Russ for MVP

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Fox0r":29vdjyfm said:
You guys need to chill out and pop some Xanax. I'm still cleaning off the residue from that s*** stew Russell dropped all over my TV while he was "cooking" the second half of last season.

History isn't on his side and this league is loaded with elite QBs who could run away with the MVP. Also: Tom Brady.

Threads like this in Week 1 make our fanbase look stupid - especially after the 'Let Russ Cook' campaign debacle last year. Dude was the laughing stock of Twitter for weeks with cooking fail memes about burnt food.

How about we focus on a Super Bowl and let the rest take care of itself.
Most of that "s*** stew" wasn't Russell, it was the futility of trying to do stupid crap against double safeties game after game after game. Makes it REALLY easy for defenses to dominate. Kind of like if you were in a Formula One race car and purposely staying in first gear.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":vyolh024 said:
Wilson out of it already, Murray and Winston had 5 TD's Wilson has no chance...............

so while I hope you're being sarcastic lets look at it anyway

Murray
21/32 65% comply
4 passing tds
9 YPA
1 rushing tds
1 int
120 passer rating
79.9 qb rating
289 yards

Winston
14/20 70% comply
5 tds
7.4 YPA
131 passer rating
qb rating 12
148 yards

Wilson
18/23 78% comply
4 passing tds
11 YPA
152.3 passer rating
254 yards
84.9 qb ratting

Yeah sorry, Wilson is right tin it. however again way to early to really say anything

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2vhvl1fu said:
Fox0r":2vhvl1fu said:
You guys need to chill out and pop some Xanax. I'm still cleaning off the residue from that s*** stew Russell dropped all over my TV while he was "cooking" the second half of last season.

History isn't on his side and this league is loaded with elite QBs who could run away with the MVP. Also: Tom Brady.

Threads like this in Week 1 make our fanbase look stupid - especially after the 'Let Russ Cook' campaign debacle last year. Dude was the laughing stock of Twitter for weeks with cooking fail memes about burnt food.

Most of that "s*** stew" wasn't Russell, it was the futility of trying to do stupid crap against double safeties game after game after game. Makes it REALLY easy for defenses to dominate. Kind of like if you were in a Formula One race car and purposely staying in first gear.

hmm so the whole last 8 games were a sh*t show

Hmm

here are a few of the last 8 oh and we went 6-2 in the last 8

66% comply
92 Passer rating
12 tds 5 ints
248 yards rushing 1 rushing tds

far from the Sh*t show you and others make it out to be. OH and he also had 5 less attempts per game.

To up it in perspective Drew Brees a fist ballot HOF in the 2nd hal of 2020
61% compt
95 passer rating
7 tds 3 ints
-4 yards rushing

Kyle Murray the next big thing
66% comply
89 passer rating
10 tds 5 ints

So sorry the 2nd half was far from a Sh!t show. all that said it was not as good as the first 8. However far from a Sh!t show

Elemas

Reaction score
Definitely early but being positive isn’t a bad thing. Odds are against it so the downers have a distinct advantage and “I told you so” attitude when it rings true. Or it happens and the comeback is “I only said it’s too early”.

You can’t win.

Regardless, thanks for posting and let’s get that MVP and a SB win this year!!

Elemas

Reaction score
Definitely early but being positive isn’t a bad thing. Odds are against it so the downers have a distinct advantage and “I told you so” attitude when it rings true. Or it happens and the comeback is “I only said it’s too early”.

You can’t win.

Regardless, thanks for posting and let’s get that MVP and a SB win this year!!

Chapow

Reaction score
John63":3mrr5meh said:
I agree it is way too early for this though he had a fantastic game.

That said if this was Carson, Wagner, DK, or any other player there would be more people saying let's get it started

No matter how you slice it this is an MVP performance now can he and the team keep it going

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG
Russell Wilson 18/23 254 11.0 4 0 3-13 152.3

and 78% comply %

Wilson was awesome today. That being said, look around the league at what some of the other QB's did.

Dak Prescott, 400 yards and 3 TD's.
Tom Brady, 380 yards and 4 TD's.
*gulp* Jared Goff, 340 yards and 3 TD's.
Patrick Mahomes, 340 yards and 3 TD's.
Kyler Murray, 290 yards and 4 TD's.
Jalen Hurts, 265 yards and 3 TD's.

Point being, as well as Russ played today, and he played really, really well, quite a few other QB's played well also. Even if Russ keeps this up for the entire season, if some of those other guys do as well, Russ still might not win the MVP. Right or wrong, eye popping stats matter in the MVP conversation. 300+ yards, or 350, or 400, is a lot more eye popping than 250. Now multiply that by 17. It's a pretty big difference.

You can't just look at what one player did and say "that's an MVP performance". You have to look at what that one player did compared to everyone else.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Fox0r":3lygcq8s said:

Dude...it's okay to actually like your QB you know? Like, root for him as a good human being who also plays a significant role in our wins...and losses?

