Russell signs for 4 years 87.6mil (New Main Wilson Thread)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
There is a god!!! Best news of the year so far!!!! :thirishdrinkers:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2thnwviw said:
dontbelikethat":2thnwviw said:
HawkFan72":2thnwviw said:
Sounds like the Hawks stood pretty firm on their final offer.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/627113852421836801[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/627138504821071872[/tweet]

Hsu was also right on his prediciton for the contract.

4DqMEIY

Yes, he was also saying $61 guaranteed this whole time. He had his finger on the pulse of this thing from the beginning.

I vote HSU for the spot Blount left behind.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Last Summer there was a thread to predict Wilson's extension.....

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 6#p1352880

Thought it might be fun to revisit. I wasn't as far off as I thought I might have been. I was a little overzealous with the guarantees, but not by too much

I think his extension will be in the low twenties (very low twenties), but when you factor in the last year of his deal his overall contract will be less than $20 million per year, but he'll get more guaranteed money than Kaep....maybe in the $65-70 range

Decimation

Reaction score
Glad we got it done! People outside of Seahawk fans like to claim we overpaid, but Russell is the real deal whether people would like to admit it or not. So glad we have him for the next five years!

JimmyG

Reaction score
This is huge. The most important aspect -- as has been mentioned countless times in this thread -- was the ability to roll part of his signing bonus into this season, which they (predictably) did. Nice job by both sides to nail out a deal. Going the franchising route would've been very costly.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I spent most of the off-season forcing myself to avoid the Wilson contract stories and threads. Instead waited for real news one way or the other.

This made for a waaay more enjoyable off-season.

Now on to avoiding the Kam, Bennett and other contract threads!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
just glad its done....what was with wagners tweet posted above? gotta get him and likely kam done. imo mebane is a goner...

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":q8ovf8bb said:
SeatownJay":q8ovf8bb said:
Is one of the conditions that Russ now has to call Kam and tell hem there's no more money left to redo his deal so he might as well report to camp now?

Theres always money in the banana stand

We should all meet at the big yellow joint and PAAAAARR-TAAAY!
:fam:

Tip of the cap to SaintsFan, ctrcat, PackerNation, et al. I appreciate that you can appreciate fellow football fans' good times!
:229031_thewave:

I'm creating a new dance called the DangeRuss Extension! It starts with with a spin, a "dead leg" juke hop like in the TD run vs Arizona, and a stiff-arm pose with a lot of wiggle in the middle. :D The dance is done best to this song:

[youtube]vAtw8pLOqVo[/youtube]

Greenhell

Reaction score
Tical21":21eta3lf said:
Whaaaaat!?!? We got him!?!?!? Time to rattle off Super Bowls baby! Not one, not two, not three.......

Why stop at say...five Super Bowls???

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hate to break it to everyone, but this is really bad for Seattle. You can go to webzone for repeated confirmation of this.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ixrfrrc said:
Hsu is saying that likely cap number for Wilson in 2015 is now $6.2M

Also said the only way Wags gets done this year is with a McDaniel cut or Mebane restructure

This was my thinking as well, since current cap numbers after the Wilson deal is thought to be 3.6 Mil heading into TC. That 5.5M Mebane is sitting on is a little tempting if you are the Seahawks FO.

kidhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":38ur7oy0 said:
Hasselbeck":38ur7oy0 said:

Also said the only way Wags gets done this year is with a McDaniel cut or Mebane restructure

This was my thinking as well, since current cap numbers after the Wilson deal is thought to be 3.6 Mil heading into TC. That 5.5M Mebane is sitting on is a little tempting if you are the Seahawks FO.

That's ridiculous. We have enough cap space to sign Wagner to an extension.

There is a Wagner thread and in it I've put out a basic salary cap explanation as to how easy it would be to fit a Wagner deal into the current cap with no cuts or restructures.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111595#p1658618

Let's keep the Wagner talk in the Wagner thread

HansGruber

Reaction score
This has to be the best contract the Seahawks have ever signed. We finally get a top paid player worth his salary.

This makes up for the Boz

hawknation2015

Reaction score
drdiags":11l7tiz6 said:
Hasselbeck":11l7tiz6 said:

I heard Hsu is an interview. His numbers are way off in terms of how much we have available.

Latest posts