Seahawks have longest streak of winning seasons?

renofox

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":im5jl5od said:
When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins on Carroll instead for some reason. Being content with just making the playoffs and flaming out in the early rounds year after year is ok I guess, but why be so angry for the people that want more and are willing to try something different in order to get it? Cant you just think of other fans for once?

Is that why GB with Rodgers have had a 7-9 and a 6-9-1 season in the past four years? Or why they haven't reached a Super Bowl since 2010? Or only had winning seasons in 5 of the past 8 years, compared to Seahawks 9/9?

Are you one of the many on here who believe that Rodgers is better than Wilson? What makes Wilson win so much more than Rodgers if not for PC?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
renofox":2upxweoq said:
pittpnthrs":2upxweoq said:
When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins on Carroll instead for some reason. Being content with just making the playoffs and flaming out in the early rounds year after year is ok I guess, but why be so angry for the people that want more and are willing to try something different in order to get it? Cant you just think of other fans for once?

Is that why GB with Rodgers have had a 7-9 and a 6-9-1 season in the past four years? Or why they haven't reached a Super Bowl since 2010? Or only had winning seasons in 5 of the past 8 years, compared to Seahawks 9/9?

Are you one of the many on here who believe that Rodgers is better than Wilson? What makes Wilson win so much more than Rodgers if not for PC?

Rodgers is a prima donna who pretty much threw hissy fits and tantrums because he hated his head coach. A change of scenery with a different head coach and all of a sudden Rodgers is playing lights out again and the Packers are the best team in the NFC. Think thats all on coaching or Rodgers getting into his right mindset once again?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":262w35kp said:
Hockey Guy":262w35kp said:
Jerhawk":262w35kp said:
One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be long gone rooting for another team.

Now, now, you can't question peoples fandom here.

Advocating for the firing of PC & JS & not caring if the moves work out because they are just ready for the change & want to see if they are right is not insane but is very reasonable on so many levels. I learned this just recently.

You're the 1 being selfish for wanting to keep them & finishing 11-5 or 12-4 & making the playoffs & being a contender almost every year instead of taking a chance & finishing 4-12 & missing the playoffs for the next decade. Can't you just think of other fans for once.

Winning is ridiculously easy in the NFL & the only reason we're not 16-0 every year & winning SB's is incompetence of the coaching staff & FO.

When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins solely on Carroll instead for some reason. Being content with just making the playoffs and flaming out in the early rounds year after year is ok I guess, but why be so angry for the people that want more and are willing to try something different in order to get it? Cant you just think of other fans for once?

Because it doesnt matter what any of us say. The fans don't have a say on team personnel.
Moving on from Carroll doesn't guarantee that this team will magically win another Superbowl. The opposite may happen. It's a scary unknown.

With Carroll, at least he's proven he can get this team go the Superbowl and gets the team to the playoffs consistently.

And the Wilson is a 9 win QB argument is again just opinion. This is a team sport. Wilson needs a team and around him to win. He's a great player, but hes not the team.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":8olg6k2p said:
Hockey Guy":8olg6k2p said:
Jerhawk":8olg6k2p said:
One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be long gone rooting for another team.

Advocating for the firing of PC & JS & not caring if the moves work out because they are just ready for the change & want to see if they are right is not insane but is very reasonable on so many levels. I learned this just recently.

You're the 1 being selfish for wanting to keep them & finishing 11-5 or 12-4 & making the playoffs & being a contender almost every year instead of taking a chance & finishing 4-12 & missing the playoffs for the next decade. Can't you just think of other fans for once.

Winning is ridiculously easy in the NFL & the only reason we're not 16-0 every year & winning SB's is incompetence of the coaching staff & FO.

When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins solely on Carroll instead for some reason. Being content with just making the playoffs and flaming out in the early rounds year after year is ok I guess, but why be so angry for the people that want more and are willing to try something different in order to get it? Cant you just think of other fans for once?

Please, tell us more about these guaranteed wins in the NFL. It's all becoming clearer, RW is responsible for the 11 or 12 wins a year while PC is responsible for the 4 or 5 losses.

