Pete Carroll, realizing he just beat Russell Wilson with Geno Smith:

Fade

Reaction score
"this team is still going 5-12"

Might be time to take a break Fade.

Yikes
My opinion is based on what will transpire over the course of a season. I'm not flipflopping after 1 game, especially when I saw continued issues that are still in place. Results based vs. process based.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Your point may. In fact be true, and they were 5.5 point dogs against Denver
More annoying is the posters crying about posters not sharing the same opinion is them.

The Seahawks are once again huge underdogs this week. Which isn't an accident, they are not a good team.

Now they are 9.5 points dogs against the Digits. Thing is the disrespect seem to be motivating them to play better than they are thought to be. Eventually if that happens, perhaps those with closed minds about the team may realize perhaps they are not as bad as initially believed to be. OTOH some folks will remain obdurate in their their views.

Whatever your views are is fine, we are, after all, all different.

For me I choose an optimistic view and am prepared this season to be disappointed. You perhaps are just perpetually disappointed. Perhaps you are right, and the team just sucks.

There was a good deal to build upon that came from that game. There was also disappointment. Smile or frown it’s your choice. The Hawks did win against Denver and better still have long W streak going against SF. I’ll be interested to watch to see how they measure up.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
I'm good. I don't know how to bandwagon.

It's just sad at this point. You want so badly for everyone to know just how "right" you are about the Hawks not being a good team. I mean, how dare anyone enjoy a win when the team isn't going to win much this year!?

Yeah, sure, you don't bandwagon -- you are too busy worrying that people take you seriously. Here's a hint, we don't.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
My opinion is based on what will transpire over the course of a season. I'm not flipflopping after 1 game, especially when I saw continued issues that are still in place. Results based vs. process based.

But you are SO sure they are going to be terrible, what does it matter?

Hawkpower

Reaction score

Why do you assume positive people are flip flopping? Thats a strawman you created

There were plenty of people predicting a .500 type of season this summer

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Let's see.

1) It was a great signing by Denver. He could've reset the market, instead he will have low cap numbers for the next 3 years. They will be major players in free agency the next 2 years for sure.

2) Hit piece by the team. Isn't my just my opinion, but by neutral observers in the national media as well. And indeed it was a hit piece.

3) 5-12 (Seems accurate. Vegas has them at 5.5)

4) Seahawks were very fortunate in this game, unless you're a homer. Then you probably thought they dominated. Ha-ha.

Winning the Russ Bowl doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. If Russ continues to be a pro-bowler and make the playoffs in Denver, while Pete flounders and misses the playoffs season after season, whelp, there you go.
1) great signing? 😭 first, the broncos HAD to sign wilson. were they just gonna let him walk? after the broncos just gave up 2 1sts, 2 2nds and other stuff? ofc not, and they are in win-now mode with that roster, which is why they traded for him in the first place. they were desperate. the browns were desperate trading for/signing watson. wilson's also deteriorating. and he's taken far more sacks (275) than anybody since 2015. who knows how many hits since he came into the league. he's turning 34 as a diminishing quarterback, and the broncos are on the hook for 160m guaranteed. LET THAT SINK IN. frankly i'd be surprised if the broncos make the playoffs. chargers and chiefs are legit in that division. broncos... obviously not on that level, atleast yet. does wilson give them a better chance than the scrubs they had before? duh... but it's still gonna be the "wilson offense" and all the bs that comes with that. and he's a notable cancer in the locker room. how soon till he want out? how soon until the broncos want out of that "great" contract?

2) pure speculation. and pete carroll totally controls what espn publishes! ;) ya ok bud! and i only included this to show your obvious bias against the seahawks organization.

3) not even doubting they go 5-12. it's the fact you feel the need to proclaim this after a win? :ROFLMAO: and most are projecting between 3-8 wins anyway. so, after a win, to go and "pee in everyone's cheerios" as someone else stated, is just pure toxicity oozing out of your pores. admit it, you HATE that the seahawks beat your beloved russell wilson and that pete eeked out a win with an obviously less talented team. it makes you seethe. and your "5-12" posts reveal that

4) broncos are more talented, but teams make their luck. and coaching matters. preparation matters. seahawks offense won the 1st half, defense did just enough to hold the 2nd half. you could even see there were chances that the seahawks could have run away with that game. russell wilson tossed 2 passes that should have been picked. 1 to adams, 1 to diggs. and instead of keeping the foot on the gas in the 2nd half, the seahawks offense let off the gas and went utterly conservative. now that was a mistake and is on pete carroll.

Fade

Reaction score
this is you right?

"I'm just here to balance out the insanity coming from the other side".

any fan showing optimism it sounds like. how "insane" of them
"Others side" is referring to Russell Wilson haters as they are extremists and insane.

Might want to stop cutting off my posts, or taking them out of context to try and make it seem like you're making good points.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
It's just sad at this point. You want so badly for everyone to know just how "right" you are about the Hawks not being a good team. I mean, how dare anyone enjoy a win when the team isn't going to win much this year!?

Yeah, sure, you don't bandwagon -- you are too busy worrying that people take you seriously. Here's a hint, we don't.

