Players You Like?

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Trayvon Walker - Fully Expect him to rise firmly into the first round by the combine, but right now he’s a fringe first rounder and sometimes ranked as low as the 50s. He’s a bigger end, but he plays with real power and is athletic for his size. I’d run to the podium for his power at his age. (Put fairly certain he’ll be gone)

Alec Pierce - I have some questions about his game and I’m excited to hear about what he does at the Senior Bowl, but the guy absolutely plucks the ball out of the air. Where DK has a habit of clapping on the ball or catching under hand, Pierce has really aggressive hand technique. And I think he could unlock the middle of the field provided he could sync with Russ. (Assuming he can consistently beat press)

Marcus Jones - Another “new” Seahawks CB. Fast, twitchy and small. But he can play inside and out and push Ugo for the Ni position.

Travis Jones - I haven’t watched a ton of him. But he moves really well for a big man. And with Al Woods aging and Mone’s injury history, I find him intriguing.

Who you got?

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Love Alec Pierce..Size, speed, separation.

Marcus Jones may be 5 8" but he plays big.

Abraham Lucas RT/LT is a stud.

Chawker

Reaction score
The three players that I like, that would be available at the 42nd pick, according to Drafttek.Com are as follows.

1. Justin Ross WR Clemson 6'4" 210

2. Abram Smith RB Baylor 5'11" 220

3. Travon Walker DE/DT Georgia 6'5" 275

Jermaine Johnson II Florida st. DE 6'4" 262

I know I said, three, so sue me.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I like some of the guys aforementioned - like Pierce, Lucas, Ross, and Walker so here are my other favorites besides those:

Derion Kendrick, CB, Georgia
Jarrett Patterson, C, Notre Dame
Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati

Seattle Person

Reaction score
2nd Round: I would really like an interior rush DT or a RT here. Build up the lines please.
- Devonte Wyatt: explosive and violent hands. The Hawks need some interior rushers and getting Wyatt to rush inside would be great!
- Abraham Lucas: Good technician with a chance to play LT in the future. Would look great as a RT. Let Lucas and Curhan compete for the RT job. If he can take over at LT in the future, that would be gravy.
- Trevor Penning: Dude is nasty...I think he's going to rise after the Senior Bowl. Athletic and big. The knock on him is he plays sub-par competition. Ultimately I think he gets in the first round. Dudes like him that can move and strong like that don't drop in the 2nd. Same point about him taking over at LT in the future. I see him starting at RT first.

3rd Round:I would target an RB here.
- Dameon Pierce: Dude is a force. Limited carries and little wear and tear on his legs because of it. No-nonsense and explosive. Perfect compliment if the Hawks bring back Penny and let Carson go. He fits a cut and go offensive. Will rise after the Senior Bowl if he shows out.
- Jerome Ford: Biggest upside in the draft among RBs in my opinion. No one has a better blend of speed, size, power than Ford. Still raw and learning the position. Doesn't pass protect or catch the ball well but can house it from anywhere.
- I would also strong consider Lewis Cine here if he is there.

4th Round: 2 picks here. I would target TEs and LBs.
- Channing Tindell: Super fast. Him and Walker are part of the Georgia's LB corp. Productive but was part of a loaded LB crew.
- Quay Walker: If you can't get Tindell, go get Walker. Big, fast, and can cover. Didn't have the best production but there is more in the tank.
- Cade Otton or Jake Ferguson: They both are traditional inline TEs. They can do a little bit of everything and fits the offense.

5th Round/7th: I would target the DBs here. CB, FS, SS would be the picks.
- Smoke Monday: What a name. Super versatile. Has been everywhere. FS, SS, Slot, cover TEs. I would love for the Hawks to get someone like this. ST demon. This would be a great pick in this range. Has a lot of fire and can develop into a starter. ST at worst. Played in the SEC and can play.
- Matt Hankins: If he's still there in the 5th round or maybe even in the 4th, he would look good in a cover 3 scheme. Iowa played alot of cover 3 shells. Super seasoned and smart. Has the look of a classic Seahawks CB.

Chawker

Reaction score
Another player I think would be steal and I just love his tape is Tyreke Smith ohio st DE 6'3" 267 reminds he of Cliff Avril. Everything !

He's got a 145th ranking so 4th or 5th round selection. Dam steal !!!

OP
OP
Yxes1122

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Going to toss in Boye Mafe as a player I like (Shout out to Rob's interview with Nagy for making me go look him up).

If he tests well at the combine (Sub 1.6 10-Split) I would love to see Seattle come away with him. I would imagine they won't (Since they have Taylor) but Mafe has the same versatility and athleticism to play SAM and LEO.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I am digging Phidarian Mathis from Alabama. The 41st pick seems like the sweet spot for pass rushers either inside or outside. This is a year to get one if you need it. Logan Hall, Devonte Wyatt are my favorites but I think they end up being in the first round. Phidarian is another ideal 3T. He projects to be both a run and rush guy. I really really like his hands and motor.

OP
OP
Yxes1122

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Question that I would ask in its own thread if it wouldn't lead to Russ speculation. But does anyone like any QB in this class?

Because I've been watching them and they all seem like extremely flawed prospects. Just curious if anyone actually likes any of the QBs. And if so, why?

