Russell sought advice from Bradshaw

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
ProFootballTalk posted and article saying that Russell asked Bradshaw for advice on the Super Bowl. It says it shows it on Inside the NFL but I cant find any video of it. Have ya seen it. If so post a link.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
He also contacted Drew Brees. Wilson said it in the Press conference.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Video is Showtime's, but here is a transcript from my DVR.

While Russell and Terry are up on the presentation stage he turns to Bradshaw and starts asking questions. Yes he's about to be presented the NFC Trophy and he's already onto the next game. god I love this kid.

Russell: "I have a question for you."
Russell: "What do we need to do to win it?"
Russell: "What makes you win it?"
Bradshaw: "You know what, you need to be really cool. Don't let the moment catch up with ya."
Russell: "Ok"
Bradshaw: "Play the game down, if you build it up, It's so important, you'll screw it up, and you won't play well"
Russell: "Ya"
Bradshaw: "It's not just another game, believe me, but you can make it one, just be cool."
Russell: "Yes sir."
Russell: "Thank you, I appreciate everything."

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I saw the video posted on FB but can't find the link right this second, Russell asked Bradshaw on the trophy stage, "how do you go win this? how do you handle it?" Terry told him "You just have to be cool, its not just another game, but you can make it one if you're cool."

that's a paraphrase but its the gist of what was said.

HawkWow

Reaction score
After his interview with the buzz killing Alexander (after our last NFCCG), I wouldn't put too much stock in anything Bradshaw says..unless he wasn't drunk this time.

Edited to prevent derailment. My bad.

Happy

Reaction score
Shock2k":23oqswf3 said:
Video is Showtime's, but here is a transcript from my DVR.

While Russell and Terry are up on the presentation stage he turns to Bradshaw and starts asking questions. Yes he's about to be presented the NFC Trophy and he's already onto the next game. god I love this kid.

Russell: "I have a question for you."
Russell: "What do we need to do to win it?"
Russell: "What makes you win it?"
Bradshaw: "You know what, you need to be really cool. Don't let the moment catch up with ya."
Russell: "Ok"
Bradshaw: "Play the game down, if you build it up, It's so important, you'll screw it up, and you won't play well"
Russell: "Ya"
Bradshaw: "It's not just another game, believe me, but you can make it one, just be cool."
Russell: "Yes sir."
Russell: "Thank you, I appreciate everything."

That is amazing. Dude is just driven. I have the biggest man crush ever on this guy.

Live in the moment indeed. What presence of mind to seize that opportunity.

OrFan

Reaction score
Bradshaw: "you see, if you add a wee bit more whiskey in the glass before you mix it, doesn't look like you are drinking as much."

Wilson: "huh?"

Bradshaw: "let me see, well now let me see, you see, well let me, screw it add more whiskey."

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I loved that bit with Pete afterwards. Were going to the Superbowl! Followed by tee heeing like a couple of kids. Awesome!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
OrFan":35z8wjrs said:
Bradshaw: "you see, if you add a wee bit more whiskey in the glass before you mix it, doesn't look like you are drinking as much."

Wilson: "huh?"

Bradshaw: "let me see, well now let me see, you see, well let me, screw it add more whiskey."

Now THERE'S some darn good advice! :thirishdrinkers:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I hate Bradshaw. Before the 2005 season NFCCG, after it was reported that the Rustbuckets won, said (referring to the Seahawks and Panthers),

"My Steelers will beat either one of these teams." Or maybe it was "My Steelers will beat both of these teams."

Then afterward he gave one of the most gawd-awful presentations I ever saw or heard. The before XL*, he came running out with a terrible tampon.

I hate his freaking guts.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought Russ asking advice from the 4-time Super Bowl-winning legendary QB while he had his ear was awesome! He was just trying to gain any edge possible. And it was so cool that Bradshaw put aside everything that was going on around them at that moment, and gave Russ a little "Father/Son" type advice. It really did give me chills because it sounded like they didn't realize they were being recorded. It sounded genuine. Thanks Terry.

ceej22

Reaction score
BlueTalon":10aeepbd said:
I hate Bradshaw. Before the 2005 season NFCCG, after it was reported that the Rustbuckets won, said (referring to the Seahawks and Panthers),

"My Steelers will beat either one of these teams." Or maybe it was "My Steelers will beat both of these teams."

Then afterward he gave one of the most gawd-awful presentations I ever saw or heard. The before XL*, he came running out with a terrible tampon.

Yeah what a dirtbag I mean why would he root for the team he won 4 Super Bowls with.

HawkWow

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2unlnk7p said:

Yep. Him asking Alexander if he would "be back with the Seahawks next year", moments after our first NFCCG, should have been answered with a kick to the sack.

OrFan

Reaction score
ceej22":1kad87jy said:
BlueTalon":1kad87jy said:

Yeah what a dirtbag I mean why would he root for the team he won 4 Super Bowls with.

You mean when he is not supposed to be biased? When doing a presentation for the other team? A person is supposed to at least act professional.

chihawk

Reaction score
All the youtube clips appear to have been blocked by NFL.