Seahawks new DC Just Announced - Clint Hurtt

nanomoz

Reaction score
Own The West":nwd3spy0 said:
Luckily it’s only February, so all you haters have time to buy a t-shirt from a team you deem ‘properly’ run and go join their message boards. I’m sure all those fans will appreciate your speculative vitriol next year when they don’t win the super bowl either. You’ll be missed. No, really!

For those that remain and just want to follow and root for our team: GO HAWKS!

What I find curious is that it's perspectives like this that contribute nothing to these conversations. You just call people names like "hater" and throw around words like "vitriol" that you seem to not actually know the meaning of.

In my experience, people with well-reasoned criticism aren't fair weather fans that jump ship. Otherwise we wouldn't put so much effort into articulating our frustrations.

I'm going to try not to imbue this statement with judgment: But if you want to maintain a positive outlook and not levy criticism toward the folks in charge, cool. Enjoy it. I'm happy for you. I'm not judging you. I have no problem with that. Or, generally, with that perspective of fanhood.

But the minute you start judging people with a different outlook than you--and labeling them things like "haters" and mislabeling criticism as "vitriol." Nah. Get that $h!tk out of here.

It's comments like yours that lower the enjoyment and value of forums like this.

Own The West

Reaction score
nanomoz":1ali96ad said:
Own The West":1ali96ad said:
Luckily it’s only February, so all you haters have time to buy a t-shirt from a team you deem ‘properly’ run and go join their message boards. I’m sure all those fans will appreciate your speculative vitriol next year when they don’t win the super bowl either. You’ll be missed. No, really!

What I find curious is that it's perspectives like this that contribute nothing to these conversations. You just call people names like "hater" and throw around words like "vitriol" that you seem to not actually know the meaning of.

In my experience, people with well-reasoned criticism aren't fair weather fans that jump ship. Otherwise we wouldn't put so much effort into articulating our frustrations.

I'm going to try not to imbue this statement with judgment: But if you want to maintain a positive outlook and not levy criticism toward the folks in charge, cool. Enjoy it. I'm happy for you. I'm not judging you. I have no problem with that. Or, generally, with that perspective of fanhood.

But the minute you start judging people with a different outlook than you--and labeling them things like "haters" and mislabeling criticism as "vitriol." Nah. Get that $h!tk out of here.

It's comments like yours that lower the enjoyment and value of forums like this.

It's not a matter of different outlook, it's that there is a handful of people on this board that respond to every move this team makes with mean-spirited criticism. There's no reason for it. We've been one of the top franchises in the league for a decade.

As far as enjoyment, participation on this site is way down from where it was even 5 years ago, let alone 10. The trolls have chased off so many of the quality posters and people who genuinely wanted to discuss football and the seahawks that it hardly qualifies as a discussion board any more. If calling out those folks that spew negativity non-stop in every post they make (i.e. haters) with a little sarcasm seems over the line to you, I have to ask how does that compare to direct personal attacks on posters, players, and personnel that are the norm of these handful of people?

fyi - vitriol literally means mean-spirited criticism.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Own The West":mdek6jj6 said:
nanomoz":mdek6jj6 said:
Own The West":mdek6jj6 said:

It's not a matter of different outlook, it's that there is a handful of people on this board that respond to every move this team makes with mean-spirited criticism. There's no reason for it. We've been one of the top franchises in the league for a decade.

As far as enjoyment, participation on this site is way down from where it was even 5 years ago, let alone 10. The trolls have chased off so many of the quality posters and people who genuinely wanted to discuss football and the seahawks that it hardly qualifies as a discussion board any more. If calling out those folks that spew negativity non-stop in every post they make (i.e. haters) with a little sarcasm seems over the line to you, I have to ask how does that compare to direct personal attacks on posters, players, and personnel that are the norm of these handful of people?

fyi - vitriol literally means mean-spirited criticism.

Your Definition on a handful please

nanomoz

Reaction score
The use of "vitriol" seemed directed at my post above, which was totally unfair.

I'm not defending people that are mean spirited.

I'm pissed off that reasonable criticism is grouped in with the sort of posts that I think you're actually talking about.

Direct your frustration appropriately, people.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I've been a member of this and the previous .Net site for over 15 years and have always done what I can to support it, but it's becoming virtually unreadable. Sad. GO HAWKS. That is all.

nwHawk

Reaction score
flv":3pm3oqr6 said:
Hard to believe that the man with the answers to Norton Jr.'s problems was standing just a few feet away from Norton Jr. all this time.

WINNER

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
flv":i20enwi7 said:
Hard to believe that the man with the answers to Norton Jr.'s problems was standing just a few feet away from Norton Jr. all this time.

Hard to believe the majority of the consensus-greatest offensive coaches in the league were all on the same 3-13 staff in Washington in 2013.

Latest posts