Random Musings: Pro Bowl Games

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Now let me begin by saying I realize there is another thread about the Pro Bowl. I participated in it myself. You can find it here:

I just felt after watching the entirety of the 2022/3 Pro Bowl Games tonight I felt I could offer my random musings if you are so inclined to entertain my thoughts.

If so, here we have it:

-- I wonder who the men and women are who sit around and discuss the intricacies and logistics of the new format Pro Bowl and how they come to the conclusion that a water balloon toss would be entertaining and compelling to anyone over the age of 6.

-- Kick Tak Toe hurt my soul. It was That. Bad.

-- In the final WR challenge, I humbly submit my 54-year-old fat ass would have given more effort than Steffon Diggs did. At least Pete Davidson's "69" score was rousing and mildly funny for a few seconds, especially when that big man on ESPN kept saying on air how this was a "family show" or whatever. Over and over. Meanwhile Mr ESPN big man you are buying right into his bit.

-- Here's what I think might be a microcosm of what we saw today. My daughter and I sat down, my daughter says "Wait,this isn't a regular football game in pads and helmets?" "Um, no dear. The NFL announced earlier this past season the Pro Bowl would be reimagined and be a flag football game." Her: "WAIT!! WHAT?!?!?!" Sigh. Kids. So I had to spend the first 20 minutes calming her down saying how embarrassing this whole thing was for the league until, until...Wait..."Ohhhh, that was a cool play...OH! Wow that just happened!??"

--
So we went from skeptical even cynical to thinking, wait, this was entertaining! And it actually was. I loved watching the human nature of the beginning where most players barely jogged, giving a crap, to once the game was on the line ALL of their competitive natures flooded their blood streams in full force. THAT is when it became a valuable experience for viewers. In the end, they compelled me to keep watching and yes Maximus, I WAS entertained!

-- Here's the graphic designer in me part. The uniforms were horrific. Literally garbage. Outside of differentiating between the two conferences using all red and all dark black/blue it was a crap show. First impression? Let the players wear their respective teams helmets! You need to have SOME clear allegiance identifier for fans. Whomever thought the way to go was offering the team logo in some slight silver team logo offering on the left shoulder area was good enough needs to be fired. Give me a break. Talk about tone deaf. Fans want to still connect with their teams even if it's a "fun post season offering". The NFL failed mightily in this department. Design better uniforms that celebrate both the AFC and NFC while retaining the individuality of each participating player's teams. DUH!

-- One of my favorite takeaways was watching the players and coaches so relaxed and smiley in the beginning until stuff got real and the smiles faded and it was all business. What I totally expected and received. I think there is real hope for flag football in the Pro Bowl moving forward.

I never thought I would say that but it's true. Was I entertained?!?

I WAS!

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Youre a really good written Reviewer of more than just Seahawks football, Aros.

The flag football games this year were At least competitive And real. Precision passing however is the only contest I would keep. Oline and dlinemen pulling sleds is not what They do. Kick tac toe is diametrically not. Even the longsnappers who Managed to score most points in it pointed out they’d actually be fired for making snaps like that a real game.

PlAyers ineligible for flag games should just play a golf tournament the day before.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Regarding the uniforms part, just have the team insignia right over the numbers As helmets aren’t used.

The nfl foundation pledging to team and player charities would provide both with a lot more incentive. It would also point to more Free pub for charity.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
Thank you Flag Football referee for messing up at the end of the 3rd game and ruining the script. It was the same as when the Washington Generals won a game in the last second.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Say it ain't so! Even the flag football games are rigged!

But I have to ask. To what end?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Geno was clearly the MVP of the game, easily the best overall performer with 5 TDs. Yet, let's give the MVP to Cousins with two less TDs. Gotta hand it to the NFL, they don't even try to hide their bias.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My daughter, who makes me look like I am living in the Sumerian era by comparison when it comes to social media said that the NFL didn't show a single photo/tweet or highlight from any Seahawk at all yesterday. Including Geno Smith who literally outperformed any other player in all 3 flag football games yesterday.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
My daughter, who makes me look like I am living in the Sumerian era by comparison when it comes to social media said that the NFL didn't show a single photo/tweet or highlight from any Seahawk at all yesterday. Including Geno Smith who literally outperformed any other player in all 3 flag football games yesterday.

View attachment 57192

Well there is this.

Latest posts