Seahawks, Ya'll Owe Us A Christmas Gift

niveky

Reaction score
You know...all this talk I see in all these threads about people wishing for a loss..it makes me sick. I think that for someone to even think this is just the biggest crock of you know what and I really question their true dedication to this team. that is right, to this TEAM. Coaches come and go, players come and go, GM's come and go. Hell, even owners come and go. The game is still here, the teams are still here despite everyone else who comes and goes. I have seen it time and time again, teams that everyone thought were out getting it together and somehow scraping through and doing great things whether or not they make it to the super bowl or not.

The Steelers in 2005 are a prime example, although they finished really hot to get into the playoffs. The 2012 Giants were 9-7 and won the Super Bowl. Those are just a couple of examples. Do the lowest seeds normally win the Super Bowl, no, but a fair amount of them have gotten far in the playoffs and actually won the Super Bowl. this being despite the various deficiencies they may have had until they buckled up and just outlasted whoever they played in the final stretch and the playoffs. I, for one, will never give up on this team or ever wish for losses to shake up the team in the offseason. I want to see this team get as far as possible every year despite who is in control or playing at any given time.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
niveky":vb8hqtfu said:
You know...all this talk I see in all these threads about people wishing for a loss..it makes me sick. I think that for someone to even think this is just the biggest crock of you know what and I really question their true dedication to this team. that is right, to this TEAM. Coaches come and go, players come and go, GM's come and go. Hell, even owners come and go. The game is still here, the teams are still here despite everyone else who comes and goes. I have seen it time and time again, teams that everyone thought were out getting it together and somehow scraping through and doing great things whether or not they make it to the super bowl or not.

The Steelers in 2005 are a prime example, although they finished really hot to get into the playoffs. The 2012 Giants were 9-7 and won the Super Bowl. Those are just a couple of examples. Do the lowest seeds normally win the Super Bowl, no, but a fair amount of them have gotten far in the playoffs and actually won the Super Bowl. this being despite the various deficiencies they may have had until they buckled up and just outlasted whoever they played in the final stretch and the playoffs. I, for one, will never give up on this team or ever wish for losses to shake up the team in the offseason. I want to see this team get as far as possible every year despite who is in control or playing at any given time.
The 05 steelers had a run game and a defense.

The 2012 Giants had a great pass rushing unit and solid offense.

Hawks have neither of these.

niveky

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":d5ju8ux3 said:
niveky":d5ju8ux3 said:

The 05 steelers had a run game and a defense.

The 2012 Giants had a great pass rushing unit and solid offense.

Hawks have neither of these.

those were just two examples, and was not the point at all. They found a way and had something that got them through, despite all of the deficiencies they did have. Despite the atrocious o-line, Wilson has had a historic season. That is a unique qualifier in it's own right. Wagner seems to be healthier this week. Wright is back.. The secondary has been pretty decent for the most part with Lane and Maxwell, and they just got Shead back recently. It may or may not happen, but we could see the defense gel a little more again, see Wilson do some more of his magic and we have other clutch players that could show up if given the opportunity. Graham has had a drop spell, but he has been money for a lot of the season and Baldwin has been his excellent self. It may be ugly either way..whether they get eliminated or get into the playoffs, but we could also end up having the kind of stuff we can talk about for years to come. It could be a "Holy hell, I didn't see that coming. I never would have thought they would have pulled that off" kind of emd to the season. Am I holding my breath for that to happen? No, but at the same time, anything is possible every year at the end of the season.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":20l54sz5 said:
oldhawkfan":20l54sz5 said:
"You play to win the game!" Losing has never guaranteed anything.

It does guarantee an earlier Draft pick!

Which is no guarantee that you get the better player.

Case in point:
2012 draft...suck for Luck
RGIII goes #2
Brandon Weeden 1st round
Russell Wilson...3rd round

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":yazho5py said:
oldhawkfan":yazho5py said:
"You play to win the game!" Losing has never guaranteed anything.

It does guarantee an earlier Draft pick!

Yeah, ask the Browns how that's been working out for them :lol:

mistaowen

Reaction score
Falcons have to beat the Saints and Panthers, both trying for a playoff spot as well to make it. Going to New Orleans this week is no cake walk especially with Kamara back. Let's not act like they are playing the Browns. Rams losing out is less likely but I could see both teams giving them games, especially with how well Jimmy G has been playing so far.

stang233

Reaction score
The difference is in the 90s our coaches were not wasting great talent. Today they are.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
They owe us blow outs for the next 2 weeks. Like they lose by 40 each game so then maybe xmas will come in the form of a bevell and cable and all the coordinators being fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RussB":3u58zakz said:
SoulfishHawk":3u58zakz said:
You want your team to lose. :229031_confused2:
I dont "want" them to lose. Im just saying even if they win it doesnt matter this season anymore. Playoff hopes are done falcons are likely getting in and they have the tie breaker. So a loss is actually better for the team as dumb as that sounds lol

Sure id like to see them stomp the cowboys but that just increases the chances of bevell and cable staying, at this point i want them gone like most fans. And another bad loss makes that even more likely.

Not wanting them to lose...valid point. So lets change the scenario a tiny bit. How about putting in some young upstart backups to allow them to gain experience thru out the game with some of the older upstarts that have several games experience. Not gonna say we lose, but we gain valuable experience with the kids in what they have as potential to strengthen the team or to CUT BAIT.

nwHawk

Reaction score
stang233":n0obxuea said:
I would rather they gift us a L and then fire Bevell and Cable.

Wouldn't a 6-3 victory do the same thing? I'd rather win, barely. And highlight the offense sucks and then fire those 2 knuckheads.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hoping for a loss is repulsive and shows a lack of character in my book. I’m with niveky in believing that a win could lead to a wild card berth and with our players getting back to health, the sky’s the limit. As for our coaches, Pete will make the only move he can make and bring them back as continuity breeds success. It’s macro, not micro. Go Hawks.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Christmas gift received. Thank you Seahawks! :2thumbs:

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Best Christmas ever! A win on Christmas Eve and 2" of unexpected snow! I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl! Love my Hawks.

And more penalty yards than offense--another one for the ages! And against Merica's team? Sweeeet!