Pick #111, Tedric Thompson, DB, Colorado

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2bqb4qhg said:
hawkfan68":2bqb4qhg said:
He ran 4.60 40yd dash which to me seems slow for an FS. I hope he can overcome his lack of speed in the NFL. Terrell is reported to run in 4.3s for 40 and he repeatedly got beat. Picking Tedric with Eddie Jackson still on the board was shocking to me.

After seeing Terrell play (sic), what do those 40 times tell you?

Doesn't really say much except PC sees something in him.I never liked Terrell (I remember the Raiders game in preseason a few years back where he was getting lit up) so I hope Thompson or someone else replaces him. But they also signed McDougald in the offseason so I believe Terrell's days as a Seahawk are numbered.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kf3339":3bcv4wxa said:
There is a reason our O-Line has been so poor the last few years, and this pick just reinforces that point. JS and PC are just proving all those doubters right by continuing to neglect that side of the line. This was the perfect spot to take Asiata or or Johnson. They could have sold the move down with the 49'ers to get this pick and take a guard. You could then have went up to the podium in front of reporters, and stated they got their primary guy and a quality guard with the extra pick.

Now all they can say is they got a DB with potential concussion issues who may not even make or play this season.

And some wonder why there are those who question their logic?

10-5-1.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
MontanaHawk05":3jyr84ym said:
kf3339":3jyr84ym said:
There is a reason our O-Line has been so poor the last few years, and this pick just reinforces that point. JS and PC are just proving all those doubters right by continuing to neglect that side of the line. This was the perfect spot to take Asiata or or Johnson. They could have sold the move down with the 49'ers to get this pick and take a guard. You could then have went up to the podium in front of reporters, and stated they got their primary guy and a quality guard with the extra pick.

Now all they can say is they got a DB with potential concussion issues who may not even make or play this season.

10-5-1.

Good thing we had our top players like Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas healthy all year, otherwise we'd have struggled to win that many games.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Ruminator":2guo2s3l said:
hawknation2017":2guo2s3l said:
(youtube highlight vid)

That, I must say, is about as impressive a highlight reel on a player as any I've seen. Hoping in a huge way he'll be able to successfully transition his drool-inducing ball-hawk instincts to the professional level.

Seriously! This kid is a real playmaker.

nash72

Reaction score
randomation":6atgdm4k said:
Asiata Butt Perine and King were all still up not a fan of this with his concussion issues.

Yeah, yet another reach, but thats pretty much been the theme of this draft.

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":zmyc0gvr said:
kf3339":zmyc0gvr said:

10-5-1.

And the usual 2nd round bouncing in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
nash72":25nf6235 said:
MontanaHawk05":25nf6235 said:
kf3339":25nf6235 said:

10-5-1.

I too would prefer we model our approach on the kinds of teams that win the Super Bowl every year.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
nash72":k1mwdarn said:
MontanaHawk05":k1mwdarn said:
kf3339":k1mwdarn said:

10-5-1.

What's the average "bouncing in the playoffs" tier in the John Schneider/Pete Carroll era compared to say, any other era of Seahawks football? Your choice. Any one you want for comparison.

randomation

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":1ty4wkrh said:
randomation":1ty4wkrh said:
Asiata Butt Perine and King were all still up not a fan of this with his concussion issues.

Shocking

Not sure what that's supposed to mean I would like the pick if he didn't have concussion issues just seen way too many talented players suffer adverse effects from them and 4 diagnosed not micro before hitting the NFL is bad.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":hxr3a5lr said:
nash72":hxr3a5lr said:
MontanaHawk05":hxr3a5lr said:
kf3339":hxr3a5lr said:

10-5-1.

What's the average "bouncing in the playoffs" tier in the John Schneider/Pete Carroll era compared to say, any other era of Seahawks football? Your choice. Any one you want for comparison.
To be fair this is probably the only era they are aware of

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score

Or this person remembers the Holmgren/Ruskell era and understands that these past two seasons are very similar to the 2006 and 2007 Hawks of that era. Much like Ruskell, Schneider and Carrol started off well (both drafting and free agents) but have had multiple seasons of failure on both fronts. Much like folks back then kept chanting "In Ruskell we trust" and kept referring to the great 2005 draft, people here keep living in the past good decisions that this administration made. Since 2013, Pete and John have stunk it up on the stunk it up on the roster management front and our team's success is built on what the team did prior to that. Our good players are aging and our young players are mediocre. The crash might not come this season but it is coming soon. Back then we didn't see the 2008 season coming and right now many people don't see the upcoming bad season coming either

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3pguksnc said:
He ran 4.60 40yd dash which to me seems slow for an FS. I hope he can overcome his lack of speed in the NFL. Terrell is reported to run in 4.3s for 40 and he repeatedly got beat. Picking Tedric with Eddie Jackson still on the board was shocking to me.

Hmmm ... I'm remembering a certain former Hawks Linebacker who only ran a 4.7. That would be Lofa Tatupu.

And I also remember a former WR who only ran 4.7 himself. That would be Steve Largent.

So, 40 yard dash time isn't the end all, be all measuring rod for how good a player is. Aaron Curry ran a 4.52 in the 40 (a phenomenal time for a guy who was 250 lbs) -- but he had very poor instincts. Instincts are WAY more important ---something that both Tatupu and Largent had ... something that Tedric Thompson clearly has in abundance. Just throwing that out there.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Geez people, can we wait until training camp/ pre season before we judge these kids.

He could be a superstar. He could be cut before the season starts. Let's support these young men and hope they contribute to the team

Rat

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Thompson, but if it's a DB and Carroll likes him, I'm excited about it.

I teared up a little bit watching Thompson's video of Schneider calling him. He seems to really appreciate the opportunity he's getting.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
seanmatt":8j7k2imv said:

Or this person remembers the Holmgren/Ruskell era and understands that these past two seasons are very similar to the 2006 and 2007 Hawks of that era. Much like Ruskell, Schneider and Carrol started off well (both drafting and free agents) but have had multiple seasons of failure on both fronts. Much like folks back then kept chanting "In Ruskell we trust" and kept referring to the great 2005 draft, people here keep living in the past good decisions that this administration made. Since 2013, Pete and John have stunk it up on the stunk it up on the roster management front and our team's success is built on what the team did prior to that. Our good players are aging and our young players are mediocre. The crash might not come this season but it is coming soon. Back then we didn't see the 2008 season coming and right now many people don't see the upcoming bad season coming either

Now read this in the voice of a fan of the 31 other teams in the league. When it comes to negative thoughts, every football fan ever thinks their team is paradoxically the best and the worst team ever.

nash72

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2t6ivsz7 said:

Great another guy who's perfectly content to just make the playoffs because the team stunk in the 90's.

2015 10-6 lost to Panthers 2nd round 31-24 in a game in which the Panthers took their foot off the throttle in the 2nd half or they could have put up 50 on us.

2016 10-5-1 took a severe beating in the 2nd round by the Falcons 36-20.

See a pattern here? If your fine with getting booted in the 2nd round than thats cool, but i'm not. The team wont go any further in the playoffs until the lines fixed and guess what didnt get fixed this season?

nash72

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3sxsqj0a said:

Yep. Again, I probably have jerseys and memorabilia older than you. Been a fan since 76'. When did you jump on board?