Playoff Machine Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcaido

Reaction score
Ok so i've been playing around with it for a bit & im just curious to why the Lions has the tie breaker over Seahawks?

Also who to root for this week!

Seahawks vs Cowgirls - Seahawks
Lambs vs Titans - Titans
Lions vs Bungles - Bungles

Saints vs Falcons - Saints
Panthers vs Bucs - Bucs

This would be nice as the Falcons & Panthers play each other the following week. So if they both lose this week, we get the final spot no matter who wins or loses, as long as Lions go 1-1. We just got to win out! Go Hawks!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Detroit has the better record when it comes to common opponents (They beat Green Bay, we did not)

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2wqplsgy said:
Detroit has the better record when it comes to common opponents (They beat Green Bay, we did not)

Hows it work if/when in this we make it scenario. they lose to GB in week 17?

adeltaY

Reaction score
If the lions lose to GB, they're out no matter what. The Falcons have nine wins and the tiebreaker over the Hawks, Cowboys, and Lions.

rossob

Reaction score
gowazzu02":rxpyvduj said:
Hasselbeck":rxpyvduj said:

Hows it work if/when in this we make it scenario. they lose to GB in week 17?
It's very unlikely that they lose to GB. Rodgers doesn't play and the Packers probably aren't as motivated since they can't get into the playoffs anymore.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
The following three things must happen in order for the Seahawks to make the playoffs (if the Rams win one of their remaining two games):

#1 The Seahawks must beat Dallas and Arizona. Duh.

#2 Detroit must lose to Cincinnati and/or Green Bay.

#3 Atlanta, New Orleans, OR Carolina loses its remaining two games.

Because it's more likely that Atlanta would lose at home to Carolina than it is for New Orleans to lose at TB, Seahawks fans should probably hope for the Saints to beat the Falcons.

So this weekend, in addition to rooting for a Seahawks victory, root for (1) Detroit to lose at Cincinnati, (2) Carolina to lose to Tampa Bay, and (3) Atlanta to lose to New Orleans. If all four of these things happen on Sunday, then a Seahawks victory over Arizona would be all we would need next week to secure a playoff spot. The Seahawks would essentially control their own destiny to the playoffs if those things happened.

The playoffs are unlikely, but there is still a slight glimmer of hope (about 10% chance at this moment).

P8Ej5gv

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Hawknation is absolutely correct

Root for the Lions, Panthers and Falcons to lose. We'll know if they do by the time our game comes at 4

If they do, we're GUARANTEED a playoff spot assuming we beat Arizona. Why? Because the Falcons and Panthers play each other in week 17. Loser goes home in that scenario

Saints can also get bumped out but, I just don't see em losing to the Bucs in week 17. Stranger things have happened

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Remember the year the Cards of all people teams pulled off a big upset at the end of the season? I believe it was over the Vikings, way back. That was crazy.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Oh and call me crazy. But I can definitely see the Rams losing to the Titans and the Jimmy G 49ers. Not likely though, but not impossible. Goff is gonna turn the ball over to at least one of those teams

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1w1ak6bi said:
Remember the year the Cards of all people teams pulled off a big upset at the end of the season? I believe it was over the Vikings, way back. That was crazy.

Ya Poole scored on like 4th and 23 with one foot in bounds for a TD with no time left and it put the Packers into the playoffs because they got to play Denver or some other AFC team that was allready in the playoffs and resting their players so they got it easy for a win. It was ruled a TD because he was pushed out. It then lead to the Packers melting down against the Eagles on 4th and 26 in the playoffs and then Favres "punt" pass rainbow interception

Status
Not open for further replies.