Saban Retires

NoGain

Reaction score
I wonder if the transfer portal and NIL and what not else just got to him and he retired perhaps a few years earlier than he might have? Or maybe he just felt his career haad run its course there. What a great, great college coach.

Echawks

Reaction score
not a big fan of deboer to alabama.. i was really looking forward to that Oregon/washington rivalry for a few years

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All rumors. I would be bummed, but not gonna' let myself think DeBoer is gone after 2 years, and a trip to the title game.
Plus his Daughter is playing softball at UW in 2024.

3...2....1..... She can transfer........yes I get it. Talk is talk. Alabama would be dumb to not try to get a good coach like that.

Echawks

Reaction score
ya it will be a name, alabama is one of the few that can attract a NFL type coach

NoGain

Reaction score
If DeBoers got a serious offer to be HC of Bama, he'd have to seriously consider it. Fact of the matter is Bama is simply going to have a higher level of recruit available to them than UW no matter what UW does. He'd really have to like it here for him and his family, and believe that he could compete at the highest levels with a little less of the raw talent the very elite teams will be comprised of.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
If DeBoers got a serious offer to be HC of Bama, he'd have to seriously consider it. Fact of the matter is Bama is simply going to have a higher level of recruit available to them than UW no matter what UW does. He'd really have to like it here for him and his family, and believe that he could compete at the highest levels with a little less of the raw talent the very elite teams will be comprised of.
Yeah the sad reality is Bama is the best and biggest job in college football. Maybe even all of football. It doesn't get any bigger than Tuscaloosa on Gameday. I would think there are very few coaches out there who would pass up the Bama job

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think it would be stupid to try and take the job as Sabans replacement. Expectations are going to be super high.

Washington can pay him very close to what Saban was making at Alabama anyway.

Does DeBoer even have recruiting connections in the south or the east?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
DeBoer is on that short list, just needs to stay out of the strip club…