Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":223d9ujb said:
RCATES":223d9ujb said:
TheLegendOfBoom":223d9ujb said:
Can we draft a new head coach?

Can we go after Urban Meyer???

I’d like to see him as coach.

Then you will blame Meyer's for Wilson's shortcoming's. People need to wake up and realize its Russ. He needs a lot of help to be successful. Without success in the running game Wilson's not scaring anyone. Maybe he will prove me wrong and carry this team to a victory over SF and go deep in the playoffs with a sub par rushing attack. That's what Elite Qb's do.

He did exactly that in 2016 - injured. Almost did it in 2017 but got Blair Walsh'ed.

Of course, you've heard this before from everyone on this board. I'm assuming you just don't care.

He also supposedly has seasons tickets and watches all the games. Clearly there is a disconnect between eyes and brain for long term memory storage.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
warden":w8vjhxjn said:
One win from a division title and a first round bye and you want to fire the coach. Mind boggling
The same thing that keeps Carroll winning is also the only way he can win.

Very limited alternative game planning.

Very vulnerable to big losses.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seymour":n4vvz6ik said:
MontanaHawk05":n4vvz6ik said:
RCATES":n4vvz6ik said:
TheLegendOfBoom":n4vvz6ik said:
Can we draft a new head coach?

Can we go after Urban Meyer???

I’d like to see him as coach.

Then you will blame Meyer's for Wilson's shortcoming's. People need to wake up and realize its Russ. He needs a lot of help to be successful. Without success in the running game Wilson's not scaring anyone. Maybe he will prove me wrong and carry this team to a victory over SF and go deep in the playoffs with a sub par rushing attack. That's what Elite Qb's do.

He did exactly that in 2016 - injured. Almost did it in 2017 but got Blair Walsh'ed.

Of course, you've heard this before from everyone on this board. I'm assuming you just don't care.

He also supposedly has seasons tickets and watches all the games. Clearly there is a disconnect between eyes and brain for long term memory storage.
You guys are missing the point, Wilson is not the problem.

Carroll and his inability to adjust and change things is the problem.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":107s5vkz said:
Northwest Seahawk":107s5vkz said:
I would be fine with cleaning house starting with Pete if they had a plan to replace him and John. There are other coaches and GM's out there.

Regardless it's time the Seahawks start seriously planning for a new head coach and GM. I give Pete and John one more year after this one and if were still losing in the first round of the playoffs or miss them altogether i'd replace them both.

Name me other Coaches and GM's out there that have the second most wins in the last ten years, have went to two Super Bowls.

I want to see this list and will be waiting.

Your point is legit and if your stance is ride this out until we have back to back losing seasons then make a change I could understand going that route. So if just making the playoffs is good enough then keep him. I'm not sure it is at this point . Pete ball and John's draft issue's are really starting to be a problem . Yes were 11-4 but they need to win a playoff game. Going one and done is not working for me. Now you can argue past production from Pete and John all you want but I need to start seeing something happen now. He's had a good run here but change isn't something that can't bring something new fresh and exciting. Like I said one more year after this one if there isn't real progress I;m ready for a change.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1sdlwqg6 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1sdlwqg6 said:
Shanegotyou11":1sdlwqg6 said:
People will regret when pete is done. Just like when people wanted russ gone through the first four years.
I believe Russ can be a lot better without Carroll’s system.

Carroll’s system doesn’t allow Wilson to be protected by a good offensive line.

All resources are devoted to the defense.

Which is sad considering the defense is the weakest link on this team.
:roll: ya, like it always has been a shitty Defense...…Kind of weird how the Seahawks beat the Doncos 43 to 8 in the Supper Bowel with that "Weak Link Defense" eh? :141847_bnono:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":19ziaubh said:
These knee jerk reaction posts always crack me up.

Losing sucks. Losing to a bad team with everything on the line really makes me angry.

But take a step back. 11-4 is great. It could be a lot worse. He's the best coach this franchise has ever had, and wishing hes gone is flat out ridiculous.
Ridiculous? :shock: What do you expect from a bunch of know nothing, wanna be, Drunken, Armchair Coaches?
:twisted: Ya, me neither.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":200zdo8e said:
warden":200zdo8e said:
Eight straight winning seasons,

Seven of the last eight seasons in the playoffs

Seven of the last eight seasons with double digit wins

It is an extremely ridiculous notion to say Pete Carroll needs to go
In the NFL you’re only as good as the last game you played.

