REPORT: Darrell Bevell Fired

mistaowen

Reaction score
acctingman":2qgp4k6r said:
hawknation2018":2qgp4k6r said:
Pete is taking the gloves off. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Be afraid, rest of the NFL. Be very afraid.

LOL

Yea, teams are afraid of the Hawks and that aging D and the paper thin O-Line :sarcasm_on:

Seahawks are still one of the younger teams in the league and finally put money back into the o-line. But yeah, sweet talking points. Awesome LOL too btw.

Edit - just checked your posts. You predicted the Cowboys to win 40-10 and almost every post is 'this team sucks'. Good stuff.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Rob12":3f2rzbv1 said:
I don’t post here at all anymore really but I think it’s chickenshit to shovel dirt onto his grave. It was time for change - for both sides - but reading this thread makes me think that some people here genuinely hate the man. Let’s all forget that he helped orchestrate a 35 point thrashing of the Broncos in SB 48. He helped develop Russell Wilson, a 3rd round pick, into an elite talent at the QB position. That’s rare. He was our OC overseeing some of the most prolific Seahawk offenses of all-time. And by all accounts, he’s a good man. I’m glad that the Seahawks are making a much needed change but I, for one at least, appreciate the hell out of what he accomplished here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI ....He didn’t die.... just got fired.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":2mpmguju said:
You mean we are going to have more than one play call in 2018?!?!?!

Wilson: “You mean you want me to do something other than scramble around in circles like a chicken with it’s head cut off until my receivers are able to get open on a broken play?”
If the passing game looks the same then you know Russ is the problem.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Why are people blaming Bevell for the pass that shall not be mentioned? Butler made a great play..

mistaowen

Reaction score
Hawker8989":nyu0ms4s said:
Why are people blaming Bevell for the pass that shall not be mentioned? Butler made a great play..

Because it made zero sense to call a pick play against Brandon Browner using your special teams gunner into the middle of the endzone. If they wanted to pass it should have been to the corners and only give the WR's a chance to catch it.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Butler doesn't make a great play if Bevell calls the correct play and gives Lynch at least one chance at. Remember, we had one time out.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":35qste9c said:
Hawker8989":35qste9c said:

Because it made zero sense to call a pick play against Brandon Browner using your special teams gunner into the middle of the endzone. If they wanted to pass it should have been to the corners and only give the WR's a chance to catch it.

Or a bootleg to the right where you can pass for a TD, run for a TD, or throw it away. It wasn't 4th down, and there was time left on the clock. Idiot call for the ages.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
IT HAPPENED IT HAPPENED!!!!!!#!!!!

Now watch them hire Cable or Sark and make me want Bevell back

acctingman

Reaction score
mistaowen":2fdpyidi said:
acctingman":2fdpyidi said:
hawknation2018":2fdpyidi said:
Pete is taking the gloves off. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Be afraid, rest of the NFL. Be very afraid.

LOL

Yea, teams are afraid of the Hawks and that aging D and the paper thin O-Line :sarcasm_on:

Seahawks are still one of the younger teams in the league and finally put money back into the o-line. But yeah, sweet talking points. Awesome LOL too btw.

Edit - just checked your posts. You predicted the Cowboys to win 40-10 and almost every post is 'this team sucks'. Good stuff.

Stalker :p

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2slkx1v5 said:
IT HAPPENED IT HAPPENED!!!!!!#!!!!

Now watch them hire Cable or Sark and make me want Bevell back

I am more concerned about Cable getting fired than Bevell. Please get rid of Cable as well.
I wonder if this will have a "motivational"impact on the Defensive side of the ball.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
FANTASTIC!

First good move in a few years! Now I can follow the team again.

Bye BEVELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Bevell was the first problem before any of this Cable talk, not sure why the focus has shifted solely on Cable. Cable runs an old zone system that no longer works here, it's as simple as him changing to man to man.

Bevell was the deeper problem as playcalling dictates how every game goes, it was time to move on from him 2-3 years ago, but I'll settle for it now.

It was extremely painful for me to see Pete Carroll blowing hot air at the fans during his end of season press conference, not sure what that tactic was.

Either way, it's a great day to be a Seahawk!

nanomoz

Reaction score
Thanks for the good times, Bev. But it's time to try another direction.