PRich needs to be an offseason priority

Seymour

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, Richardson is just an upper end complemental player as well. He is over rated and definitely not a top 5 player at DT. He wasn't even a top 2 player on his former team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thx for posting that, not surprised at all. He truly is a guy who RARELY drops the ball. He plays a lot bigger than he is, just like Baldwin.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
He has to be resigned. PRich brings offensive talent to the table. We're more than happy to lock down every defender on the roster to huge deals but let the offensive struggle with plug and play players, quick trades, or just hope that dime store Free Agents can get the job done. We let Tate walk and he was good talent, I think if he was still on the team lined up with Baldwin we'd be looking at a different Offense.

Don't make the same mistake and don't continue to toss nickles to the Offense and think they'll perform the same.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":2l481mqn said:
seahawkfreak":2l481mqn said:
Well he really didn't do anything last year so I can see how someone might think he didn't play.

Here is "nothing" for you. And he made a couple of these last year.
Probably just the top 3 all time best Seahawks catch ever.

[youtube]uHCe5P-ULcQ[/youtube]

My opinion was based on his production last year. I wasn't impugning his ability or implying that his stats were necessarily his fault. He had 21 receptions for 288 yards and 1 TD last year. I wouldn't call that "balling out".

Seymour

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2tvx0hj1 said:
My opinion was based on his production last year. I wasn't impugning his ability or implying that his stats were necessarily his fault. He had 21 receptions for 288 yards and 1 TD last year. I wouldn't call that "balling out".

Last year he was somewhere between balling out and nothing is my point.

Clearly capable of more also.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":2p3azebe said:
seahawkfreak":2p3azebe said:

Last year he was somewhere between balling out and nothing is my point.

Clearly capable of more also.

Agreed.

chris98251

Reaction score
P Rich has guys that can take his spot and step up, Richardson does not, he is not paid to make sacks, he is paid to keep guys tied up and not get to the Linebackers as well as shut down the run game. Idiots that think he is a sack artist are morons and really do not understand his true roll, occasionally he can get to the QB, that is not his first priority. Wagner is having a great year, why do you think that is? It's because he can play down hill and not be tied up with Lineman. Also the push Richardson gets helps our secondary, Naz and Jefferson and the rest of the Dline profit form teams having to use two guys on Richardson, again not what he does in the stat line but what he does to allow others to get stats.

Prich has played great, but we have guys that can run and catch, Lockett should be back to form by next season, Darboh will have a year under his belt, Moore was just promoted because they didn't want to lose him, McKissic could move to more a WR roll as well. We have the bodies there if Prich wants the dollars. Brown you have to sign, Joekel your invested in and for continuity sake may want to keep him. We are looking at a complete overhaul of the RB group minus Carson, we don't know what were going to have when he comes back, The guy that was playing before injury or a Rawls type player who has trust issues with his blocking or his own body. It may take another half or full season without further injury for him to find himself again.

Graham, we have his replacement already in McEvoy as the WR target and Vannett as more a blocking TE, Swoopes on the PS. The one year signing of Willson is the other. Sure none have Grahams history (in N.O.) but they have not had the reps Jimmy has either.

The RB group and O line is this teams biggest conundrum, Invest and keep the pieces that have proved themselves together or, Britt, Brown, Joekel, future in Pocic with strength and weight added, Fant when he comes back and Ifedi it appears. We also have Roos and Glow( Glamorous Ladies of Wrestling) as Guard back ups right now, we have seen little of Roos but Glow has not been impressive as of yet and has lost his starting job twice now I think.

At RB, we have Davis, he will be gone, we have Lacy, he will be gone, we have Rawls presently in the Dog House it seems and if we have any real competition probably will be gone if get can't stop the wheels spinning in his head long enough to get his feet moving. Prosise in the China Cabinet, I know we will keep him but he is not a durable player and is a toy we use sometimes at this point. McKissic is our most valuable RB now and we have to sign this kid to some kind of extension, should not be a costly signing, but he has shown the rest of the league he is a weapon now. So on paper we have McKissic, Rawls, Carson, and Prosise nest year to start with, three guys that have injury issues to come back from, I include Rawls in that since he was still nursing stuff and has yet to find his groove again if he ever will. and McKissic who is a third down guy and KR that has been more durable then expected.

Our D line with Avril disc surgery, our Safety with Kam now out for the season and our CB in Sherman Achilles tear are all high dollar guys as well on the tail end of a career, this is where our biggest dollar recovery will be if you throw Lacy and Graham into the mix. This is also where the hardest and most impactful cuts will be and with the exception of Lacy, also where the most hand wringing from fans will come from.

McDougald could also fall into this mix, in my mind we need to resign him and Coleman.

Lane, Maxwell, who knows, Lane was shown the door politely in a trade, Maxwell is ageing and we have Shaq and Thorpe. Also some players stashed on PS.

Hill and Thompson are in the wings at Safety as well, there will be a shale up here I am sure, which and who stays is going to be interesting.

chris98251

Reaction score
mikeak":2uol5s8j said:
chris98251":2uol5s8j said:
Idiots that think he is a sack artist are morons .

uncalled for

Are you one of the idiots or morons? They are, and I stand by what I said, they want fantasy stats yet don't understand what's happening. I did not call out a specific person just their general opinions.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I love that he's having a good year, but he has no game speed, has trouble creating separation and drops passes too often. Has he made some good plays? Yes. Do I want us to spend more than $4 mil/yr to keep him? NO!

Seymour

Reaction score
xgeoff":73df6k7e said:
I love that he's having a good year, but he has no game speed, has trouble creating separation and drops passes too often. Has he made some good plays? Yes. Do I want us to spend more than $4 mil/yr to keep him? NO!

What?
He is the fastest guy on the team and is regularly open. And drops....? Guess again.

AgentDib":73df6k7e said:
Whatever you think about PRich, you should know his efficiency this year has been outstanding.

He is averaging 10.4 yards per target, his drop yesterday was his only drop in 56 targets (1/56 =1.8%) and 52% of the passes thrown to him this season have resulted in first downs. There are receivers who get thrown at more often but very few who have done more per target.

Unfortunately, he's going to be a fully unrestricted FA and so it's unlikely that we'll be able to afford him. One of the 31 other teams is going to pay him based on his efficiency and plan to give him 160+ targets.

mikeak

Reaction score
chris98251":1prni2jf said:
mikeak":1prni2jf said:
chris98251":1prni2jf said:

uncalled for

Are you one of the idiots or morons? They are, and I stand by what I said, they want fantasy stats yet don't understand what's happening. I did not call out a specific person just their general opinions.

Nope not one of them I just ignored the rest of what otherwise was probably a good post (yours normally are). We are all for Seahawks winning and can disagree in a nice manner on how that is best achieved.

I do believe resigning Sheldon Richardson is a priority and will come at cost of Avril this offseason.

I do think P-Rich whom I have stated from rookie season is a great WR will be let go (upside we got some nice comp picks coming which is probably why we have traded future draft picks). We have a few WRs that will be able to pick up the slack with a year under their belt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xgeoff":oeteq5bu said:

Is there a full moon tonight?

Some of the worst hot takes I've seen in a while today on the forum.

You can criticize Paul's health or his sporadic production over the past three years..............but you can't criticize his speed or drops. He's LITERALLY the fastest player on the team, and has one drop in like his past 50 targets.

Seymour

Reaction score
mikeak":nk8ixs9y said:
chris98251":nk8ixs9y said:

uncalled for

Agree, no idiots here. Nobody even mentioned sacks (or lack of) here. Weird post.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Seymour":1i43drvn said:
xgeoff":1i43drvn said:

What?
He is the fastest guy on the team and is regularly open. And drops....? Guess again.

AgentDib":1i43drvn said:
Whatever you think about PRich, you should know his efficiency this year has been outstanding.

He is averaging 10.4 yards per target, his drop yesterday was his only drop in 56 targets (1/56 =1.8%) and 52% of the passes thrown to him this season have resulted in first downs. There are receivers who get thrown at more often but very few who have done more per target.

Unfortunately, he's going to be a fully unrestricted FA and so it's unlikely that we'll be able to afford him. One of the 31 other teams is going to pay him based on his efficiency and plan to give him 160+ targets.

There is a difference between track speed and game speed. He has amazing track speed. This guy has no game speed. He dropped two passes yesterday, and though I'm sure his efficiency rating is great, it all flies in the face of a few things:

-- lack of game speed
-- lack of separation on routes

Frankly I would take David Moore or Kasen Williams over him (not Amari Darbo though). Let's circle back next year and see how he does on another team. After all, I wasn't impressed with Jermaine Kearse and he's having a great year with the Jets.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":253ist26 said:
xgeoff":253ist26 said:

Is there a full moon tonight?

Some of the worst hot takes I've seen in a while today on the forum.

You can criticize Paul's health or his sporadic production over the past three years..............but you can't criticize his speed or drops. He's LITERALLY the fastest player on the team, and has one drop in like his past 50 targets.

I absolutely can criticize his lack of speed and separation. His 40 time doesn't mean crap. He gets no separation and his game speed is underwhelming. Look at Cooper Kupp. He ran a 4.62 but his game speed and the separation he achieves is light years ahead of Paul Richardson. LIGHT YEARS!

And I saw two drops in the game yesterday. Does his one drop include the Niners game? I don't think it does. The guy is having a good year, I'm glad for him. I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on the guy.

xgeoff

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":37gpimfd said:
He doesn't have game speed? Can't get separation? Drops too many???? :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Correct. Doesn't have game speed, doesn't get separation. Drops are debatable, but I saw two big ones yesterday.

mikeak

Reaction score
I can't complain that someone is calling people idiots and then follow that up with calling people idiots so I am not going to say that about anybody.......

but seriously some people's post lack all football knowledge. Crazy talk about one of our best receivers this year - he would be a superstar on any pass heavy team