The s*** stew you're referring to, HOF QBs have had much worse stretches. Russ has still never thrown more interceptions in a season than Brady, Brees, etc. to name a few. The 2nd half of the season also had some good performances mixed in between.

I get we hold Russ to a high standard but he's literally never had a truly bad season and we should probably stop pretending like he..has?

John63

Reaction score
Chapow":21yv0kd8 said:
John63":21yv0kd8 said:
I agree it is way too early for this though he had a fantastic game.

That said if this was Carson, Wagner, DK, or any other player there would be more people saying let's get it started

No matter how you slice it this is an MVP performance now can he and the team keep it going

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG
Russell Wilson 18/23 254 11.0 4 0 3-13 152.3

and 78% comply %

Wilson was awesome today. That being said, look around the league at what some of the other QB's did.

Dak Prescott, 400 yards and 3 TD's.
Tom Brady, 380 yards and 4 TD's.
*gulp* Jared Goff, 340 yards and 3 TD's.
Patrick Mahomes, 340 yards and 3 TD's.
Kyler Murray, 290 yards and 4 TD's.
Jalen Hurts, 265 yards and 3 TD's.

Point being, as well as Russ played today, and he played really, really well, quite a few other QB's played well also. Even if Russ keeps this up for the entire season, if some of those other guys do as well, Russ still might not win the MVP. Right or wrong, eye popping stats matter in the MVP conversation. 300+ yards, or 350, or 400, is a lot more eye popping than 250. Now multiply that by 17. It's a pretty big difference.

You can't just look at what one player did and say "that's an MVP performance". You have to look at what that one player did compared to everyone else.

That is true to a point you can say its an mvp performance. That does not mean they will win the mvp. They would nad to maintain and also have a winning record. Win the mvp or not does not change the fact it was an mvp level performance. Or that those others players also had mvp level performances.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Mix":212ymkag said:
HawkNuts":212ymkag said:
Who gives a damn about MVP.

Give the MVP to AR and let’s win another Superb Owl.

If RW is winning MVP it means we asked him to do too much and we’re not winning it all.

If Wilson wins MVP it means he had his best year or a near best year. If he wins 2 MVPs in one year hes legendary.

The QB is asked to do more than the rest, thus why he gets paid the way he does.

Dan Marino won 3 MVP’s. Does anybody care?

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkNuts":8bir2auf said:
Mix":8bir2auf said:
HawkNuts":8bir2auf said:
Who gives a damn about MVP.

Give the MVP to AR and let’s win another Superb Owl.

If RW is winning MVP it means we asked him to do too much and we’re not winning it all.

If Wilson wins MVP it means he had his best year or a near best year. If he wins 2 MVPs in one year hes legendary.

The QB is asked to do more than the rest, thus why he gets paid the way he does.

Dan Marino won 3 MVP’s. Does anybody care?

Considering the fact that he's in the Hall of Fame despite having never won a championship, I'm going to yes. Some people care.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3jszin92 said:
The Colts were playing 2-high safety the entire game, and still got cooked. The offense looked so much easier compared to last year. Those expecting a massive fall off are just buying into the narrative. This offense is DIFFERENT.

Looked like a real O.

TBF though. Schotty and Bevell looked really great in Jacksonville today. LOL

John63

Reaction score
Smellyman":1l4112le said:
Scorpion05":1l4112le said:
The Colts were playing 2-high safety the entire game, and still got cooked. The offense looked so much easier compared to last year. Those expecting a massive fall off are just buying into the narrative. This offense is DIFFERENT.

Looked like a real O.

TBF though. Schotty and Bevell looked really great in Jacksonville today. LOL

Your being sarcastic about Jacksonville right?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’d prefer another Lombardi trophy, so would Russ if you asked him.
If he wins another Super Bowl he’ll be in the MVP running.

Fade

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1uwzuwih said:
Fox0r":1uwzuwih said:

Piggybacking on to this.

I liken it to playing poker, but you let your opponents see your cards. It's very hard to be successful when you do that. Opposing defenses knew where the play was going better than the Seahawks themselves.

Players don't dominate to Wilson's level and then magically fall off a cliff in the the middle of a season, unless their are injuries, or scheme issues. Lockett got Hurt, Carson got hurt, Olsen got hurt, the O-Line got hurt, AND they had scheme issues. Frankly it should've been much worse.

=================

On to the MVP:

The MVP award for over a decade now has been this: The QB with the best stats on a #1 or #2 seed.

The Seahawks keep winning and he has the best stats he will win the award.

I happen to think he will either this year or next. He doesn't need to have a marketing campaign, this isn't college football for the Heisman.

Chawker

Reaction score
Hey, Russ got us a "W" thats what counts. If he can do that 12 or 15 more times the MVP will take care of itself.

Go Hawks !!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

hoxrox

Reaction score
He had a great game yesterday but the MVP conversation is premature. If he can play like this on December 19th, then I'm with you.