PRich needs to be an offseason priority

mrt144

Reaction score
mikeak":1kchsknc said:
I can't complain that someone is calling people idiots and then follow that up with calling people idiots so I am not going to say that about anybody.......

but seriously some people's post lack all football knowledge. Crazy talk about one of our best receivers this year - he would be a superstar on any pass heavy team

And even if he wasn't a superstar and just had his volume stats rise with more balls thrown his way, like Tate, that would be a bad thing to hold onto.

rossob

Reaction score
xgeoff":w8r02c5c said:
Seymour":w8r02c5c said:
xgeoff":w8r02c5c said:
I love that he's having a good year, but he has no game speed, has trouble creating separation and drops passes too often. Has he made some good plays? Yes. Do I want us to spend more than $4 mil/yr to keep him? NO!

What?
He is the fastest guy on the team and is regularly open. And drops....? Guess again.

AgentDib":w8r02c5c said:
Whatever you think about PRich, you should know his efficiency this year has been outstanding.

He is averaging 10.4 yards per target, his drop yesterday was his only drop in 56 targets (1/56 =1.8%) and 52% of the passes thrown to him this season have resulted in first downs. There are receivers who get thrown at more often but very few who have done more per target.

Unfortunately, he's going to be a fully unrestricted FA and so it's unlikely that we'll be able to afford him. One of the 31 other teams is going to pay him based on his efficiency and plan to give him 160+ targets.

There is a difference between track speed and game speed. He has amazing track speed. This guy has no game speed. He dropped two passes yesterday, and though I'm sure his efficiency rating is great, it all flies in the face of a few things:

-- lack of game speed
-- lack of separation on routes

Frankly I would take David Moore or Kasen Williams over him (not Amari Darbo though). Let's circle back next year and see how he does on another team. After all, I wasn't impressed with Jermaine Kearse and he's having a great year with the Jets.

You would take Kasen Williams who didn't even make it onto the roster of the Browns over Richardson? Why in the world would you do that?

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":2dvwsg51 said:
mikeak":2dvwsg51 said:
chris98251":2dvwsg51 said:
Idiots that think he is a sack artist are morons .

uncalled for

Agree, no idiots here. Nobody even mentioned sacks (or lack of) here. Weird post.

Guess you have blinders on to the other threads condemning Richardson for not having enough sacks so he should be cut.

Smellyman

Reaction score
xgeoff":369s53qv said:
SoulfishHawk":369s53qv said:
He doesn't have game speed? Can't get separation? Drops too many???? :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Correct. Doesn't have game speed, doesn't get separation. Drops are debatable, but I saw two big ones yesterday.

xgeoff is kinda right. He is a 'speed' guy. As Seymour said, he is the fastest guy on the team.

When have you seen the separation? Chunk yards after a catch? I thought he was going to bust one recently with his speed after a catch, but a linebacker caught him. He doesn't seem to be explosive. Perhaps 3 knee surgeries and other issues have sapped some of his twitch.