Fascinating stuff. Riveting actually.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":58mrewg0 said:
renofox":58mrewg0 said:
pittpnthrs":58mrewg0 said:

Rodgers is a prima donna who pretty much threw hissy fits and tantrums because he hated his head coach. A change of scenery with a different head coach and all of a sudden Rodgers is playing lights out again and the Packers are the best team in the NFC. Think thats all on coaching or Rodgers getting into his right mindset once again?

Oh my, the goalposts are moving.

Imagine that.

renofox

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":7903clqo said:
When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins on Carroll instead for some reason.

Translation: Coaches don't matter, it's all on the QB.

pittpnthrs":7903clqo said:

Translation: Coaches matter, it's part of the equation.

Cognitive Dissonance much?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
renofox":clx6tf3a said:
Hockey Guy":clx6tf3a said:
When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins on Carroll instead for some reason.

Translation: Coaches don't matter, it's all on the QB.

Hockey Guy":clx6tf3a said:

Translation: Coaches matter, it's part of the equation.

Cognitive Dissonance much?

Hockey Guy didn't write these posts! Fake news!

Hockey Guy deserves respect

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":386oq5hh said:
renofox":386oq5hh said:
pittpnthrs":386oq5hh said:

You said top 5 QB.

Not: "top 5 QB unless I am proven wrong then I will come up with a bunch of unrelated qualifiers"

And, even if your point is true, so what? This isnt a praise Pete Carroll thread. Its an I appreciate the Seahawks winning ways thread.

renofox

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2i48fbe5 said:

Oooops. Fixed.

Sorry, Hockey Guy!

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
renofox":2vwaq9eb said:
Jerhawk":2vwaq9eb said:

Oooops. Fixed.

Sorry, Hockey Guy!

JesusChristOurSavior":2vwaq9eb said:
You are forgiven my son. :les:

Don't fret it, everybody knows I didn't post that stupid shit. :stirthepot:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":9mhxshdc said:
DomeHawk":9mhxshdc said:
Maelstrom787":9mhxshdc said:
Sustained success in a league of parity is absurdly hard to achieve, and I think that is largely lost on the crowd here.

^^^^Excellent point.

Nah, the 1 thing I've learned by reading this board the last few years is that winning in the NFL is super easy.

Like, I'm talking 1 of the easiest things ever.

All you have to do is fire all coaches and players who have ever made a mistake. Doesn't get much easier than that.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":25ob8t4z said:
pittpnthrs":25ob8t4z said:
Hockey Guy":25ob8t4z said:
Jerhawk":25ob8t4z said:

Please, tell us more about these guaranteed wins in the NFL. It's all becoming clearer, RW is responsible for the 11 or 12 wins a year while PC is responsible for the 4 or 5 losses.

Here, let me make it easier on you in hopes you understand. Lets take the top 8 teams in the NFL right now. What do they all have in common? I'll even give you the answer so you dont waste time wondering.

NFC
Packers (Rodgers)
Saints (Brees)
Tampa (Brady)
Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
Chiefs (Mahomes)
Bills (Allen)
Steelers (Roethlisberger)
Titans (Tannehill)

Hint---- They all have great QBs

Its not hard

Belichick is the best coach in the league and even he couldnt overcome the absence of a great QB.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The good old days used to be that time we lost in the AFCCG. We were basically the Mariners.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":19l7qmsu said:
Hockey Guy":19l7qmsu said:
pittpnthrs":19l7qmsu said:
Hockey Guy":19l7qmsu said:

Here, let me make it easier on you in hopes you understand. Lets take the top 8 teams in the NFL right now. What do they all have in common? I'll even give you the answer so you dont waste time wondering.

NFC
Packers (Rodgers)
Saints (Brees)
Tampa (Brady)
Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
Chiefs (Mahomes)
Bills (Allen)
Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

Belichick is the best coach in the league and even he couldnt overcome the absence of a great QB.

So our takeaway is supposed to be that having a good QB makes it easier to win games??
:lol:
Any other groundbreaking news for us???

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3pv7f70x said:
pittpnthrs":3pv7f70x said:
Hockey Guy":3pv7f70x said:
pittpnthrs":3pv7f70x said:

NFC
Packers (Rodgers)
Saints (Brees)
Tampa (Brady)
Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
Chiefs (Mahomes)
Bills (Allen)
Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

So our takeaway is supposed to be that having a good QB makes it easier to win games??

