Playoff Celebration Thread: 21 Year Drought Over

Crizilla

Reaction score
With Baltimore's loss it's only a matter of what wild card seed the M's will be. It's pretty much official: the Mariners are going to the post season. Get in here lads let's celebrate. How long have you been an M's fan? is the question to everyone.

Echawks

Reaction score
I remember this one time I celebrated before we clinched… never again

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Might as well pause on the celebration since it's so close. Let's celebrate in earnest.

Chapow

Reaction score
Might as well pause on the celebration since it's so close. Let's celebrate in earnest.

This. I'll celebrate when we clinch. Waited 21 years, I can wait another day or two.

Last edited:

m0ng0

Reaction score
Ruppert Jones, Julio Cruz, Craig Reynolds, Rick Honeycutt!!! Basically day one, I was 6 in 1977 and have been hooked ever since. My buddy and I would watch the games and keep score out by out, pitch by pitch on those old score sheets. I would read all the box scores in the Columbia every day to keep up with the M's and Rod Carew my favorite player

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If you want to go by analytics then yeah, we can clinch as early as tomorrow. But we basically have sealed the deal since last week. Even during the slide, there is a reason why we have been at like a 99.5% chance of making the playoffs.

But yeah it feels great, and once the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0. Anything can happen.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If you want to go by analytics then yeah, we can clinch as early as tomorrow. But we basically have sealed the deal since last week. Even during the slide, there is a reason why we have been at like a 99.5% chance of making the playoffs.

But yeah it feels great, and once the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0. Anything can happen.
i’ve been confident since july

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
I suffered from premature celebration my wife isn't too happy

getnasty

Reaction score
Their win percentage against the Royals the other day was 99.7% and they boned that lead so no reason to party to soon.

Chapow

Reaction score
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK YYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I love Cal rounding first to second saying Holy F@@k after he hit that HR. I also love the M's doing it in that fashion and not clinching with an O's loss.

sutz

Reaction score
I love Cal rounding first to second saying Holy F@@k after he hit that HR. I also love the M's doing it in that fashion and not clinching with an O's loss.
I posted that last part earlier. Makes it even more satisfying. (y)