Salk talks Common Sense 2 ppl saying I want Team X's stuff!"

ivotuk

Reaction score
There are many ways to win it all, but it gets really old when people trash their own team and say "Team X is doing it much better than the Seahawks!" But then Team X gets beat by Team Y and it's "We need to do what Team Y is doing!"

Great listen!

MIKE SALK -- Hour 2-How would the LOB do against the Chiefs? Brock Huard

Salk argues that we're all guilty of recency bias and it's not fair to believe something is the biggest, the best, the only way to succeed moving forward and how easy it is to get trapped into that thought.

Salk asks how the LOB would have fared against Mahomes & the Chiefs?

Tuesdays are for accountability so we go around the room and "Take the L" on last week's playoff picks before talking to Brock Huard.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... =Mike+Salk

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Reminds me of a story my dad used to tell me about fishing. Essentially every time a a guy saw someone catch a fish on one side of the boat, he went to that side to cast his line only to keep moving every time someone caught one in a different part of the boat. He spent more time chasing what everyone else was doing and not catching anything at all.

nutluck

Reaction score
Maybe I am biased but I personally think the LOB hawks defense at it's prime would have faired well against any offense ever. It was just a special defense imho. With that said though things change and it is harder on defenses. So I still think they would have been a top 5 if not the top defense this year, but defenses are giving up more points every year because of rule changes etc. Hopefully that made sense.

chris98251

Reaction score
nutluck":ou2hfrgq said:
Maybe I am biased but I personally think the LOB hawks defense at it's prime would have faired well against any offense ever. It was just a special defense imho. With that said though things change and it is harder on defenses. So I still think they would have been a top 5 if not the top defense this year, but defenses are giving up more points every year because of rule changes etc. Hopefully that made sense.

Agree if the LOB was able to play with the rules as they were then and not after the NFL adjusted them because the LOB were too good.

In todays game it would be different, the LOB was not put together for speed on the edges but length and physical presence.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2m9ftfsk said:
Reminds me of a story my dad used to tell me about fishing. Essentially every time a a guy saw someone catch a fish on one side of the boat, he went to that side to cast his line only to keep moving every time someone caught one in a different part of the boat. He spent more time chasing what everyone else was doing and not catching anything at all.

I used to be a mean little prick. I was on the Kasilof River and had already caught my King Salmon for that day.

So...I had this GIANT DareDevil and would cast it out in the river, then pull back on the fishing rod so that heavy hook would bend it over..then act like I was really fighting a big one! People would move over by me, and after a while I had them all moved away from the good fishing, and had my buddies move in on it. Buwhahahahaa! :escape:

nutluck

Reaction score
chris98251":3004a0ym said:
nutluck":3004a0ym said:

Agree if the LOB was able to play with the rules as they were then and not after the NFL adjusted them because the LOB were too good.

In todays game it would be different, the LOB was not put together for speed on the edges but length and physical presence.

See I think even if they had to play in todays rules they would still be at the very least a top 5 defense, I wouldn't at all be surprised they would be the top defense.

chris98251

Reaction score
nutluck":1ahpe04g said:
chris98251":1ahpe04g said:
nutluck":1ahpe04g said:

See I think even if they had to play in todays rules they would still be at the very least a top 5 defense, I wouldn't at all be surprised they would be the top defense.

They took away the physical part of our game is the problem.

seabowl

Reaction score
chris98251":22n0rbst said:
nutluck":22n0rbst said:
chris98251":22n0rbst said:
nutluck":22n0rbst said:

They took away the physical part of our game is the problem.

They didn’t take it away. The players got older and injured.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't get caught up in this.

But I do get caught up in identity, which IMO is what's been lacking about the Hawks since Lynch left and the defense deteriorated.

We had an identity. That identity was we were going to hammer, bully and punish your ass until you waved the white flag.

Now we've been stuck in this purgatory of sorta trying to be that, but not successfully because we have a QB that wants the team's identity to be him, and that's going against every fiber of Pete's philosophies, on both sides of the ball.