When fans secretly hope their team loses so that they can be "right" on a message board, they have jumped the shark

Hawkpower

Reaction score
"Others side" is referring to Russell Wilson haters as they are extremists and insane.

Might want to stop cutting off my posts, or taking them out of context to try and make it seem like you're making good points.

So they disagree with your viewpoint so they are "insane"

Thanks for proving my point

Case closed

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
only an ignorant russ apologist would say that lmao 😭

the constant chorus boos of wilson as well as the "geno, geno" chants from the 12th man at that seahawks game must really have triggered you then 😭

this thread... omg i just can't...

Fade

Reaction score
1) great signing? 😭 first, the broncos HAD to sign wilson. were they just gonna let him walk? after the broncos just gave up 2 1sts, 2 2nds and other stuff? ofc not, and they are in win-now mode with that roster, which is why they traded for him in the first place. he's also deteriorating. he's taken far more sacks (275) than anybody since 2015. who knows how many hits since he came into the league. he's turning 34 as a diminishing quarterback, and the broncos are on the hook for 160m guaranteed. LET THAT SINK IN. frankly i'd be surprised if the broncos make the playoffs. chargers and chiefs are legit in that division. broncos... obviously not on that level, atleast yet. does wilson give them a better chance than the scrubs they had before? duh... but it's still gonna be the "wilson offense" and all the bs that comes with that. and he's a notable cancer in the locker room. how soon till he want out? how soon until the broncos want out of that "great" contract?

2) pure speculation. and pete carroll totally controls what espn publishes! ;) ya ok bud! and i only included this to show your obvious bias against the seahawks organization.

3) not even doubting they go 5-12. it's the fact you feel the need to proclaim this after a win? :ROFLMAO: and most are projecting between 3-8 wins anyway. so, after a win, to go and "pee in everyone's cheerios" as someone else stated, is just pure toxicity oozing out of your pores. admit it, you HATE that the seahawks beat your beloved russell wilson and that pete eeked out a win with an obviously less talented team. it makes you seethe. and your "5-12" posts reveal that

4) broncos are more talented, but teams make their luck. and coaching matters. preparation matters. seahawks offense won the 1st half, defense did just enough to hold the 2nd half. you could even see there were chances that the seahawks could have run away with that game. russell wilson tossed 2 passes that should have been picked. 1 to adams, 1 to diggs. and instead of keeping the foot on the gas, the offensive playcaller let off the gas and went utterly conservative.
1) Which is exactly the point. Like when the Seahawks traded for Adams, they had to make him the highest paid Safety in the League. Adams had all of the leverage because of the trade.

Wilson was in the same position, he had Denver over a barrel, but chose to not reset the market, and setup the deal in a way that allows them to be major players in Free Agency.

2) They provide access with "unnamed sources" to paint the picture they want to paint.

3) Cry MOAR? Giving a realistic expectaction on the season is toxic. Interesting.

4) There's a flipside to the 2 picks coin. Wilson had about 5 TDs wiped due to penalties, drops, and a TE not keeping his big toe in bounds. Pete will always take his foot off the gas, it's what he's about. Thank you for acknowledging that.

Pete's going to keep having losing seasons, Wilson being on the Broncos won't change that. And winning the Russ Bowl won't change that.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
1) Which is exactly the point. Like when the Seahawks traded for Adams, they had to make him the highest paid Safety in the League. Adams had all of the leverage because of the trade.

Wilson was in the same position, he had Denver over a barrel, but chose to not reset the market, and setup the deal in a way that allows them to be major players in Free Agency.

2) They provide access with "unnamed sources" to paint the picture they want to paint.

3) Cry MOAR? Giving a realistic expectaction on the season is toxic. Interesting.

4) There's a flipside to the 2 picks coin. Wilson had about 5 TDs wiped due to penalties, drops, and a TE not keeping his big toe in bounds. Pete will always take his foot off the gas, it's what he's about. Thank you for acknowledging that.

Pete's going to keep having losing seasons, Wilson being on the Broncos won't change that. And winning the Russ Bowl won't change that.
now i know i'm just dealing with a delusional troll 🤩

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Let's see.

1) It was a great signing by Denver. He could've reset the market, instead he will have low cap numbers for the next 3 years. They will be major players in free agency the next 2 years for sure.

2) Hit piece by the team. Isn't my just my opinion, but by neutral observers in the national media as well. And indeed it was a hit piece.

3) 5-12 (Seems accurate. Vegas has them at 5.5)

4) Seahawks were very fortunate in this game, unless you're a homer. Then you probably thought they dominated. Ha-ha.

Winning the Russ Bowl doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. If Russ continues to be a pro-bowler and make the playoffs in Denver, while Pete flounders and misses the playoffs season after season, whelp, there you go.
You're forgetting the most important part. Russell isn't good enough to win playoff games

Rainger

Reaction score
He did, badly. He's a rookie HC in his 1st game. New Coach, New QB, New DC, starters didn't play in the pre-season.

I also predicted Seattle could steal this game for those reasons in one those threads going over the schedule.

It's a long season.
Why r u on this forum?? Please enjoy your time on the donkeys forums or whatever team you really are a FAN of, because I have never seen a post from you that it is for the Hawks!

Just because someone creates an account on this forum doesn't mean they are a fan of the Hawks.

I wish we would stop this crap that everyone on .net is a fan of the Hawks.

Maybe fade really is a fan BUT I sure dont want him/she/it in my corner as a family member.

Edit: actually I just read this entire forum, which I hadn't done before my post. Can't take it any more gotta block a sheep in wolf's clothing pretending to be a Seahawks fan all the while dumping shit on them.

Last edited:

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
When fans secretly hope their team loses so that they can be "right" on a message board, they have jumped the shark
Or they're douche 🛍️

Or they were only fans of team3 from the beginning

Or they were fans but got so butt hurt that the team chose to side with the coach and GM after they proclaimed for months on end that he's the worst coach in the league. Finally waiting in great anticipation for their moment to shine and be proven RIGHT when the QB would show the world what a mistake it was to not choose him, it all went to sh!t. It was all too much to take I imagine

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I give honest opinions on what I see. What I find interesting is how people can be so sure about theirs after just 1 game.
I give honest opinions as well and i cant believe people that are not optimistic after the first game. lots of things to like. lots of things to improve on... huge confidance builder for a young team... tons of up side ..lots to build on. no reason to not feel good about this team.

Yeah i just dont get the negativity

HawkFreak

Reaction score

"Wilson was in the same position, he had Denver over a barrel, but chose to not reset the market, and setup the deal in a way that allows them to be major players in Free Agency."

This seems to be a major talking point for you. Yes - it might allow the broncos to have some additional FA money. But what else could it do? Possibly make someone look good? Get the media and avid Wilson supporters to talk about how selfless and team oriented he is? Looks like it could also be some damage control to combat the selfish narrative and some image and brand polishing.

Sorry - I just have a difficult time believing that RW's motivations are now entirely on what's best for the team and everyone else but himself. People don't just flip a switch and change like that overnight.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Yes. It's a 5-12 roster.
A 5-12 roster that beat the QB you tell us is one of the best in the NFL and should be expected to continue to be one of the best for the next several years. A 5-12 roster that beat the team you told us has been run better than the Seahawks in every way possible.
I've thought of this season as a reset all along, and I don't really care what the final record is, but I'm glad the team is finally free of Wilson, and I'm super-thrilled the team beat that team you told us was so much better than ours.
The Seahawks' selfish and overrated former QB forced his way out, leaving the team with a giant dead-money hole in addition to the weakness caused by overpaying Wilson all those years. The team will need to work hard to recover from that, and Monday night was an important step. That's why we're celebrating it. Ask yourself why you're lamenting it.
Be honest: for which team were you rooting on Monday night? How did you feel when your "top QB" CHOKED in the biggest moment instead of even trying to lead his new team to victory when down by just a point, but out of realistic field-goal range, choosing instead to let his coach and kicker take the blame for the loss?

I think I finally get some of @Welshers's schtick. It's looked to me for some time like he was doing some kind of parody, but I didn't know of whom. I felt like he was doing something he thought was humorous, but that I just didn't get. Now I think Welshers, when he talks about his fans, how much other posters here end up respecting him, and being right all the time, is doing a parody of "Failed" (with an "I" and a big, fat "L" for Wilson and his new team).

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Why do you assume positive people are flip flopping? Thats a strawman you created

There were plenty of people predicting a .500 type of season this summer
I don't even think the 2022 Seahawks are a just-below-.500 (8-win in a 17-game season) team, but I see that moving Wilson and putting together a better team was the right approach, and I see a lot of promise in this team now that it's not going to have to spend a quarter of its cap on an overpriced and aging QB.
I celebrated the crap out of the win on Monday night. Seeing Wilson choke in the biggest moment to guarantee my Seahawks the win was an extra bonus, but it was also nice to see the beginning of how the Seahawks' management is building the team.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
"Wilson was in the same position, he had Denver over a barrel, but chose to not reset the market, and setup the deal in a way that allows them to be major players in Free Agency."

This seems to be a major talking point for you. Yes - it might allow the broncos to have some additional FA money. But what else could it do? Possibly make someone look good? Get the media and avid Wilson supporters to talk about how selfless and team oriented he is? Looks like it could also be some damage control to combat the selfish narrative and some image and brand polishing.

Sorry - I just have a difficult time believing that RW's motivations are now entirely on what's best for the team and everyone else but himself. People don't just flip a switch and change like that overnight.

Or maybe it's just that in the negotiations, the Broncos made it clear that with two years remaining on Wilson's contract, they were willing to let him play out the 2022 season and then negotiate again later if he didn't take what they were offering now, and in his heart of hearts, Wilson knew it was better to get as much money NOW as he could, because he knew he wasn't going to lead the Broncos to a title, and that all the same problems he had with the Seahawks would continue with the Broncos.

Is Wilson that aware of his... uh... limitations? His choke-ola on the final 4th and 5 on Monday night suggests he is.