Seahawks mock draft before week 2

Chevy

Reaction score
Here is my Seahawks mock for this week. In this mock I have the top-3 ranked QBs being drafted before the Seahawks pick at #5.

1st round #5 - Georgia (DT/DE) Jalen Carter 6'3" 310 lbs.: Seahawks get the top rated interior defensive lineman in the draft. Carter would be a DE on our 3-4 defense.

1st round #24 - Army (OLB/DE) Andre Carter II 6'7" 260 lbs.: Carter is a freak athlete at his size. He looks to have good agility and change of direction when he is asked to drop in coverage. As a pass rusher he may have the highest upside in the draft. You can never have too many pass rushers on defense.

2nd round #36 - BYU (QB) Jaren Hall 6'1" 205 lbs.: Finally, a QB! Hall's maturity and confidence reminds me of Russell Wilson. Hall has good mobility, goes through his progressions, he puts good touch on his passes, and has good command of the offense. He has had adversity as a football player, injuries, and has battled through it. I highly recommend watching the 2nd video of him, so you can get a feel for who he is and his personality. I'm confident he could become a good starting QB if given the opportunity.

2nd round #56 - Boise State (SS) JL Skinner 6'4" 218 lbs.: Skinner is a hedge against Jamal Adams. Skinner is a big SS and he hits like a sledgehammer.

3rd round #68 - Iowa State (WR) Xaiver Hutchinson 6'3" 210 lbs.: Our depth at WR is not good. Hutchinson is maybe flying a bit under the radar.

4th round #104 - Tulane (OC) Sincere Haynesworth 6'1" 304 lbs.: Haynesworth has the perfect build for a OC. He will always win the leverage game vs DTs. He would give us legit depth at OC behind Blythe.

5th round #136 - NC State (ILB) Payton Wilson 6'4" 230 lbs.: Wilson has good size and length and should give Cody Barton serious competition for a starting job playing next to Brooks.

5th round #141 - Kentucky (RB) Chris Rodriguez 5'11" 225 lbs.: Rodriguez has good size for a RB. He hasn't played yet this year because of an off the field issue, so he may fall a bit in the draft. Rodriguez runs with good power and would be a good change of pace playing behind Walker.

6th round #168 - Michigan (CB) DJ Turner 6'3" 190 lbs.: Turner has good size and would add depth to our DB room.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
After the loss to the 49ers, I firmly stand behind the players I selected in the first two rounds.

CPHawk

Reaction score
After the loss to the 49ers, I firmly stand behind the players I selected in the first two rounds.
So you saw something that made you confident that Denver will be good enough for us to only get the 24 pick? I’m thinking we have a great shot at two top 10 picks, or at worst as things stand now. Two top 15 picks. Denver would have to improve a ton, and the rest of the AFC west would have to fall apart for them to be anywhere near 24.

BASF

Reaction score
I can not get on board with any mock that completely ignores a replacement for Al Woods who is thirty-five this season.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I can not get on board with any mock that completely ignores a replacement for Al Woods who is thirty-five this season.
I think our team has more pressing needs than a NT. NT is not on my top-7 Seahawks team needs. Mone is a solid NT, but not the monster like Woods.

There are a couple of NT I like, but IMO getting more talent at DE is more of a need than NT.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Here is my Seahawks mock for this week. In this mock I have the top-3 ranked QBs being drafted before the Seahawks pick at #5.

1st round #5 - Georgia (DT/DE) Jalen Carter 6'3" 310 lbs.: Seahawks get the top rated interior defensive lineman in the draft. Carter would be a DE on our 3-4 defense.

1st round #24 - Army (OLB/DE) Andre Carter II 6'7" 260 lbs.: Carter is a freak athlete at his size. He looks to have good agility and change of direction when he is asked to drop in coverage. As a pass rusher he may have the highest upside in the draft. You can never have too many pass rushers on defense.

2nd round #36 - BYU (QB) Jaren Hall 6'1" 205 lbs.: Finally, a QB! Hall's maturity and confidence reminds me of Russell Wilson. Hall has good mobility, goes through his progressions, he puts good touch on his passes, and has good command of the offense. He has had adversity as a football player, injuries, and has battled through it. I highly recommend watching the 2nd video of him, so you can get a feel for who he is and his personality. I'm confident he could become a good starting QB if given the opportunity.

2nd round #56 - Boise State (SS) JL Skinner 6'4" 218 lbs.: Skinner is a hedge against Jamal Adams. Skinner is a big SS and he hits like a sledgehammer.

3rd round #68 - Iowa State (WR) Xaiver Hutchinson 6'3" 210 lbs.: Our depth at WR is not good. Hutchinson is maybe flying a bit under the radar.

4th round #104 - Tulane (OC) Sincere Haynesworth 6'1" 304 lbs.: Haynesworth has the perfect build for a OC. He will always win the leverage game vs DTs. He would give us legit depth at OC behind Blythe.

5th round #136 - NC State (ILB) Payton Wilson 6'4" 230 lbs.: Wilson has good size and length and should give Cody Barton serious competition for a starting job playing next to Brooks.

5th round #141 - Kentucky (RB) Chris Rodriguez 5'11" 225 lbs.: Rodriguez has good size for a RB. He hasn't played yet this year because of an off the field issue, so he may fall a bit in the draft. Rodriguez runs with good power and would be a good change of pace playing behind Walker.

6th round #168 - Michigan (CB) DJ Turner 6'3" 190 lbs.: Turner has good size and would add depth to our DB room.

Turner just tied Woolen’s 40 combine time. He’s not 6’3”, he’s 6 foot. Still, with that speed, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not on Seattle’s radar.

GoBlue!