Rams @ Hawks

rjdriver

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3nltoy8u said:
Alice fix your damn avatar.

This.

And preferably something sexy and not that red hood thing you had.

If I have to read posts about how awesome the Rams are, I should at least get turned on.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Aros":2zrpaj3f said:
Ramfan128":2zrpaj3f said:
Across the board comparing rosters, there's not a player I would trade for on the Seahawks except for Wagner and possibly Clark with our edge rushers disappointing.

First off, great post from a rival fan. However, I can't pass this up. Goff is the shiny new toy (relatively speaking) and having a tremendous start to this season no question but if you point a gun at my family and tell me their lives are dependent on my choice of who is going to be the better QB between Goff and Wilson over the next four years I am saying Russell Wilson without flinching.

McDougald is also better than any safety they have. Kendricks would also start on the Rams defense.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Rams opponents, not including the games they faced the Rams, are 4-7-1 this year. The Rams have also played 3 home games. The Seahawks opponents, assuming Denver hangs on to beat KC, are 6-6 this year. The Seahawks have played 1 home game.

Take that for what it’s worth.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12yyn0az said:
I already said today I was wrong on Goff. Try and keep up. What's entertaining is hearing Debbie Downer assume the worst every single game, every single thread. I feel bad for you really, have a coke and a smile.

it's
you're

Pitt makes Kingdome Karlissimo look like Will Rogers. Geezus...try the decaf my man.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Anybody remember the last time the Hawks were underdogs by more than 7 points at home? I'll give you a hint, it was a playoff game against the Saints and there were plenty of Hawks fans at the time who were upset we were in the playoffs and ruining our draft pick.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3vrz5n8g said:
Your one of those that feels the Seahawks gave the Panthers a good fight in the 2015 playoffs when they were up 31-0 arent you?

Um, the fact we came back and nearly beat them from being down that much is not only historic but a bad example for you to use as a case of misplaced fan loyalty. That game was a frustrating few points from being talked about as one of the best comebacks in NFL playoff history.

JRobinson

Reaction score
Steve2222":rglh0r3m said:
adeltaY":rglh0r3m said:
Joyner is better than McDougald and Johnson is about the same but younger

Disagree

It’s definitely debatable. Sure, your guy has3 pass deflections coupled with a of tackles. A lot of those tackles are due to y’all inability to stop the run (27th in the league). I will tell you that our safeties are very solid players, both of them.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Aros":3jm2m5s0 said:
Ramfan128":3jm2m5s0 said:
Across the board comparing rosters, there's not a player I would trade for on the Seahawks except for Wagner and possibly Clark with our edge rushers disappointing.

First off, great post from a rival fan. However, I can't pass this up. Goff is the shiny new toy (relatively speaking) and having a tremendous start to this season no question but if you point a gun at my family and tell me their lives are dependent on my choice of who is going to be the better QB between Goff and Wilson over the next four years I am saying Russell Wilson without flinching.

I get that. If I were a Seahawks fan I know I'd say the exact same thing.

Issue is, the best offensive talent that Wilson was ever surrounded with was a comparable running back, but just a league average OL and league average WRs (maybe slightly above average). But comparing Wilson's best cast to Goff's current cast, it's not close. So how do you compare QBs in that situation? I've been fairly hard on Goff compared to most Rams fans, but what I saw on Thursday still has me in a little bit of awe - not the numbers. The game Trubisky had on Sunday was similar to Goff's year last season - open WR after open WR - and he had a great year statistically. But what Goff did on Thursday....I'm not sure that I've ever seen a QB so accurate for an entire game (and indeed, it was the most pass attempts in NFL history to have a perfect passer rating).

I believe Goff will be better than Wilson in the next four years - not necessarily because of their individual skills, but because Goff is surrounded by a coach and skill players that will help get them there. But right now it's definitely hard to judge given the stark differences in supporting casts.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Steve2222":1apvj2mu said:
Aros":1apvj2mu said:
Ramfan128":1apvj2mu said:

McDougald is also better than any safety they have. Kendricks would also start on the Rams defense.

With Barron healthy, Kendricks would not start. Wagner would though for sure obviously.

Joyner and Johnson were VERY good last year and might be the best safety tandem in the NFL. They both rated very highly with PFF and despite the Rams having just average CBs last year, we had one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. With Joyner I thought that was now common knowledge - John Johnson is just a second year player and not yet a household name but he's playing arguably better than Joyner right now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great reading. Go Hawks. We will agree to disagree and argue about everything Pitt. I'm ok with that. It's just a message board. If you're ever in Seattle, I'll gladly buy you a beer :irishdrinkers:
It's not personal, just talking football.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2gkl9dnj said:
Great reading. Go Hawks. We will agree to disagree and argue about everything Pitt. I'm ok with that. It's just a message board. If you're ever in Seattle, I'll gladly buy you a beer :irishdrinkers:
It's not personal, just talking football.

Never personal Soul. Yeah we jaw at each other on the internet, big deal. We both want the team to do well, but we look at things differently. Next time i'm in Seattle i'll look you up and i'll buy the second round.

:irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I miss the Ram Rules, back then they really sucked. Not so much this year.

On a side note, I did have a lot of coffee yesterday, and I'm all wired about the London trip next week, so there is that :lol:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1047203110114840577[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1047202747156713472[/tweet]

Ramfan128

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":927gxk4r said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1047203110114840577[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1047202747156713472[/tweet]

McVay said yesterday that Zuerlein might be ready to go Sunday, but this probably means he won't be. Bummer.

aawolf

Reaction score
Early spread is the Rams -7.5.

If I were a betting man, I'd take the Seahawks against the spread. We might not win, but we will be in it with an opportunity to win at the end. That may just be the fan in me, because without Earl Thomas, I'm afraid that our secondary will not be able to contain the receivers of the Rams. Goff found the ability to throw the deep ball this past year and without Earl its going to be hard for us to defend. However, RW keeps games close even when we are not favored. Over a touchdown is always too many points to take against him.

Latest posts