Seahawks eligible comp picks (so far)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Anybody know the date after which a team signing an UFA does not factor into that team's potential compensatory picks?

I know that we're a long ways off from that date but I'm curious if anybody knows it.

nanomoz

Reaction score

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Surprising that the Hawks are only getting a 4th rounder for Lewis when he got paid a hefty amount.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Counting comp picks now is like looking at your paycheck and wondering who this FICA guy is and why isn’t your check as much as you expected it to be.
The comp picks for the ‘24 draft just came out a few weeks ago. We are a loooooooooong way from knowing anything about comp picks for the ‘25 draft.
As it stands now, there are a shit ton of roster spots to fill. They could continue on this projectory and get a bunch of comp picks for next year but they’d probably only have about 35-40guys on the roster for the ‘24 season.
Just like the old saying goes, “don’t count your chickens before they hatch.”

chris98251

Reaction score
Well John has experience in building a roster, if memory serves almost 300 transactions in year 1 and 2.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I get the sense that some people think automatic Super Bowl instead of realistic give it a year or two at least

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If we sign a bunch of Baltimore free agents like a bunch of people want to (including myself, if the price is right), they'll all get wiped out.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
So those are for 2025 would be able to trade those for picks in 2024?

Chapow

Reaction score
Some people are way too infatuated with comp picks, IMO. Sure, it's nice if we end up getting a couple/few, but forgoing signing a good player that could help the team this season because it might cost us a super late 5th round pick (or whatever) just makes no sense to me.

renofox

Reaction score
One important factor in determining comp picks and round is how many snaps the FA plays with the new team and any post-season honors.

It can make an estimated 5th rounder a 3rd, or drop him to a non-CFA player with no comp.

Let's hope all of our lost FA's play 100% of snaps en route to All-Pro.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Update .............................

- 4th round pick (Damien Lewis)
- 5th round pick (Jordyn Brooks)
- 6th round pick (Colby Parkinson)
- 6th round pick (Drew Lock)

Thanks Jville

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Some people are way too infatuated with comp picks, IMO. Sure, it's nice if we end up getting a couple/few, but forgoing signing a good player that could help the team this season because it might cost us a super late 5th round pick (or whatever) just makes no sense to me.
But but kam and sherm and Riq - say it ain’t so