It doesn’t matter what you previously done.

You can’t go back and retain those past victories.

I don’t live in the past and revel over past wins, I want to win now and often.

You can lose to teams you’re supposed to lose too but you cannot lose in the fashion you did against an opponent that you should be very motivated to play.

This is the current problem.

Don’t live in the past.
I won't "Attack The Poster", but this Post? ^ , thes one right here^ ...Ya, this is dumber than sh*t.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":o6fgli81 said:
there's a lot of knee jerk posts right now.

The one calling for russ to be replaced is one of them (GTFOH), another is the poster who thinks we'll be 2 td dogs vs the 49ers.

This one I'm not sure about. With every coach in football getting more aggressive on 4th down while pete seems deadset on going in the opposite direction (Who the hell kicks on 4th and 1 at the +32) it is starting to feel like the game has passed him by.

that's just an example. the 5 Homer runs on 6 plays down 13 is another.

Leave out the word "KNEE" AND I agree 100 degrees, er I mean 100%

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Restless":3fezfciz said:
My vote to go is off. and def. coaches...
Unless Pete is overruling them

No imagination
No pace changed on offense
Defense not ready at snap...2 weeks in a row
No changes...no surprises

everyone knows what we're going to do and we no longer can do it better than everyone
INJURIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTDAMMMMIT!!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1j4kmi9b said:
Seymour":1j4kmi9b said:
MontanaHawk05":1j4kmi9b said:
RCATES":1j4kmi9b said:

You guys are missing the point, Wilson is not the problem.

Carroll and his inability to adjust and change things is the problem.

I was responding to RCATES, and that was not his point.

As far as Pete, I wouldn't call it an inability. We've seen him call better gameplans before.

I'm not sure whether those plans are just fragile to the point where certain defenses can irrecoverably take them out of the script (Pete likes to go that direction with his explanations), or whether he's too concerned about turnovers and TOP, or whether he's just stubborn. He can do it. He just doesn't stay there.

It's also possible that Russ messes up some plays. He has packages that he walks to the line with.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
There's an argument against the current philosophy. If playoffs is the only goal, then follow the Bengals. It's not and attacking everyone that wants to see an investment in a 100,000,000 QB worth it, is silly.

Pete has 2 sb appearances over Marvin Lewis. So what?

It's not about firing pete, it's about winning. And RW is not going to the HOF other than 2013. Would drew brees be drew under PC. No. Would Tom Brady be tom under Pete
, no?

Tom would be Jim Kelly.

If pete wanted to win he would win. 11-4 is awesome unles you're 4-4 in your division. 4 give aways is the reason everyone is pissed. Coach and win. Not coach and not lose.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

jhball

Reaction score
Some of yall are maybe too young to remember how things used to be.
Great coaches along with franchise qbs do not come along often.
Enjoy the ride and appreciate the greatness that pete gives you every season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
jhball":138njg39 said:

Actually some of us if not most are ol;d enough However again the goal is the SB, under some of what I see here PC can stay for 10 more years as long as we are 8-8 or better and make the playoffs even if we loose every playoff game. The problem is the bar has been raised and rightfully so. You have an ELITE QB, and you chooce to take him out of the game for long period with bad play calling. Example first drive last week, we changed tempo, we mixed it up, the passes were quick, their were layered routes. Then 2nd series none of that.

Remember early in the year when the run gem was struggling we saw DK quick slant, DK quick curl, DK quick come back. The passing game had rhythm and had layers and allowed for quick passing if needed. Then the run game got cliking, and we went away form it. When is the last time you saw a quick slant to DK?

PC has said time and time again he hates short passes, he wants to run and take shots down filed. Great except when you stick with it even when it does not work.

So the reality is this is PCs system and will not change as long as he feels he can run the ball. Which is great in the regular season as long as you don't wait to long to let Wilson loose. But if you wait to long, its over. Lets also remember PC has said time and time again they count on off script plays. What coach counts on off script plays to win? NO coach in their right mind counts on things that are hard to do, and don't happen often, but PC has said he counts on them, they are part of their game plan.

I am not saying PC should go, I am saying he needs to change. Take away some of his power, hire a real OC that will run a real offense and let PC do the defense.