Just two:

The sky is blue and the sea is salty. :)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hawkpower":bk1dyhqj said:
pittpnthrs":bk1dyhqj said:
Hockey Guy":bk1dyhqj said:
pittpnthrs":bk1dyhqj said:

NFC
Packers (Rodgers)
Saints (Brees)
Tampa (Brady)
Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
Chiefs (Mahomes)
Bills (Allen)
Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

I agree, it should be simple to grasp. Its not Pete Carroll, its Russell Wilson that makes the difference. Again, 9 to 10 wins are all but guaranteed no matter who the coach is as long as Wilson is the QB.

Glad we got that cleared up.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2829vwxe said:
Hawkpower":2829vwxe said:
pittpnthrs":2829vwxe said:
Hockey Guy":2829vwxe said:

NFC
Packers (Rodgers)
Saints (Brees)
Tampa (Brady)
Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
Chiefs (Mahomes)
Bills (Allen)
Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

I agree, it should be simple to grasp. Its not Pete Carroll, its Russell Wilson that makes the difference. Again, 9 to 10 wins are all but guaranteed no matter who the coach is as long as Wilson is the QB.

No man. It's not that simple.

The Seahawks have this longest winning streak because of the team, it's not just Wilson.

We had the top defense for like 3 or 4 straight seasons during this winning streak. Carroll deserves credit for that.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2z8d397t said:
Hockey Guy":2z8d397t said:
pittpnthrs":2z8d397t said:
Hockey Guy":2z8d397t said:

NFC
Packers (Rodgers)
Saints (Brees)
Tampa (Brady)
Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
Chiefs (Mahomes)
Bills (Allen)
Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

Belichick is the best coach in the league and even he couldn't overcome the absence of a great QB.

Umm ok, now the rest of the Story.

NFC
Packers (Rodgers) System QB, prim donna, disruptive, selfish, divisive. Without a Running game can't do crap.
Saints (Brees) Past his prime, product of Payton's offense.
Tampa (Brady) Product of Belichick
Seattle (Wilson) Too Short, career back up if lucky

AFC
Chiefs (Mahomes) System QB, what has he done without Reid.
Bills (Allen) One trick pony, doesn't have Touch.
Steelers (Roethlisberger) A blight on the league, big goon that happens to have a cannon but no touch, bailed out by Running Game.
Titans (Tannehill) Already Busted in Miami, won't last, Titans are still looking to replace him.

See what we can do with opinions and situations.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3be8eb0g said:
pittpnthrs":3be8eb0g said:
Hawkpower":3be8eb0g said:
pittpnthrs":3be8eb0g said:

NFC
Packers (Rodgers)
Saints (Brees)
Tampa (Brady)
Seattle (Wilson)

AFC
Chiefs (Mahomes)
Bills (Allen)
Titans (Tannehill)

Its not hard

The Seahawks have this longest winning streak because of the team, it's not just Wilson.

We had the top defense for like 3 or 4 straight seasons during this winning streak. Carroll deserves credit for that.

We had one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL up until 4 games ago and last seasons defense wasnt great either but yet the team is sitting where it usually does. Wilson deserves credit for that.

Replace Wilson and see how far that team will get you.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":gp34pnij said:
Jerhawk":gp34pnij said:
pittpnthrs":gp34pnij said:
Hawkpower":gp34pnij said:

We had one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL up until 4 games ago and last seasons defense wasnt great either but yet the team is sitting where it usually does. Wilson deserves credit for that.

Replace Wilson and see how far that team will get you.

I'm not wanting the team to replace Wilson.

I'm trying to say that Wilson and Carroll go together like peanut butter and jelly. It is a team effort.

Wilson is a great QB, but he needs a successful running game to be effective and he needs a reliable defense.
The first five weeks of this season, yes, I agree with you that was Wilson putting the team on his back. But after that, we've seen that he needs help, and that's fine. Carroll has steered the ship back on course and helped Wilson so he wasn't carrying so much of the load.

Wilson needs Carroll, and Carroll needs Wilson

Latest posts