Rumor: Hawks willing to trade Graham for LT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2y0pwhl9 said:
Pete: "No way we're trading Graham." = No one wants to trade us for Graham cause he's in the last year of his deal and costs 10M.

Don't think for a second that Schneider hasn't been trying to trade Graham for a LT for a solid two months. His is the only expendable/tradable contract that's enough to take on a starting LT's contract. Period.

Or maybe they were never trying to trade Graham, I have not seen any proof they were other than speculation which is worthless. And mind prior to the last 2 weeks if it would have brought oline help I would have been all for it.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1i07znek said:
Pete: "No way we're trading Graham." = No one wants to trade us for Graham cause he's in the last year of his deal and costs 10M.

Don't think for a second that Schneider hasn't been trying to trade Graham for a LT for a solid two months. His is the only expendable/tradable contract that's enough to take on a starting LT's contract. Period.
Let it go...

Random let it go

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Anthony!":38umtk1f said:
Sgt. Largent":38umtk1f said:

Or maybe they were never trying to trade Graham, I have not seen any proof they were other than speculation which is worthless. And mind prior to the last 2 weeks if it would have brought oline help I would have been all for it.

Ian Rappaport doesn't just make stuff up. Some source somewhere told him the Hawk's were shopping Graham.

Why wouldn't we? We DESPERATELY need a LT, and Graham's contract fits into that cap slot for a LT...........AND he's 99% not coming back next year.

This is not me saying I don't like Graham. He had a great game yesterday, and can have more great games.

But to think Schneider hasn't been shopping him is naive.

mikeak

Reaction score
All I know is that I never heard PC and Schneider both come out strongly shooting down a rumor like this before

So based on that history I believe them

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":38kz5hfb said:
All I know is that I never heard PC and Schneider both come out strongly shooting down a rumor like this before

Neither said "we never shopped Jimmy Graham." Both said "we're not trading Jimmy Graham."

Big difference.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4qabeau7 said:
mikeak":4qabeau7 said:

Neither said "we never shopped Jimmy Graham." Both said "we're not trading Jimmy Graham."

Big difference.

Exactly. It is common sense they would attempt to use him as fair trade in this situation.

If they were shopping him and had no luck, that is exactly what they needed to say to get anything more out of him the rest of this season.

Seymour

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":hv8xnpty said:
This is being very naïve. You would be amazed at the stuff that gets made up with "anonymous" sources. So much of reporting is based on clicks and views, they don't even try to to hide it much anymore.

With some reporters yes, with Rapoport NO.

Show me even 1 case where he has clearly "made up" news. I think you are not paying attention to him real well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1bs2kj84 said:
Sgt. Largent":1bs2kj84 said:
Anthony!":1bs2kj84 said:
Sgt. Largent":1bs2kj84 said:

Ian Rappaport doesn't just make stuff up. Some source somewhere told him the Hawk's were shopping Graham.

This is being very naïve. You would be amazed at the stuff that gets made up with "anonymous" sources. So much of reporting is based on clicks and views, they don't even try to to hide it much anymore.

With most "news" sources like Bleacher Report, etc I'd agree with you.

But Rappaport works for NFL.com, and is one of the most well respected NFL reporters out there. So no, I don't think he just makes stuff up. He obviously heard through his extensive team source grapevine that the Hawks were shopping Graham.

Thus Pete's very excited response. Which is good, as a player that's what you want to hear your coach and GM say.

But to think we haven't been shopping a TE that's underperformed, is in the last year of his deal with no chance of being re-signed and who's salary fits perfectly into a starting LT cap slot at 10M.....................that's naive.

Seymour

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":5y5yf28v said:
Rappaport is one of the worst reporters when it comes to accuracy, not sure why you would place your trust in him.

Counter to your point about trading, no one is going to trade for an underperforming TE with a bit contract on the last year of his deal. At least not what the Hawks would get back by letting Jimmy walk and picking up a comp pick next year.

What a mind boggling post. Nothing is further from the truth. In fact he is one of the most well trusted and accurate reporters in all of pro football reporting.

You are totally confusing him with someone else.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":kwfjn0ha said:
Counter to your point about trading, no one is going to trade for an underperforming TE with a bit contract on the last year of his deal. At least not what the Hawks would get back by letting Jimmy walk and picking up a comp pick next year.

Right, that's why it hasn't happened.

Not sure why this is so hard for you to believe, Pete and John literally BRAG about leaving no stone unturned and vetting out any and all ways of making the Hawks better.

Why would they not try and find a team with a quality LT and trade Graham and picks for the LT? I'd be mad if they DIDN'T offer Graham to any team with a good LT. Just makes too much sense from our side.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm sure that Graham has been shopped. The problem is that there aren't very much LT's that are trade worthy. You definitely don't want to trade Graham for a Matt Tobin/Luke Joeckel like player. That's the type of LT's that are predominantly available for trade. No team is going to trade a star LT. LTs are about as rare as a quality QB and maybe even rarer than that.

Seafan

Reaction score
Trade deadline is Tuesday. I'd be surprised if the Hawks make a big move. JLane is the only person on the roster that makes sense moving but for what? Cap space so they can sign someone like Albert?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ez0hhv7 said:
I'm sure that Graham has been shopped. The problem is that there aren't very much LT's that are trade worthy. You definitely don't want to trade Graham for a Matt Tobin/Luke Joeckel like player. That's the type of LT's that are predominantly available for trade. No team is going to trade a star LT. LTs are about as rare as a quality QB and maybe even rarer than that.

For sure, you'd have to give up fo serious draft picks to any team taking on Graham's salary and knowing he's gone at the end of the year.

IMO that's more the sticking point with trading Graham for a LT, Schneider already gave up our 2nd rounder for Richardson. My guess is any team even remotely interested in trading a LT would want our 1st, if not more.

RCATES

Reaction score
Every year the media hypes up the NFL mid-season trade deadline. And every year it disappoints with very little if any trading. Do the Seahawks need a better LT? Absolutely. Do they have the pieces and cap space to make it happen without it hurting another part of their team? No. Looks like all that money they spent on defense worked out great yesterday. Yikes! I've never seen a O-Line switch the way ours has this year. We were decent at run blocking but very poor at pass protection. Now were slowly becoming ok at pass protection but terrible at run blocking. Cable just needs to go.

kidhawk

Reaction score
WIth the left tackle acquired I think we can put to rest the rumor of trading Graham for a Tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.