Tical21

Reaction score
For the sake of the reputation of this board and Seahawks fans around the world, can we ban this John guy?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":zl16p7se said:
Pete has 2 sb appearances over Marvin Lewis. So what?

It's not about firing pete, it's about winning.
How the hell do you think you get to the super bowl? Losing? Maybe have your name drawn in a lottery?

Two Super Bowl appearances are the POINT of playing the games.

To get to the Super Bowl, you must first make the playoffs. To make the playoffs, you have to win.

What has Pete done since he's been here? Won us games. Reached the playoffs. Appeared in two Super Bowls. Won a Super Bowl.

If it's about wining, then Pete has the credentials to do the job here.

Yeah, it sucks that we play in the toughest division in all of football. Swap us with the Patriots, and using the leverage of six basically free games per year, winning gets a lot easier. It's entirely possible and even likely that the AFC will only have 4 teams finishing with winning records. We'll likely have 3 just in our division.

The point is, they don't just hand out Lombardi trophies. Nor do they hand out conference or division titles, nor do they even hand out wins. They all have to be earned, and as good as you are, the next guy is often just as good, but with a slew of early-round draft picks because they haven't been winning year after year like we have.

It's tough to win in the NFL. It's tougher to do it consistently. Pete's record is one of consistent wining. Who do you have to replace him that has a better track record?

jhball

Reaction score
John63":3nbul6mj said:
jhball":3nbul6mj said:

Actually some of us if not most are ol;d enough However again the goal is the SB, under some of what I see here PC can stay for 10 more years as long as we are 8-8 or better and make the playoffs even if we loose every playoff game. The problem is the bar has been raised and rightfully so. You have an ELITE QB, and you chooce to take him out of the game for long period with bad play calling. Example first drive last week, we changed tempo, we mixed it up, the passes were quick, their were layered routes. Then 2nd series none of that.

Remember early in the year when the run gem was struggling we saw DK quick slant, DK quick curl, DK quick come back. The passing game had rhythm and had layers and allowed for quick passing if needed. Then the run game got cliking, and we went away form it. When is the last time you saw a quick slant to DK?

PC has said time and time again he hates short passes, he wants to run and take shots down filed. Great except when you stick with it even when it does not work.

So the reality is this is PCs system and will not change as long as he feels he can run the ball. Which is great in the regular season as long as you don't wait to long to let Wilson loose. But if you wait to long, its over. Lets also remember PC has said time and time again they count on off script plays. What coach counts on off script plays to win? NO coach in their right mind counts on things that are hard to do, and don't happen often, but PC has said he counts on them, they are part of their game plan.

I am not saying PC should go, I am saying he needs to change. Take away some of his power, hire a real OC that will run a real offense and let PC do the defense.

So ya wanna hire someone from the hair gel coaching tree and throw the ball 50 times a game?

Ill take ball control, and smart high percentage offense with a tough smothering D any day of the week.

How many Lombardis does Andy Reid have?

chris98251

Reaction score
It takes about 5 years to rebuild and season a group of players, if you can get a group overall that are talented enough to work and build together. It also takes the right players in a system, some don't fit talent wise, some don't have it upstairs.

Pete's system works when he has the pieces there is no question, adaption on the fly is where he sometimes waits too long to change things, he also seems to drift away from aspects that work and does not go back to them. Riding the horse into the ground so to speak before he concedes that maybe that horse should have been given a break and got on a different mount.

I have no doubt Schotty can call plays that move the offense as well as Wilson when he is given a chance, putting a Governor on the offense many times is a problem. He says he would like to win by margins but saying and doing isn't what I see, most of us haven't, we go into play not to lose mode with a lead too many times instead of pushing and keeping the pressure on in all 3 aspects.

He really needs to be more of a Orchestrator and let his guys be who they are a DC and a OC and kick them in the ass to adapt and change when things start to slide and use his experience to nudge and guide them versus control. Her can still be a influence but not so hands on in both aspects.

John63

Reaction score
:yawn: ⁸
jhball":3lwcsq3a said:
John63":3lwcsq3a said:
jhball":3lwcsq3a said:

So ya wanna hire someone from the hair gel coaching tree and throw the ball 50 times a game?

Ill take ball control, and smart high percentage offense with a tough smothering D any day of the week.

How many Lombardis does Andy Reid have?

Not what I said you can have a great run game and still have a NFL caliber pass game. Also remind me last time we had a smothering defense?