Preseason week 3, gonna be a battle...

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":1uf36vk6 said:
I think we have way too many guys that rely on fire to play well to make the preseason interesting.

I agree. Unfortunately, that's what you get sometimes when you draft for 'grit,' something they've particularly emphasized the past 3 drafts.

Largent80":1uf36vk6 said:
Hopefully it will be fun to watch because so far this pre season has the last drive of the Chiefs game worth watching and nothing else.

It's been a brutal preseason so far for sure, though in fairness there have been some major silver linings, such as the performance of the OL and a couple of our RBs. Jarran Reed was living up to his draft hype before he hurt his toe, and Vannett looked solid. Frank Clark is steadily progressing in his new role. Boykin looks like he might be the answer at backup QB for the next 4 years.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
TwistedHusky":hbewwc4p said:
Week 3, what will matter to me is the 1s vs 1s. Don't care about the final score, but I absolutely care about the score starters vs starters.

The problem with preseason games is that it doesn't play to our style. It's all about second half adjustments and winning in the 4th quarter. This may be hyperbole but I feel like other teams like to script the first few drives of the game to score and build a lead while our first few drives tend to "feel out" how the other team is going to play us and start wearing them down. When the starters don't play the second half, it's hard to really gauge how well this offense will come together.

If the starters score zero in the first half, I'll be slightly worried. If we come out after half and put together a TD drive on our first possession, I'll be mollified.

Honestly, my biggest concern is that our OTs look TOO good against Dallas and their dearth of line talent and then crap the bed week 1 and 2.

dogorama

Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing their rookie QB Dak Prescott play. This kid is completing 81% of his passes in the first two games. If he turns out to be the real deal look for the 'boys to be a contender for many years.

Hopefully, the LOB can throw him some welcome-to-the-NotForLong plays to bring him back down to Earth. :0190l:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This game should provide some great film for our coaches to evaluate where the team stands. I'm really please with the opponent we have to be honest, win or lose.

kf3339

Reaction score
I would like to see our starting offense score at least one first half TD, and our defense hold them to no TD's as well.

Since the 1st teams will be going it is a good test for us!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkFan72":33ofwi0g said:
This game should provide some great film for our coaches to evaluate where the team stands. I'm really please with the opponent we have to be honest, win or lose.

....and Russ better look a lot sharper than he did last week! I want to see three TD's in the first half!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
"Dallaaaass in wonderland." We'll kick their girly little booties.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1qb40p0o said:
"Dallaaaass in wonderland." We'll kick their girly little booties.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Thought they were going to the Emerald City. Obviously looking for heart, brains, courage, and Toto. Dont bark at them too loud Toto. LOL

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd like to see our OL completely dominate their DL in the run game. Dallas doesn't have the best pass rush, so I look for us to have a good game there as well, which means Russ better be sharp against their soft secondary.

This is a good game for the WRs to show what they can do. If you want to make a roster spot, this is the game to do it.

Like others have said, I'm curious how the DL looks against their OL.

I'm also looking to see how we handle the TE in this game, as Romo likes to throw there. Since this is a dress rehearsal, Dallas will work it. Specifically, I'm also watching the SAM position and how they can cover Whitten if the get caught in coverage.

Other than that, I'm not as worried as most about the what we've seen this preseason. It would be nice to see the penalties cleaned up, but generally I'm looking to see OL progression through every game, as that was my biggest worry. Not too worried about the defense yet, as we haven't seen Bennett, Kam, or Browner in his new role at all. I'm looking for specific players on the DL to improve, but when Bennett plays, he does what he does and it makes a big difference.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Yeah, Witten needs his snot box rocked early & often.. I can't believe such a blatant, glaring weakness from last season has carried over into the preseason. My mind is telling me that Pete & Kris are playing some convoluted game of chicken, for some unknown reason. And I know Bam Bam has been in street clothes for the previous 2 games, but still.

I think CMike puts our first 6 on the board w/ a nice 15+ yarder

Latest posts