Report: NFL threatens Marshawn with increasing fines

StoneCold

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3ve7xef3 said:
Hawkboi":3ve7xef3 said:
The NFL needs to leave Marshawn alone....

Whenever Hawk fans say things like the above, this is what we look like.

Leave britney alone

The NFL has deeper pockets than Marshawn, and they don't NEED Marshawn.

If Marshawn wants to continue playing and getting paid good money for it. Talk to the damn media or get a doctor's note. Or Retire, and if he really retired over it, that's just disappointing that he'd let something so petty get to him that much.

Why do you hate Marshawn? I have never heard Marshawn complain about the fines. He just pays them and goes about his business. And when he pay them he is a check writer and if he doesn't mind writing them he can do whatever he wants.

SC

Uncle Si

Reaction score
mikeak":2jl3xu6p said:
I don't understand why Lynch hasn't found a doctor to declare a disability about speaking in front of others. Then protected under the Disability Act which would override the CBA

Such a simple solution and a lot cheaper than $50k

he doesnt have a disability, so why would he?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1xqc5ns2 said:
Marshawn has not let anyone stop him being him, and that is a principle I can respect. If you want to be a little bitch about it then so be it. As for the nuts thing, I did not notice this level of sanctimony when he first did it against the Saints.

Marshawn is in the hot seat, anything bad he does is going to get noticed. It kind of reminds me of a friend of mine who got a written warning at work because he was kind of slacking off at work. Then his response was to perform the same as everyone else, and then was getting upset the few times he wasn't performing well and was making mistakes (like being late to a meeting) like anyone else he was getting picked on and still being called in by management. I tried to explain to him that he was on the hot seat and that he couldn't just be like everyone else if he wanted management off his back, that he'd have to be like a super star outperforming everyone just to look "normal". He continued to work like everyone else and got fired.

This is a similar scenario I see for Marshawn, he already got his warnings and now management is paying closer attention to him and no one else. Even if what he is doing is no different than so many others, too bad, all eyes on him. He's gotta play suck-up for a while if he wants them to leave him alone. If not, fines/punishment will continue more often and be larger each time.

This is actually the same situation I see for the Seahawks being penalized all the time. It's not that the refs have something out for the Hawks...well sort of. But it is because the Seahawks BUILT the reputation of being a right up against line team. The refs now because of this reputation will watch the Hawks more than the other team just out of human nature. The Hawks will need to be squeaky clean in order to just appear normal. Continue to play like everyone else and you will still get more flags than the opponent.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":2zqg1qjq said:
ZagHawk":2zqg1qjq said:
Hawkboi":2zqg1qjq said:

Leave britney alone

If Marshawn wants to continue playing and getting paid good money for it. Talk to the damn media or get a doctor's note. Or Retire, and if he really retired over it, that's just disappointing that he'd let something so petty get to him that much.

Why do you hate Marshawn? I have never heard Marshawn complain about the fines. He just pays them and goes about his business. And when he pay them he is a check writer and if he doesn't mind writing them he can do whatever he wants.

SC

I'm probably just as big of Marshawn fan as anyone else, I have 2 jerseys, been to many of his events and signings, etc. I don't hate Marshawn, but I'm not going to blindly back him up when I think he's being immature just because I like him. I am disappointed because this is such an easy fix, and he's letting it be an issue. The NFL is not going to bend for him because it opens the flood gates for every other athlete "Oh so Marshawn doesn't have to talk to the Media, why the hell should I" - half the other players in the NFL.

salamander

Reaction score
I think Marshawn is actually a man of principle (even though his principles may be different to yours and mine). I think he made a conscious decision to not talk to the media after the way he was treated early in his career, and he sees talking to the media now as abandoning those principles or selling out.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2rbztu9y said:
Hawkboi":2rbztu9y said:

Leave britney alone

So you defend Brady and Belichick for lying to the media but bash Lynch for trolling them, go back to the webzone where you belong.

mikeak

Reaction score
salamander":2fkydctc said:
I think Marshawn is actually a man of principle (even though his principles may be different to yours and mine). I think he made a conscious decision to not talk to the media after the way he was treated early in his career, and he sees talking to the media now as abandoning those principles or selling out.

Then he should stop appealing the fines like he did.....

Options are kind of like this

1) Don't talk and pay the fines
2) Have a legit excuse for not paying the fines and then support it

StoneCold

Reaction score
mikeak":pkebjg5l said:
salamander":pkebjg5l said:

Then he should stop appealing the fines like he did.....

Options are kind of like this

1) Don't talk and pay the fines
2) Have a legit excuse for not paying the fines and then support it

Wow, that seems harsh. I only recall one appeal and that was after he got on the team bus, I think after KC, and did an interview via phone with Michael Silver. He DOES just pay the fines and goes about his business. And that would be Action.

SC

Laloosh

Reaction score
H4WKSF4N":285nvt5d said:
Would be great to see Seahawks adjust Lynch's contract next season with an extension and include all the fines $ he's lost this year.
Is this a serious post? Why should the team pay for his personal pissing contest with the league?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm no where near as wealthy as the beast but if it keeps him here, healthy, running hard, and happy then I'm willing to pitch in to pay these ridiculous fines.

seabowl

Reaction score
Just answer the dumb questions they ask. Case closed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Speaking of stupid fines, Kearse has been fined 5500 bucks for throwing the ball into the stands. Geezus :roll:

Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2pfa3who said:
Speaking of stupid fines, Kearse has been fined 5500 bucks for throwing the ball into the stands. Geezus :roll:
I knew the fine would be coming, but that is pretty steep, $5500

ZagHawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":u9sie67v said:
ZagHawk":u9sie67v said:
Hawkboi":u9sie67v said:

Leave britney alone

So you defend Brady and Belichick for lying to the media but bash Lynch for trolling them, go back to the webzone where you belong.

When have I ever defended Brady and Belichick? don't put words in my mouth. And last I checked we're not supposed to attack other posters here. I'm all for punishment for Brady and Belichick, but i want that investigation to complete first and I don't want anything to happen that would put an asterik on the Seahawks potential SB repeat. I'm a hawk fan like most on here and I choose not to worship everything Marshawn does/says or does not do/say just because he plays for our team.

Side note: Seahawks are returning to the SB. I don't want Marshawn to do or say something that will hurt the team in the game and/or result in some other fine right before it that pisses him off to the point where he just chooses NOT to play. It's sad that I actually have that concern.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RunTheBall":8rgevzeq said:
Crotch grab for split second / no talkie to media, = big fines. Cheat and lie about it.... nothing. The NFL protects legacy franchises, it's so blatantly obvious.

I don't see how the Patriots are a legacy franchise. They were as irrelevant as we were 15 years ago. I will say that the NFL will protect it's Golden Boy QBs in Brady and P. Manning, and sucking up to one of the more well known owners in Robert Kraft.

I can see the NFL actually getting fed up with Bellichick and his thumbing his nose at the NFL rules. I think they're going to get squashed next year in fines and suspensions and lost draft picks.

Latest posts