Seahawks sign TE Pharaoh Brown

Scout

Reaction score
Patriots fans seem to have good things to say.
They were hoping to re-sign him but with the Hooper signing it opened the door for him to come to the Hawks.

Overall that is a nice pickup for the run game and to run 12 personnel as a combo with Fant.

RiverDog

Reaction score
PFF sure likes him. He's the 12th ranked tight end, a position with a lot of competition with players like Kelce, Kittle, Andrews, et al. He's ranked 10th in receiving, 9th in run blocking, 47th in pass blocking. It's difficult to see how there could be that big of a difference between run and pass blocking, but he was the #2 TE behind Hunter Henry, so he may not have had a lot of snaps.

I don't know much about him, but just based on his PFF ratings, it looks like a good signing.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I know nothing about him, but if can block as advertised i'm more than happy with the signing.

Jville

Reaction score
I've liked him for a while. Big body, blocks his ass off in the run game. That's the perfect TE2 for me.

The running game is getting renewed league attention. Schneider spoke of how running backs and linebackers were signed much earlier in the free agency process than last year. Schneider specifically highlighted Brown's physical down blocking in the C gap. (Parkinson 6'-8" was a bit too tall to be consistent) Brown also had success last year when used in a fullback role. The two retained tight end understudies are listed at a compact 6'-3". The new offense has 12 and 13 personnel available.

Looking forward to an improved running game in 2024.

Good review on the running game dealing with loaded boxes >>> https://www.seahawks.net/threads/the-nfl-is-using-fullbacks-disguising-again.195971/

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
The running game is getting renewed league attention. Schneider spoke of how running backs and linebackers were signed much earlier in the free agency process than last year. Schneider specifically highlighted Brown's physical down blocking in the C gap. (Parkinson 6'-8" was a bit too tall to be consistent) Brown also had success last year when used in a fullback role. The two retained tight end understudies are listed at a compact 6'-3". The new offense has 12 and 13 personnel available.

Yeah, not buying the Air Grubb talk this offseason. His situation at the UW kind of led to his emphasizing the passing game. Give him the tools and I think he'll give us a solid running game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Grubb having a great knowledge of how to use a passing game is a blessing, he started out as a O line guy, O line guys pride themselves on Run Blocking and how well their RB does.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I like it. Sounds like an intelligent signing.

keasley45

Reaction score

Good review on the running game dealing with loaded boxes >>> https://www.seahawks.net/threads/the-nfl-is-using-fullbacks-disguising-again.195971/
Yup. It's all cyclical. Getting in on the strong running game and 'bully' offense rather Tham the Shanny styled game is smart.