Seahawks trade for CB - Mohammed Seisay

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2nw16j03 said:
Hawkfan77":2nw16j03 said:
Sports Hernia":2nw16j03 said:
Or maybe they realized that Simon just isn't that good????
I've never been impressed with Simon, his play has never come close to his hype, IMHO.

....... Or this might have nothing to do with any current players on the roster, maybe they had an opportunity to get a guy they've had their eye on for awhile.
You think on the second day of training camp, a day where he's not even practicing they came to that conclusion about Simon? Doubtful.

I agree with your second point, this is a guy that screams LOB in terms of his size and sparqienss. I think this was about an opportunity to get someone they think can be a fit and also because they will have yet again a surplus of 2016 draft picks.
No, I'm not basing this off of the second day of camp but the "big picture".
It's just possible speculation on my part, nothing more, nothing less.

The second point I made is the more likely case though.
I could absolutely see that being the case. They give every one of their players goals for offseason work, and in Simon's case, that would have included rehab. It is very conceivable that after a couple of days they could see if a player took that offseason stuff seriously. And make a related personnel move.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we have guys that are not a 100 percent yet, Lane could be a full season scratch. Blackman may appear slow, a number of things, Simon may have had a setback. Sherman could have re injured his elbow and need the surgery after all. We don't know, but if they made the move it was for a good reason this early.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks were playing Wade at CB so this may be just camp fodder. If he shows better than Burley or Simon then gravy.

Fade

Reaction score
Parsing Pete it really sounds like this guy is just camp fodder. Hope they didn't give up more than a 7th.

with practice squad hopes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
chris98251":1frobo0i said:
Sherman could have re injured his elbow and need the surgery after all. We don't know, but if they made the move it was for a good reason this early.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SmooveSeisay/status/627931034399735808[/tweet]

"We're always looking to keep the competition going," Carroll said ."We're light on numbers in the DB area, we have some young guys that are doing some cool things at the safety spots that we want to see and we don't want to have to mix those guys at corner, so there's some reasons it makes sense. This is a guy that we see something special and John [Schneider] found him. He's long and he's fast and he's very athletic. He's young at the spot, so he'll be a guy that we'll try to build and see where he fits in. He'll just enter into the competition."

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/08/02 ... k-mohammed

Exittium

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3d2vj6n4 said:
chris98251":3d2vj6n4 said:
Sherman could have re injured his elbow and need the surgery after all. We don't know, but if they made the move it was for a good reason this early.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

:th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think they just need more bodies for camp and pre-season with both Earl and Kam unavailable.

Shead and Terrell might normally pull double duty at S and CB, but they'll have to play full-time at safety now. I wouldn't read too much into it; however, I assume Seisay will get as fair a shot at a CB spot as anyone else at the bottom of the depth chart.

danp1990

Reaction score
Looks as if tho the Seahawks Personal have been keeping an eye on him for a while, in this video we have our area scout at his pro-day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1twbcaWHTZw Can someone please embed this video? please :D

Its kind of funny because this pickup has a ton of ties to Seattle , Lions Def. Coordinator ''Teryl Austin'' used to be our DB coach in mid 2000's while our now defensive coordinator ''Kris Richard'' was a DB/CB with us then.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sounds like we gave up a 6th round pick.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/627958499826368513[/tweet]

netskier

Reaction score
Pete said he was a strong developmental prospect, or words to that effect.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Seisay was a highly touted prospect before coming to Nebraska, with excellent size and test stats. None of that translated on the field, losing PT to underclassmen and two extraordinarily average to below average CBs. I remember many following the program being very surprised by his pro day, because he always seemed to be an athletic liability out there, getting out maneuvered or run by. There were also rumors that he wasn't the brightest bulb when it came to understanding the defensive scheme, which seemed to manifest itself with him regularly being out of position. I would be very surprised if he amounted to anything in Seattle, but he's already been much more successful in the NFL than my original prognostication, so who knows.

Exittium

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":10lvwjew said:
Seisay was a highly touted prospect before coming to Nebraska, with excellent size and test stats. None of that translated on the field, losing PT to underclassmen and two extraordinarily average to below average CBs. I remember many following the program being very surprised by his pro day, because he always seemed to be an athletic liability out there, getting out maneuvered or run by. There were also rumors that he wasn't the brightest bulb when it came to understanding the defensive scheme, which seemed to manifest itself with him regularly being out of position. I would be very surprised if he amounted to anything in Seattle, but he's already been much more successful in the NFL than my original prognostication, so who knows.

Maybe with the "simplicity" in seattle's defensive scheme he can make something work. The kid looks pretty athletic and has some decent times. Maybe they're looking at him like the new Browner? Big and Physical, and he's around Kam, Earl and Sherm enough he can pick up the attitude with it. I mean who else would be better and teaching a "prospect" or developmental CB than the Best CB Sherm?

sutz

Reaction score
Given that our injured secondary was a big part of losing XL, I like the move. More bodies back there is a good thing.

Hawks46

Reaction score
There's a few things we can read into here.

First, the Seahawks had an opportunity to get a player they've been aware of since last year. They made a move, but typically they have a reason at this time of year. The move to get Burley last year was similar, but they grabbed Burley to fill a need for depth at the Nickle spot. Simon doesn't translate well there.

I'd also speculate that Jeremy Lane goes on IR. All we've heard in the offseason is that he's dealing with set backs and trying to get caught up. I'm willing to bet the coaching and medical staff know where he's at right now and they are probably guessing Lane won't make it back.

Simon has flashed potential, but the only thing he's really been able to show is an inability to stay on the field. You can't count on this kid to stay healthy. I don't know if he's snake bit, or just doesn't put the work in physically (very likely as that was a big knock against him at LSU). There was a reason he was available in the 5th round, and it was lack of work ethic and willingness to get prepared. It still seems like that's a problem; every time I've seen him on the field, he looks suprised he's there and unprepared for who he is facing. Just because the Seahawks drafted him doesn't mean that he'll get over his flaws.

They're not liking the depth. It's possible that they were able to get a player they like, albeit a bit raw, to compete for CB depth. Maybe they don't like the kid they drafted, maybe Burley isn't progressing...I can't speculate on individuals, but I can speculate that maybe the coaching staff isn't seeing what they expect out of someone, and they saw a chance to either challenge him, or add a body that has a chance at making an impact.

Our swing guys, like Shead, need to focus on Safety. Pete's already said this, but Kam and Earl being out is pretty serious and we need our backup safeties to focus on that position and not CB. This isn't very speculative, as Pete's already said it.

Williams. Stay with me here. I think he'll work out fine. He was a pretty good CB for the Ravens, I think he was misused in Philly (and had a worse supporting cast). But it's possible the coaching staff is looking for a replacment for next year, when we can save some money by cutting him. It's amazing that we were able to sign Wilson and Wagner, but they can always look to cut salary. Maybe this kid, along with Tye Smith and Simon are in contention for that starting spot next year (well, I know they are, but adding another guy who could work is the FO's M.O.). Schneider is always thinking 2 steps ahead.

Fade

Reaction score
With Lane why IR him now? When you can PUP him for 6 weeks, practice him 4 more, see where he is at then IR him if necessary.