POLL: Way Too Early Draft Grade

What would you give the Seahawks for a draft grade?

• A+

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • A-

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • B+

Votes: 50 44.2%
  • B-

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • C+

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • C-

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • D+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D-

• F

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Since it’s way too early I give them an A+. We have plenty of time to see if I’m right, wrong or somewhere in between.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Love the vote for D-. Hey Rams or 9ers fan! We see you!

Lol it was me. I voted D- because there's no such thing as a D-. A D- GPA would be less than 1.0, which is failing.

I really don't know how I feel about the draft. Give me two years.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
I went A-, some of the picks were amazing, but all of them have upside and are intriguing. Can't wait for preseason to watch them.

sutz

Reaction score
B+ Mainly because we addressed two of our biggest need areas early, which just happened to be players who were pretty close to BPA when we snagged them. Bit of Schneider luck there, but overall it looks like a pretty good sampling of players around the roster.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
A+

Our two biggest needs were addressed. You can never have too much depth or versatility along the O-Line and we may have a future Aaron Donald like talent finally on the D-Line. We also drafted one of our future MLB's as he can develop for a year under the two guys we signed in Free Agency. The TE we drafted created 36 missed tackles. This was second only to Brock Bowers. I also heard him described as a taller Will Dissly. We needed that as Pharaoh Brown Is a blocking TE. And the DB's. Great. The 49ers and Cardinals both added playmakers. It's better to make sure we have the right fit for Mike's system than go in empty handed when we face them!

This is a tremendous draft with lots of upside. We do need our QB of the future but I'm willing to give it another year as both Mike and John have mentioned they and the coaching staff needed to play catch up. It's better they spend a year identifying the right one together as a group than set the team back! Who knows Sam might show something if Geno regresses again?

GemCity

Reaction score
A-. I’m not feeling the DB choices as much but, definitely excited for how we addressed the trenches.

You can’t force anything…if it’s not there, it’s not there.

3 straight solid drafts imo!

Shane Falco

Reaction score
It's an A for me as well. Only time will tell, but getting a stud DT that has a chance to give us something we haven't had in years jacks this draft way up no matter what for me.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Picks IMO is a B+, everyone should be pleased.

LORD, help Ryan Grubb put it together. AMEN

WarHawks

Reaction score
Good draft, at least a B+. And even though our qb situation isn't ideal, it could be worse. We could be the Raiders, who are sticking with Gardnener Minshew.

gardener GIF

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I gave it a C+, but that's about what I expected. Needs were met and that's important, but a lot of the players drafted, I feel are just bodies thrown at those positions. Not excited about Knight, the CB's, or the TE, but I don't need to be. Hard to say what they are. Could be JAGS or could end up HOF's. Nobody knows. Bottom line is that it wasn't a fancy draft, but one made out of necessity.

At some point, the QB position needs to be addressed. Not this year, but soon. Being competitive enough for mid round picks isnt going to do it. A major trade or draft pick losses are coming in the near future.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
I went B- . I'm happy with them addressing the lines, but I'm really disappointed in the linebacker approach. I wanted a monster there.

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm with Aros, who the hell knows? Only time will tell. I personally am real high on Murphy, but I can't say with conviction that he'll be a Pro Bowl type player over the course of his career. I like the Haynes pick, but that's almost entirely from what I've read by draft prognosticators who are wrong all the time. As for the later rounds, I just don't know these players, outside of that TE from Michigan.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
B-. Murphy and Haynes carried this draft. Great picks and great values. The rest were pretty unimpressive, primarily the two 4th Rounders (Barnes and Pritchett), as they no doubt would've been in late Round 5 and 6.

Jac

Reaction score
B-. Murphy and Haynes carried this draft. Great picks and great values. The rest were pretty unimpressive, primarily the two 4th Rounders (Barnes and Pritchett), as they no doubt would've been in late Round 5 and 6.
We didn’t have a late fifth.

xray

Reaction score
Another 9-8 season would make this draft a C+ ; as an analogy . imo