Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":36bezh0n said:
Marvin49":36bezh0n said:
Largent80":36bezh0n said:
Enjoy 8-1 and being in second place.

We'll see....

and even if that were true, how is 8-1 second place?

A division loss to the team right behind you. Even my daughter knows that.

I'm pretty sure that 8-1 is still in first place over 8-2.

With that said, as things stand right now, both Seattle and San Francisco both control their own destiny. If the Niners win tonight, they will control their own destiny and we will not. If the Seahawks win tonight, both teams will still control their destinies.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3iink1ga said:
Less than an hour, now...and I'm getting my malbec on.
I got blue moon on at a bar. Walking to a room later.

Largent80

Reaction score
kidhawk":56hmcbwn said:
Largent80":56hmcbwn said:
I'm pretty sure that 8-1 is still in first place over 8-2.
You know what I meant. A win over the team in front of you is not percentage points as far as records are concerned, but it IS a huge tiebreaker and technically a one up.

chris98251

Reaction score
Great game to watch as a NFL fan, 49ers are tough and scrappy as we are, we stepped up on defense, lots of mistakes on both sides as far as turnovers and missed chances.

No head hanging needed, you guys are tough and it will I think come down to playing us at home on the 29th, thank god it will be in our house.

FlayvaMeister

Reaction score
Maulbert":31azj1uk said:
Good game. The NFC West is back again! I look forward to our matchup in December!

I posted this in the Enemy this Week thread … but will do so here as well.
Well deserved win Hawks Fans. It was a "Nail Biter". I figured we'd eventually lose,
just didn't want it to be tonight … oh well, "On Any Given Monday" ;D

Clowney showed big tonight … I'll keep my remarks about Joe, to myself.
Here's to the rest of the season.

Ezekiel38

Reaction score
Congrats on the win. Not gonna eat crow as we straight up gave you the game with turnovers and dropped balls. Could not anticipate that and this one leaves a sour taste for obvious reasons.

You are not better than us that's for damn sure. But you got the W and that's what mattered tonight.

Makes for an exciting stretch run at least. If you don't lose two of your next four I will be surprised. But again, sincerely congrats on the win. We could not overcome Kendrick Bourne and it cost us the game.

knownone

Reaction score
This was an exciting game to watch, but it was largely due to both defenses taking advantage of sloppy mistakes by the offenses.

Both teams dealt with some pretty significant injuries during the game.

The officiating was awful.

It'll be interesting to see what the Niners can do against us with Sanders and Kittle healthy. We pretty much shut down their offense after Sanders went out.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":1ltohg57 said:
Congrats on the win. Not gonna eat crow as we straight up gave you the game with turnovers and dropped balls. Could not anticipate that and this one leaves a sour taste for obvious reasons.

You are not better than us that's for damn sure. But you got the W and that's what mattered tonight.

Makes for an exciting stretch run at least. If you don't lose two of your next four I will be surprised. But again, sincerely congrats on the win.
It only even went to overtime because the refs missed a blatant facemask against Wilson on the fumble recovery and TD, so... Take the salt away.

knownone

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21ye77sl said:
Ezekiel38":21ye77sl said:

Makes for an exciting stretch run at least. If you don't lose two of your next four I will be surprised. But again, sincerely congrats on the win.
It only even went to overtime because the refs missed a blatant facemask against Wilson on the fumble recovery and TD, so... Take the salt away.
Not to mention Seattle had more turnovers which includes a redzone turnover in OT...

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":6ki9kvg2 said:

Makes for an exciting stretch run at least. If you don't lose two of your next four I will be surprised. But again, sincerely congrats on the win. We could not overcome Kendrick Bourne and it cost us the game.

Don't want to hear from you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Wow.

I'm spent.

I can only see this from SFs vantage point so me not pointing out Seahawks players being hurt or bad calls, etc, it's not because I don't acknowledge. I'm just too annoyed to talk about more than a few of them right now.

From SF viewpoint tho....

1) Losing Kittle was HUGE. Run game stuffed all night and Jimmy needed him out there running patterns.

2) Losing Kittle was compounded by losing Sanders. Jimmy didn't trust anyone...and with good reason. I counted 7 or 8 drops, plus admittedly 2 more by the Seahawks. There was a time tonight that I straight up wanted to cut Kendrick Bourne on the spot. The INT hit both of his hands. Not only does he drop it, he tips it up to give Seattle field position for a TD. His second drop would have given the 49ers 1st and goal.

I love Samuel, but MAN...he had bad drops. So did Goodwin. When they were down both Kittle and Sanders...my god...it was bad.

3) Joe Staley was either really rusty, simply sucks now, or Clowney is a world beater. Gotta think its a mix of all three. He wasn't ready to play tonight. McGlinchey wasn't much better.

4) The "In the grasp" was really bad. I thought the Seahawks got shafted on that one....but I also think Mostert got the first down in overtime.

Honestly...so many guys got hurt, I'm just hoping this doesn't carry into next week.

Great game guys. It stings, but Niners had SEVERAL chances to win it and simply didn't. Enjoy it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":1vgkgd46 said:

Come to your house.
Had multiple turnovers you don't get that excuse
Have multiple ignored calls Refs were biased as hell with no calls on your defense.

Post you a ten point lead

Win in OT in your house.

Nope not better at all, you won't eat crow because you have no class, and probably can't boil water let alone cook crow.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":1drcesul said:

Pure class.

Washington49er

Reaction score
That was a battle, Congratulations on the win. I had a feeling as soon as they announced Kittle and Gould were out it my come down to a field goal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ezekiel38":4eil2dfu said:

LOL. After all the shit you talked, You lost.

Jimmy Crappallo should have been picked 4 more times if our linebackers and DB’s can learn to catch, and the refs don’t throw a BS phantom DPI penalty.

Crappallo is a human turnover machine when pressured.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Crappallo is The Kraepper 2.0.
His fatal flaws were on full display tonight.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":1sgzxgno said:
That was a battle, Congratulations on the win. I had a feeling as soon as they announced Kittle and Gould were out it my come down to a field goal.
And you talked so much shit too!
Where’s your false bravado now?

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1d81fcgy said:
Washington49er":1d81fcgy said:
And you talked so much $h!t too!
Where’s your false bravado now?

Oh c'mon, like you don't talk shit? It was a battle down to the last seconds of OT, win with a FG.

Again Congratulations on the win.