Seahawks release Al Woods

chris98251

Reaction score
Grab one of these guys, Jabba could eat space and RB's.

Jabba the Hutt

We need someone that represents this or our LB's will be woeful again. Have to keep the O lineman tied up so they can roam freely.

bileever

Reaction score
Trade for Grady Jarrett. Throw Adams into the deal and be willing to eat some of his salary to get it done.

Joking aside, if Carter could approximate Jarrett, he is well worth the pick at #5. Carter picked up nine pounds for pro day. OK, he is apparently pining for nose tackle anyway. Jarrett is one of the most consistently impactful nose tackles I have ever seen. He was the biggest reason that Seattle lost to Atlanta last year. He dominated the Seattle interior line in the fourth quarter. I want a guy like that.
Grady Jarrett is an above average player. And undersized. The only interior defender shorter than Jarrett is Poona Ford. What his play showed was how mediocre our interior offensive line was, with Austin Blythe and Gabe Jackson.

But what I remember about that game is how bad our D-line was. We lost at home to a poor Atlanta team, with the Falcons gaining a ton of yards on the ground.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
2022 draft:

DT Jordan Davis-Round 1 pick 13
DT Devonte Wyatt-Round 1 pick 28

Yea....I can see why they rotate defensive tackles. Are you suggesting that the national champs have so many scrubs along their front, that they couldn't possibly afford to rotate Carter to keep him fresh? Three-hundred-pound defensive lineman get gassed when they chase modern day mobile quarterbacks. But really, it has always been this way. It is why EVERY NFL team rotates their 300 pounders.
2022 snap counts, aka when Davis and Wyatt are in the NFL. If he is that good, why is he being benched for underclassmen snaps.

I've watched multiple videos of him and frankly, they are extremely underwhelming. A couple splash plays here and there but nothing that screams top 5 pick, IMO.

Own The West

Reaction score
Going into the offseason I thought Siaki Ika would be a top draft choice after Jalen Carter...But it looks like Miza Smith and Keeanu Benton have really shown their value.
Benton highlights

Maybe Carter has shown that he is not a top 10 draft choice.

2:12 and 3:12 -- are you kidding me?
Lots of examples of him 2-gapping as well.

I'm sold.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Why was team Captain Al Woods Released??? Is there some "stress" regarding the defensive team direction with coach Hurtt?
I have the same feelings about Jamal Adams...
Are these guys being blamed for last years defensive shortcomings?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Why was team Captain Al Woods Released??? Is there some "stress" regarding the defensive team direction with coach Hurtt?
I have the same feelings about Jamal Adams...
Are these guys being blamed for last years defensive shortcomings?
JS has said this was a pure situational cap and cash need need move and that he could be back.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Carter needs to keep eating to replace Big AL.

Which I guess is realistic considering what he weighed at his pro day.
Carter is more than capable of playing 0-tech which he did plenty of at Georgia but it would be a bit of a waste of talent bc he'll get better pass-rushing opportunities at 3/4i/5 and that's why you spend a pick on Carter, because he can be a top interior pass rusher while also being a top run defender on early downs.

renofox

Reaction score
Carter is more than capable of playing 0-tech which he did plenty of at Georgia but it would be a bit of a waste of talent bc he'll get better pass-rushing opportunities at 3/4i/5 and that's why you spend a pick on Carter, because he can be a top interior pass rusher while also being a top run defender on early downs.
True. Carter would be a great fit at 3-4 DE, assuming he overcomes his issues and puts in the work.