 4th quarter, then I guess we did. Sorry Sean. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see T-Jack playing again before the end of next Saturday.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This makes me lose any ounce of respect I had left for Sean Payton.

This is just pathetic. ESPECIALLY because he does the same thing when the Saints are up big.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Radish":2i7u0021 said:
This is after the huge comeback we saw this last weekend?

Seems like Bills came back from 35 down in the playoffs one time.

Loser talk.

:141847_bnono:

This. We've come back from 20 points in the playoffs, 21 points this year, and we've seen a 28 point comeback. I don't know what else they expect.

How about this Sean Payton: you take out all of your defensive starters, and we'll do the same and go vanilla on you. If you're playing starters, stop the damn ball or you're going to get tanked. If you're going to fight, we're going to fight. Anything else is being a b**ch. This isn't tennis.

terrytogo

Reaction score
tdigitee":2shls018 said:
Seriously? in the fall of 2010 at New Orleans, Seattle lost 34-19, Brees had 4 touchdown passes. At the VERY END of that game Payton took a TO and had Brees throw on fourth down to get another TD instead of kneeling, and I was PISSED. Then Earl picked him off in the endzone, and I thought that was some sweet payback but was still steamed. Then a couple months later there was some REAL payback - karma's a beeeyotch :D

I had forgotten about the Thomas interception at the end of that regular season game, good memory my man.

I honestly think the media is blowing this out of proportion, and I am also a firm believer that if you want a team to quit running up the score then you need to stop them. I don't think you guys ran up the score at all; if anything I would say that your defense played like it was a one point game the entire second half, and it became frustrating for us to not even pick up first downs.

It seemed as though Pete had the defense really motivated for that first contest as you guys played exceptionally well the entire game. No Sean Payton offense has ever been shell-shocked as they were that Monday night.

I look forward to a classic match up of two of the best teams in the entire NFL Saturday afternoon; this weekend will be a great one for football fans.

Oh yea and one last thing, WHO DAT!!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I find this hilarious since we ran more than we passed and werent the backups out there in the 4th quarter? Rediculous Statement

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think Payton was mad because we didn't put T-Jack. In However, he should be happy he didn't see T-Jack, Wilson had the courtesy to stop trying and just ice out the game. T-Jack would have revved it up and try to make plays auditioning for a possible starting job or top backup money.