Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Out mods suck

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • What is a Mod

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hey all, we recently added some new members to our moderator team and are looking for some honest and respectful feedback.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This poll is not really going to show much. You always have a small number of people who don't like certain moderators for a multitude of reasons (some may be actual issues while others are not). These people will always say that moderators suck. The majority on the board don't have clashes with the moderators and most will say they are fine. Neither are 100% accurate. The only way to actually handle issues between members and moderators is to go to each of them individually and see what the issue may be and judge for yourself.

Honestly, with this poll, every single vote should be for "could improve", because who can't improve? Nobody is perfect. Moderators who suck can improve, and moderators who are doing a great job can improve.

knownone

Reaction score
In a world where online communities are becoming increasingly vital to our daily lives, the role of the forum moderator has never been more crucial. These unsung heroes maintain order and civility in virtual spaces, ensuring that users feel safe and respected.

But as the demands of the job continue to grow, it has become clear that a new standard of excellence is required for those who seek to serve in this noble profession. And that standard is physical fitness.

From this day forward, I propose that all aspiring and current Seahawks.net moderators pass a rigorous physical fitness test before being eligible for duty. Only those who have proven their strength and commitment to excellence will be granted the privilege of serving as guardians of our online Seahawks community. The time has come for us to raise the bar and ensure that our moderators are mentally and physically prepared for the challenges that lie ahead.

But anyway, I voted that the mods are doing good.

Spohawks

Reaction score
There needs to be a true "Free for all" fourm. Anything goes. No mods needed, because it would have a self member regulating option to delete the thread.

A little button that once 30 members push...the thread goes away.

I don't think the riff raff would win that war, I think the regulars would do the right thing.

Back on topic...The Mods are doing an excellent job.

Mick063

Reaction score
I think the moderators do fairly well with respect to the act of moderation itself. The "policing" of the forums. I do, however, question a couple of them with respect to their opinions regarding the team. Regardless, two things can be true at the same time. A moderator can be good at moderation but have an arguably inaccurate perception of the Seahawks as an organization. I am only speaking with regard to the football related forums.

As far as politics go, this site isn't going to change anybody's mind. The internet algorithms are just too powerful of an influence to be countered with a site such as this. Not just this site, but any comparable site. Once you go down the rabbit hole, there is usually no coming back. It takes real life adversity, not forum chatter, to force people to rethink their political positions, and after COVID, I have come to realize that even adversity doesn't always work either. For example, in 1941 Pearl Harbor unified the nation toward a common goal. I absolutely do not believe that a similar act of war would yield similar results in 2023. I think it would just become another aspect of polarization and another valuable grift topic because our politics have devolved into brand building for the purpose of fund raising. Dissent for the sake of dissent and opposition for the sake of opposition have become brand building features. You can basically get rich from habitual opposition, whether there is merit to it or not. All you have to do is invoke emotional investment and the small dollar will roll in.

Last edited: