Seahawks 2022 Draft Day 1 Thread

balakoth

Reaction score
Color me shocked. I wouldn't have expected them to take Cross, that was a complete surprise...I 100% expected them to trade down.
Still dont get this narrative :p There was no way they were ever going to trade down.. even the announcers are a little daft on that thinking

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Still dont get this narrative :p There was no way they were ever going to trade down.. even the announcers are a little daft on that thinking
They probably would have if Cross was off the board, if we're being honest. Their interest in Cross wasn't fully predictable as he's outside of their usual prototype.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Because, at pick #9, with so many defensive players off the board, I wouldn't have expected them to stay put. I just didn't see it. Maybe JS is having more say in picks, or maybe PC is being more open-minded?

RunDownhill

Reaction score
I have questions about Cross. He's got middling athleticism and middling length, and a questionable background as an air raid tackle.

He's in the top 10 for a reason, and that's because he can do this shit right here.

Yeah, he doesn't have top-10 elite LT attributes, but I like him better than all the other LT in the draft. I think he will be a solid LT.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yeah, he doesn't have top-10 elite LT attributes, but I like him better than all the other LT in the draft. I think he will be a solid LT.
I'd agree. His mirroring is pretty astounding, even with his lack of athletic upside. Solid. Solid all-around.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
First trade of the 1st round, Saints moved up to #11. I wonder what it cost them

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wilson is the best receiver in the draft. His body control defies what should be possible.

GemCity

Reaction score
All linemen plus a cowbell back and I’d be happy as heck.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
All linemen plus a cowbell back and I’d be happy as heck.
Interesting viewpoint. Maybe a center later, but I hope they go all defense with a late running back from here on, tbh.

Although I'd be over the moon if they got Danny Gray later.

GemCity

Reaction score
Interesting viewpoint. Maybe a center later, but I hope they go all defense with a late running back from here on, tbh.

Although I'd be over the moon if they got Danny Gray later.
Could live with that as well. Wondering if they will go high on a DT.