Playoff Celebration Thread: 21 Year Drought Over

Rainger

Reaction score
All I can say is I cried today after the walk off HR. I have been watching and listening to the Mariners since 77. The whole time I lived in NA they could never win anything. I moved to Australia and all of their playoff chances were when I was here and could never see a single playoff game. (no MLB streaming games then).

Went back to Canada and they promptly went into a 21 year drought. Now back in OZ and I will see my first ever playoff game since the beginning in 77. OMG nothing better other than the SB win.

Go the Mariners PLEASE get to the WS in my life time.

Seahawk fan since 1976, Mariners fan since 1977, Kraken fan since 2022. Use to watch the Totems in the 60s.

Rainger

Reaction score
All I can say is I cried today after the walk off HR. I have been watching and listening to the Mariners since 77. The whole time I lived in NA they could never win anything. I moved to Australia and all of their playoff chances were when I was here and could never see a single playoff game. (no MLB streaming games then).

Went back to Canada and they promptly went into a 21 year drought. Now back in OZ and I will see my first ever playoff game since the beginning in 77. OMG nothing better other than the SB win.

Go the Mariners PLEASE get to the WS in my life time.

Seahawk fan since 1976, Mariners fan since 1977, Kraken fan since 2022. Use to watch the Totems in the 60s.

W

Welshers

I love Cal rounding first to second saying Holy F@@k after he hit that HR. I also love the M's doing it in that fashion and not clinching with an O's loss.
it literally couldnt have happened in a better way. The o's win to set up the M's with a win and in. The entire PNW watching. And of course it goes tied into the bottom of the 9th... a walk off HR to go back to the playoffs. First time in 21 years. Really can't make this shit up.

Manfred needs to give his scriptwriters a raise.

Ruminator

Reaction score
We're going out for dinner tonight to celebrate my wife's BD. I think I'll order a glass of "50-50" champagne. 50% to celebrate my wife, and 50% to celebrate the Ms making the playoffs.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Last night, Seattle was the happiest place on earth. Goosebumps!

When Cal saw that the ball was landing inside the foul pole, it looked for a second like he was about to catapult the bat completely out of T-Mobile Park.

Loved watching the celebration. Especially Servais beaming and on the verge of tears. No question, he's the manager of the year.

What we've seen from Cal, Geno, Julio, and most of the pitchers has been amazing. I'm not going to name them all, but plenty of contributors and clutch performers all year. And as a potential bonus, if JK continues to be the "new" JK capable of hitting dingers every once in a while, wow, what a story.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Walk-off homer, doing it in frigging style. These guys have some swagger. I hope they can get it done in the playoffs.

xray

Reaction score
Wooosh...that's a long time to hold your breath .

Threedee

Reaction score
it literally couldnt have happened in a better way. The o's win to set up the M's with a win and in. The entire PNW watching. And of course it goes tied into the bottom of the 9th... a walk off HR to go back to the playoffs. First time in 21 years. Really can't make this shit up.

Manfred needs to give his scriptwriters a raise.
Especially since he effed with the Braves and they came back to win the WS. The dumb hack couldn't have composed a better script than that.

I wonder if Manfred has challenged himself to see how difficult it is for a commissioner to get into the HOF. He saw Selig get in for literally no reason except for sucking at an elite level.