Seahawks currently on pace for a TOP 3 pick

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't that Stroud plays with an elite team. It is that the elite team rarely puts him in situations that test him.
Worse, when he is 'tested' his team is rarely in a situation he has to carry them. So if he fails, there really isn't much cost of failure. Which means there is no fear of failure, ie no pressure.

He COULD be good. But is he winning because he is a great QB on a great team or just a good QB on a great team? That is the problem.
Plus, whenever I see him he looks like crap. Sure he hits lots of open receivers that are wide open. But I don't see him consistently making the kinds of throws that say he will make the kind of throws he needs to with a much lesser supporting cast, less protection and nowhere near the advantage over other teams.

I don't watch him enough to make a judgment. Small sample size. But when I did see him, he played smaller than he is, his accuracy was iffy, and nothing looked that impressive.

I want no part of Stroud unless JS firmly believes in him. Nothing about him looks extraordinary to me, but clearly Spin you have seen more of him than I. Have to trust your judgment on that then.

I need to watch Daniels more. So far him and Penix are my favorites but Penix is like 29 right now, so obviously Daniels would be preferred.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
Trade the pick, select D and grab best fa qb.
The FA market for QBs this offseason isn't all that impressive. Assuming we have no chance at Lamar Jackson or Tom Brady, the best free agent QBs are guys like Baker Mayfield, Jimmy Garoppolo, Daniel Jones, Cooper Rush, Gardner Minshew, and Taylor Heineke. I wouldn't feel comfortable with giving the keys to the offense to any of them, although Jones has some intriguing tools if anyone can ever unlock them.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’d love to get Stroud. He’s poised and has great pocket presence.

But, I can see JS and PC grabbing a QB in the later rounds.

Rainger

Reaction score
JS has a pretty consistent track record. If the Seahawks end up with a top 5 pick (I'd bet against it), I'd expect 1)A Pass Rusher, if not 2)a trade back, if neither 3)best defensive player or OL available. Remember the team started Tarvaris Jackson in '11 and brought in FA Flynn before the draft in 2012. First round pick was Irvin. 2nd round was Bobby Wagner. 3rd round was Wilson. The majority of the world graded their draft as an F.
I will make u 1000k bet Hawks don't draft 1 other than by trade up

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I will make u 1000k bet Hawks don't draft 1 other than by trade up
1k = 1,000
1000k = 1,000,000
Your bet with chrispy might be a little too high stakes for .net

I'm also not entirely certain what you are proposing. Draft 1 what?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Early word is that this could be the best and deepest QB draft in many years.

knownone

Reaction score
We're also a game away from being tied for the division lead.

As for the topic, this team is too talented to finish in the bottom 3. If that happens, either injury plagued the season, or Pete Carroll lost the locker room.

Rainger

Reaction score
1k = 1,000
1000k = 1,000,000
Your bet with chrispy might be a little too high stakes for .net

I'm also not entirely certain what you are proposing. Draft 1 what?
Lol yea the K isn't supposed to be there. I say that the Hawks will not have the worst record in the Nfl and have the number 1 pick next year. Hope that clarifies it. 🙂

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Stroud could be too good to pass up if available. His play reminds me a little of D Watson

balakoth

Reaction score
JS has a pretty consistent track record. If the Seahawks end up with a top 5 pick (I'd bet against it), I'd expect 1)A Pass Rusher, if not 2)a trade back, if neither 3)best defensive player or OL available. Remember the team started Tarvaris Jackson in '11 and brought in FA Flynn before the draft in 2012. First round pick was Irvin. 2nd round was Bobby Wagner. 3rd round was Wilson. The majority of the world graded their draft as an F.
A consistent track record of NEVER doing 2) on your list... ever with a top 15 pick?

Rat

Reaction score
Hopefully, next draft will be the earliest we'll be picking for some time, and I can't think of a better time to make the move on an early QB. There's good stuff in place now that we have our bookends, two high-end receivers, a great TE group, and a stud RB in KW3. Your chances of hitting on a franchise QB outside the first round is actually pretty awful. I think it'd be foolish to think we can strike gold again in the mid rounds, just because it happened once. Russ was kind of a special case. There's a reason like half the league called us after we made that pick to say that they were getting ready to take him.

NoChops

Reaction score
still have too strong of memories of Meier and Curry to get excited about a top draft pick unless its #1, then its total do or die.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don't get where people are getting this notion that the Seahawks won't go after a QB. They've been flirting with the likes of Josh Allen and Mahomes in the NFL draft. They somehow think we can buck the trend of being a team with a lower tier starter.

Nobody believes that, not even Pete Carroll himself. Why do you think he went through great lengths to cater to Wilson's every passing whim? At least if we believe what has come out. Carroll understands the importance of having a good QB.

The only reason we waited so long in 2012 to draft a QB is because of the money and resources that we spent on Matt Flynn. By the time the Seahawks picked in 2012, there were no top tier QB prospects available as well.

This season we didn't go after a QB because our options were limited. Even so, we were participants in the DeShaun Watson sweepstakes for quite awhile. In the draft none of the prospects looked that great and were also second round or lower in most drafts. Perhaps Pickett may have snuck into the back half of the first in many drafts.

Not a whole lot of good options this offseason to replace Russell Wilson. People are also delusional thinking that Geno Smith is potential long term option. QB's such as Geno often times regress back to the mean and even with the praise people are heaping on him, he's still underwhelming in many different respects.

I fully expect QB to be one of the first orders of business for Pete Carroll.

Seahawker

Reaction score
My rudimentary Kreskin eval of this current Hawk team say's there is an 80% chance they pick somewhere from #5 to about 16 in the 23' draft & 20% likelihood higher or lower. I think the Donco's will pick somewhere in that middling area & miss the PO's. Won't be surprised to see us picking about 10 & 15 when all the dust settles. Sure, RW & PC are forces to be reckoned with, but (in the NFL) apple carts are often toppled.

GemCity

Reaction score
Homers gonna homer.

No one’s wishing this team to take Ls. You folks act like the OP came out and said TANK since we’re headed that direction anyways. Jeeeezus..

QB isn’t a guaranteed first round pick for us. Personally, I’d like it to be. But, if we nabbed two defenders in the first instead, I wouldn’t be disappointed and I certainly wouldn’t be shocked.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you don't have a QB you don't have a chance.
As for DL?? You don't waste a top 3 pick on a DL when you have no QB. (Unless there is no projected top 10 QB available)

Donald and Suh were literally the most impressive and dominant DL in college (and later in the NFL). It didn't even move the needle.
They only started winning once they got great QBs. And even then for the Rams that only happened after they got BOTH Donald and Ramsay.

Even an All Pro DL doesn't do much for you if you don't have a QB.

GemCity

Reaction score
I agree Twisted.

But, I’m only stating that I wouldn’t be surprised if PC and JS think they can hit on a later round, diamond in the rough QB.

Not my preference…just won’t be disappointed nor shocked as I’ve scratched my head too many damn times during the draft.

Penny
LJ Collier
Eskridge

The difference this year? We absolutely need to grab a QB.

Crazier stuff has happened..,,