Rawls to IR

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
ZornwasaleftY":1l3z263h said:
Bevell should have called a pass on that play. Really, he should have.

LOL.

Dammit, if Marsh wasn't called for that offside, it would have changed the entire course of events and this would NOT have happened.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The way the OL has been blocking the past few weeks, I believe C-Mike would be solid behind the line. They were opening some nice holes for Rawls today. C-Mike with his speed may have success as well.

MTHawk1

Reaction score
Greenhell":79walwm1 said:
Why not convert Coleman from fb to rb. He appears to hit the hole with speed. Ware was a fb and has converted well.

I believe Coleman was a rb in college, and was converted to fb by the Hawks. He is the emergency rb now, maybe an option.

FanSince82

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3569rlui said:
FanSince82":3569rlui said:
Injuries are casting a dark cloud over the season. Two season enders to two of our three most important offensive players.

To hell with football

Yeah, but everyone is suffering key injuries. We've been pretty fortunate past few years not to have had many key injuries.

Bengals just lost Dalton, Cowboys lost Romo, Steelers lost LeVeon Bell, Chiefs lost Charles.
True. It's just more painful because this guy is an undafted rook who was about to make a name for himself in a SB run.

Total gut punch to find a gem like him and lose him 4 weeks after his breakout

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
ZornwasaleftY":1liavaxj said:
Bevell should have called a pass on that play. Really, he should have.

Right after the handoff, my wife, who is slowly becoming less than clueless regarding football in general, shouted,

"Noooo, why did they hand it to him AGAIN?!"

I just winced...

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, that sucks. These guys have been thru hell! I think we've come a long ways with what we got and I'd let the team stand as it is and get it done. Their playing so damn good, we don't need a last minute outsider. Put it in the player's lap and let them prove themselves. I think they can do it!

drdiags

Reaction score
Tough chain of events leading to Rawls breaking his ankle but the end result was when he got turned around. That led to the awkward tackle. Dude is usually so close to the ground leaning forward you figure he would be able to hold up.

Rotten luck all around.

jkitsune

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/brockespn/status/676466395618500609[/tweet]

No sourced information yet, but if true that's a huge relief.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The anger and sadness. The anger and sadness are boiling in me. He really could have had a chance at snatching ROY away from Gurley (et. al.) if he'd kept up his recent pace.

Thank heavens Lynch might be back in time for the playoffs.

Is that hybrid FB/RB from Purdue still around? I (and a lot of the more knowledgeable draftniks in these parts) were pretty high on him. Brandon Cottam (I think)?

Hawks46

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":3u9ebnqb said:
Cartire":3u9ebnqb said:
RobDaHawk":3u9ebnqb said:
Unless Beast looks like his old self when he comes back........I don't see how we make it to the Superb Owl again.

Russell Wilson.

I obviously agree he's playing amazing right now, but with no run game???? Im just not sure we can telecast we are throwing play after play and yet still be successful. I guess we will find out.

I imagine it's going to look like the last part of the Baltimore game. It's not like the Ravens went "oh crap, here comes Dujuan Harris. we need to stack the box on this guy!".

The thing is, watching that game, I still saw DuJuan be effective. We still picked up 1st downs on the ground. He's not going to gash people like Rawls did, but our run game can still be effective. We could also give Jackson 10-12 carries a game. He'd make the run game go.

Seriously, the way Wilson is playing, if the OL gives him a pocket, we're going to win games. He's playing historically great. He's Brady and Peyton Manning in their primes the last 4 games. With athleticism.

It all comes down to when Lynch comes back, and I'd bet that the coaching staff won't rush Lynch back to save him for the playoffs. We could beat Cleveland at home with me at RB. That gives us another week.

marko358

Reaction score
Hawks46":29fuyoo9 said:
The thing is, watching that game, I still saw DuJuan be effective.

We must have watched different games. HE looked absolutely terrible IMO. What was he averaging, 2 yards per carry?

Cartire

Reaction score
marko358":1yidw00o said:
Hawks46":1yidw00o said:
The thing is, watching that game, I still saw DuJuan be effective.

We must have watched different games. HE looked absolutely terrible IMO. What was he averaging, 2 yards per carry?

He was horrible. Missed reads constantly. Reads that you know Rawls makes. It felt like every time there was a tackle run, he always ran into the block. A extremely egregious one had was shown in fine detail where he should have hit it out and had green for days.