Hawks have not drafted a 1st or 2nd Round QB...

James in PA

Reaction score
I want a blue chip QBOFTF as much as the next 12, but Rick Mirer is an argument for never drafting a first round QB again. Man he sucked. I still have a signed rookie card of his. Probably isn't worth a candy bar.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I want a blue chip QBOFTF as much as the next 12, but Rick Mirer is an argument for never drafting a first round QB again. Man he sucked. I still have a signed rookie card of his. Probably isn't worth a candy bar.
I can understand that. But if you say you want to grab a top QB some say no and point out the high failure rate of 1st round QBs. If you say then how about a later round a slightly different group says no and points out the even higher failure rates. Some people are so risk adverse but for me I want the 5th year and the cap savings.

I don't want a $25 million a year end of their career no future no playoff chance QB. And I am not talking Geno I am talking about a lot of the available free agents.

Spohawks

Reaction score
You really want to be in the top 5 picks to feel like you are snagging a 12 year elite QB, the Seahawks just never pick there.

GemCity

Reaction score
You guys all talk as if our current starter isn't the all time single season passing leader in team history.

I know, "Geno sucks" and to a large crowd this is true despite all evidence.
Agree. I think with a better line, Geno can/will throw himself into the Top 7,

Additionally, there’s only two QBs from this recent draft I’d take a shot on over Howell (they went #1 and #2).

That is a long ass time to not draft a QB in the first but, it would’ve been asinine to trade up and do it this year.

James in PA

Reaction score
You really want to be in the top 5 picks to feel like you are snagging a 12 year elite QB, the Seahawks just never pick there.
So true. We're not going to be one of these garbage teams that wins 4 games and gets rewarded for it. I just don't see how we'll ever get a blue chipper at that position. Stealers are kind of in the same boat. Think how bad Denver sucked when we had their #5 pick, and it still wasn't enough to get an unknown with a high upside like Anthony Richardson. Pretty damn frustrating.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
There is an assumption that JS/MM are planning on moving past Geno and Sam beyond 2025 I think it’s 50/50 they don’t

CPHawk

Reaction score
What QB could we have drafted in the first round and passed on became an all pro?

09- passed on Sanchez for an equally bad pick
10-Okung and Thomas over the next qb drafted Tebow
11- Carpenter over the next qb of Dalton who went in the 2nd round
12-Irvin over Weedon and Osweilder
13-no pick Took Michael last pick if 2nd
14-No 1st took Richardson over Jimmy G. Neither are worth the pick
15-No 1 took Clark 2nd
16-Ifedi next qb was Hackenberg
17-Another draft anothe no 1st rounder and another bad pick who never played. Next qb picked some guy I’ve never heard of Kizer
18-First draft we had a shot at stud QB, but Me3 would have thrown a fit. Penny before Lamar
19-Another bad pick Collier next qb Lock
20-Brooks next qb Hurts. Would rather have had Hurts. But is he better than what we have now?
21-No 1 surprise surprise. Estridge over Trask
22- Cross over Pickett
23-Spoon an JSN over Levis. Levis could be good but he gets hurt a lot

So we haven’t had a shot at many good QBs, not sure what people want. We have wasted a lot of picks, so would drafting a bad qb have made people happy?

Last edited:

xray

Reaction score
Whatever the Hawks have to do , to secure a young franchise QB for the future ....which includes kidnapping... needs to get done , JS ... We ain't gonna wait forever Johnny .

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Rick's mom is offering to trade a used pez dispenser and a peck on the cheek. Want her number ?

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Mirer was actually pretty good in his rookie year...then and gotten hit a chased so much...he was REALY gun shy, never the same after that. That is a perfect example why you need the structure in place to bring in a rookie QB

xray

Reaction score
Mirer was actually pretty good in his rookie year...then and gotten hit a chased so much...he was REALY gun shy, never the same after that. That is a perfect example why you need the structure in place to bring in a rookie QB
Mirer was a twat .

WarHawks

Reaction score
Well, everybody got what they wanted and we've beefed up the lines. Other skill positions should be good with another good draft and free agency. So, unless Howell or Geno shocks everyone, then there's no excuse in the next year or so not to go after a blue chip qb if they find one they want. If they don't, and we keep going after cast offs and late round picks, then the Hawks' aversion to risk after Mirer could be our fatal flaw long-term.

CPHawk

Reaction score
So what are people wanting to do here then? Trade our 1 and 2 and 26 1 for the top pick? So we can hope Beck or Sanders aren’t the next Darnold?

WarHawks

Reaction score
So what are people wanting to do here then? Trade our 1 and 2 and 26 1 for the top pick? So we can hope Beck or Sanders aren’t the next Darnold?
Yes, if they are sold on one of them, or someone similar.