Seahawks currently on pace for a TOP 3 pick

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I don't know man, that other thread has the 'Hawks snagging a wildcard spot...

chrispy

Reaction score
JS has a pretty consistent track record. If the Seahawks end up with a top 5 pick (I'd bet against it), I'd expect 1)A Pass Rusher, if not 2)a trade back, if neither 3)best defensive player or OL available. Remember the team started Tarvaris Jackson in '11 and brought in FA Flynn before the draft in 2012. First round pick was Irvin. 2nd round was Bobby Wagner. 3rd round was Wilson. The majority of the world graded their draft as an F.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We need to know if this is the year a top 3 pick would help though.

Is there a franchise QB in this draft that would be a top QB in 3-4 years?

Obviously because of what is going on with Hurts and Tua, more people will get interested in Bryce Young again. But not many of the top QBs are really being tested, or worse, some are not doing near as well against lesser talent than you would expect.
I see very few QBs carrying their teams this year, and carrying your team needs to be a requisite.

Would Ohio State still be winning without Stroud? Of Course.
When I last looked at Levi, in the few games, his defense was keeping him in games, not the reverse.

Maybe the kid from Kansas is carrying his team and Penix here at Washington.

JS (hopefully) has a better feel for what is out there than any of us, so let us hope he found someone worth getting.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan

Obviously because of what is going on with Hurts and Tua, more people will get interested in Bryce Young again. But not many of the top QBs are really being tested, or worse, some are not doing near as well against lesser talent than you would expect.
I see very few QBs carrying their teams this year, and carrying your team needs to be a requisite.

When I last looked at Levi, in the few games, his defense was keeping him in games, not the reverse.

JS (hopefully) has a better feel for what is out there than any of us, so let us hope he found someone worth getting.
Jalon Daniels from Kansas may not be available this year as he is only a junior, but I know one thing for sure, I would do everything I could to snag him whenever he becomes available. He is a pure talent that is team oriented above all. Just playing at Kansas should be considered about as much in the way of "being tested" as it gets.

Ruminator

Reaction score
As long as Russ doesn't call Pete and John up after the season and tell them what to do with their two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders, we're going to kick some butt in the 2023 draft.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Jalon Daniels from Kansas may not be available this year as he is only a junior, but I know one thing for sure, I would do everything I could to snag him whenever he becomes available. He is a pure talent that is team oriented above all. Just playing at Kansas should be considered about as much in the way of "being tested" as it gets.
Uhhh, ***checks own user name*** I agree

seabowl

Reaction score
Trade the pick, select D and grab best fa qb.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
This is loser talk in September. We need to embrace this season for what it becomes and adjust accordingly. There is a lot of time and games left to evaluate the best QB prospects for us in next year’s draft. Too Soon for me.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Way to early in the season. In most seasons there are teams that start out fast then fizzle. Teams that start out slowly then catch fire. Teams that limp along and teams that start out dismally, fire the coach mid season and rise to mediocrity. I'm not sure what Seattle will become but I'd expect us to win enough to keep us out of the running for the big name hyped QB as usual.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

Are guys like Stroud and Young in good situations? Of course, but I don't think knocking them for it is very insightful. What sort of throws are they being asked to make on a regular basis? How is the offense structured? What are their leadership qualities and intangibles? What is their capacity for learning? Most of that stuff is not so easy as just saying "oh yeah he plays for an elite college".

Stroud in particular really stands out to me. Yeah, he's playing on an elite team but if you watch the types of throws he's making on a regular basis, you see that he is no slouch. His receivers hardly ever have to break stride even when there is pressure in his face. He seems to have a really good internal clock and his ball placement in particular is very impressive. He also moves well within the pocket.

I'm very intrigued by Stroud.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I like Stroud... he really looks like a great football player and makes good throws.

That being said, on toughness alone, I'll take Levis... LOL

I have to say, watching Jalon Daniels' highlights... wow... that dude is sick!