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I personally don't see a QB selecting early. I haven't really watched any of the guys expecting to go in the later rounds. I also think teams will over draft QBs in the 1st and 2nd. There are quite a bit of teams that can use young QB talent. Might put the Seahawks in a good position to have players fall to them. We'll see.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Perrion Winfrey. I think he played his way into the first round but if he's there when the Seahawks pick in 2nd, he's most likely the best payer available. They need to pick him. This guy can come in and start from day 1. He has gamechanger DT written all over him. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/perrion-winfrey
[youtube]e5ERTF-n6Fc[/youtube]

The more I see of Tariq Woolen, the more I like. He stands out at 6-4, 210 and has Deion Sanders like speed (low 4.3 and possibly into 4.2s). For all reports he had a good senior bowl week. He reminds me of a former LOB DB but with a lot more speed. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tariq-woolen-utsa-cb-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/
[youtube]YskgvW6FKkg[/youtube]

Rat

Reaction score
Bailey Zappe impressed the **** out of me when I watched him this year. I'd love to be the team that gives him a chance.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I agree! Winfrey just looks like a Seahawk if they made them in a lab!

Also: Kerby Joseph, Calvin Austin III, Tyler Badie

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Let's repeat that 3rd round, Seahawks QB magic, and pick up Eric Barriere.

He's got wheels for days, that same kind of eyes-downfield, Houdini-like escapability, that made Mahomes and early Wilson house names, a gorgeous deep touch, plus the ability to make plays across the entire field.

Passed for over 5,000 yards, 46 TDs, 8 INTs, and a 65% completion rate last season.

Given how ignored he has been, we might be able to pick him up in the 7th, even.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
A few of my favorites at their positions that we may have an opportunity of drafting...

Norte Dame QB Jack Coan. I would compare him to Matt Hasselbeck or Mac Jones. Coan is great at going through his progressions, is battle tested, and he is a decent athlete. Put him on our team with DK, Lockett, Fant, and an improved o-line and I think he will surprise a lot of people with how effective he can be. I highly recommend taking Coan in the 3rd or 4th round this year as opposed to go with the flashy QBs next year.

Georgia DE/OLB Travon Walker. He is a big incredibly athletic freak. Walker is a once in a lifetime athletic pass rusher. He wasn't utilized right at Georgia to show how dominate he could be. He is 6'5" 272 lbs. with a 35 1/2-inch arm length. Get him to drop down to 265 - 260 lbs. and he could be the gold standard at 3-4 OLB. Walker hits like a sledgehammer...yes please for my defense.

Michigan State RB Kenneth Walker. Back in the day Kenneth Walker would have been a top-20 pick in the 1st round, but nowadays RBs are undervalued...except for a team like the Seahawks. Walker is a creative runner meaning he can get yards if the defense blows up the run play...Walker can find yards. He has good contact balance, good speed, can make people miss in a phone booth, and will drop his shoulder into defenders for extra yards. If he is there at our first pick in the 2nd round, then I hope we draft him.

Boston College OG Zion Johnson. Johnson is probably the most flawless o-lineman in the draft. Guard is not a sexy pick in the middle of the 1st round, unless you think he could be a safe bet to be a perennial All-Pro at Guard. If the Seahawks trade down in the 1st round, Zion should be their target.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
In his latest mock, Kiper has Walker going to the Texans at #3 overall. While he may not go there, I seriously doubt he will last until #9.

Re LG Zion Johnson, sign me up.

I applaud Rob Staton's plan that the Hawks move down from #9 and get Johnson in the high-teens or low 20s... and then use #40 (or 41) to move back into the 1st round or very early round 2 and draft Tyler Linderbaum.

Move Damien back to RG and the interior of the Oline is set for the foreseeable future.

Draft Dameon Pierce in the 3rd round and let's pound the rock with Penny and Pierce, assuming Carson is hanging them up. Having an elite running game will keep Lock upright and will do wonders to re-establish his confidence.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
In his latest mock, Kiper has Walker going to the Texans at #3 overall. While he may not go there, I seriously doubt he will last until #9.

Re LG Zion Johnson, sign me up.

I applaud Rob Staton's plan that the Hawks move down from #9 and get Johnson in the high-teens or low 20s... and then use #40 (or 41) to move back into the 1st round or very early round 2 and draft Tyler Linderbaum.

Move Damien back to RG and the interior of the Oline is set for the foreseeable future.

Draft Dameon Pierce in the 3rd round and let's pound the rock with Penny and Pierce, assuming Carson is hanging them up. Having an elite running game will keep Lock upright and will do wonders to re-establish his confidence.
Getting Zion Johnson and Tyler Linderbaum would be great. But I'm still skeptical about Linderbaum falling to late-1st or early 2nd round. I know consensus of the media has him falling, but I'll believe it when I see it.

If there was a 2021 NFL draft do-over or redraft, OC Creed Humphrey would have probably been drafted in the top-20.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Coming out of the first round with a guard? Whew, I don't know if I can get behind that one. Poor positional value plus it's not one of the bigger needs on the team.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Coming out of the first round with a guard? Whew, I don't know if I can get behind that one. Poor positional value plus it's not one of the bigger needs on the team.
I agree, guard is poor positional value in the 1st round. But if their mindset is lets trade down and draft the cleanest prospect. Then OG Zion Johnson, OC Tyler Linderbaum, ILB Devin Llyod, and OLB/DE George Karlaftis would be the prospects to target.

Of course the things to considering when drafting especially in the 1st round, of the four positions stated above, is..
- player ranking (best player available) = could be ILB Devin Llyod
- positional value = OLB/DE George Karlaftis
- talent depth, or lack there of, at each position for this particular draft = OC worst depth, so Tyler Linderbaum would be the selection
- team needs = OC and OG so, Linderbaum or Zion Johnson