Predict Geno's 2022 Stat Line

toffee

Reaction score
Why?

Same Jags team almost beat the eventual AFC Champion Bengals. Don't get to do the whole "remove every stat that isn't against the best teams ever" argument. Makes no sense.
Sometimes, I wonder if we all watched the same games. or Folks just stay with whatever narratives the media was pushing. By all account, Geno had a pretty ok if not good 3.5 games in 2021 replacing Wilson, good enough for Russ to rush back and just to be shutout and made an azz out of himself and Pete.

W

Welshers

In what way is this funny?

If you think it's too good, why not reply to the other estimates that are significantly better than mine?
I actually respect your commitment to Geno! It honestly cracks me up. Those stats seem achievable I suppose. Hopefully our new line can help him suffer less than 47 sacks. That's top 5 in the league each of the last few years.

keasley45

Reaction score
3700 yards, 63%, 22 tds, 14 Ints

Those are basically TJack's stats, stretched to 17 games, and boosted a smidge, given the weapons at Geno's disposal are far greater than what TJack ever had.

I dont think those numbers are at all unreasonable given the comparison.

keasley45

Reaction score
Why?

Same Jags team almost beat the eventual AFC Champion Bengals. Don't get to do the whole "remove every stat that isn't against the best teams ever" argument. Makes no sense.

It's funny, the recommendation is never made to substract the stats from the first 3 or 4 of 7 games in 2020 when we played cellar dweller defenses and got fat on stats.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I actually respect your commitment to Geno! It honestly cracks me up. Those stats seem achievable I suppose. Hopefully our new line can help him suffer less than 47 sacks. That's top 5 in the league each of the last few years.
I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. How is predicting a completely mediocre statline "commitment?"

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The hate is strong...

The stats you posted aren't crazy.
Somewhere between Heinicke and Wentz in a ball-control offense with two amazing receivers, seems pretty rational to me.
I have his YPA unrealistically low, though. If he starts the full season, he'll get about 500 attempts. Probably closer to 3400/3500 yards.

flv2

Reaction score
10 games started, 3-7 record
179 completions from 289 passing attempts, 2050 passing yards, 11 TDs, 10 INTs, 28 sacks for 202 yards lost,
Passer rating 81.52.
45 rushing attempts for 192 yards, 2 TDs, 6 total fumbles, 4 lost, QBR 43.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Assuming he plays all year and is considered to be decent to good (as any starter should be).

Completion % 59.0
Pass Yds 3000 (give or take, he's got some dudes that are going to get theirs).

TDs 21 Same as above.

INT 14 Give or take here as well. I could see him being conservative and lowering this number, or taking chances knowing this could be it as far as starting in the NFL is concerned. I say run with it.

Fumbles, sure there is some of that too.

Pretty basic, but that's the point. The team doesn't need a hero at QB this year.

GemCity

Reaction score
Hmm.

If he plays the full season:

3200 yards
69% completion
22 TD
3 rushing TD
9 INT
5 lost Fumbles
47 sacks
This is close to what I’d say but with 4 more INTs…..and 1 less TD

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Really looking forward to coming back to this thread.

Also, Geno wasn't that damn bad. He wasn't an all-pro in relief of Wilson... but this team wasn't exactly good with RW3.